Not Everyone in Boston is Cheering

Mac the Knife

http://www.hfbusiness.com/story/story.bsp?...2&var=story

As the Boston Red Sox defeated the Colorado Rockies 13-1 Wednesday, those cheering the loudest likely included Jordan?s Furniture shoppers, who will win big rebates if their team wins the World Series.

In a promotion called Jordan?s Monster Deal, customers who bought furniture at the start of the season (March 7 to April 16) will get full rebates on their purchases if the Red Sox take the World Series title. The deal applies to purchases of mattresses, dining tables, sofas and beds at the four-store chain based in Avon, Mass.

The World Series promotion by Jordan?s?the official furniture store of the Boston Red Sox?is reminiscent of giveaway last year that World Furniture Mall, Aurora, Ill., tied to the Chicago Bears shutting out their arch rivals, the Green Bay Packers. In that promotion, World Furniture Mall paid out more than $300,000 in refunds to shoppers who made purchases over Labor Day Weekend?and won headlines worldwide. Both World Furniture Mall and Jordan?s protected themselves by purchasing the same kind of insurance golf tournaments take advantage of when offering a big money prize to a player who scores a hole in one.

According to The Boston Globe, more than 30,000 people made purchases during the Jordan?s contest period, and the Red Sox fan who is cheering the loudest is almost certain to be a customer who placed a $40,000 order during the contest period to furnish his entire house.

nav-logo.png

Those guys aren't fans... they are vandals and vulgar delinquents.

I get the impression you didn't actually read the story...

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Oh no, I simply quoted the furniture industry owners about the Red Sox players.

capt.0ea0732ab741465eba942b1070247aeb.world_series_red_sox_rockies_baseball_mamd5.jpg

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

No it's true about the furniture industry... the bastards! ^_^

yeah .... they're just rejects of the used car sales industry...

I saw, I came, I left.

There were a number of interviews with Eliot Tatelman, the CEO of Jordan's Furniture (and star of its commercials). He specifically got the insurance policy so he wouldn't lose any money, and there were many commercials playing up that fact, encouraging the fans to support the team. Immediately after the final pitch, there was a new commercial with Eliot at a "press conference" congratulating the Red Sox, and then getting showered with champagne.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

There were a number of interviews with Eliot Tatelman, the CEO of Jordan's Furniture (and star of its commercials). He specifically got the insurance policy so he wouldn't lose any money, and there were many commercials playing up that fact, encouraging the fans to support the team. Immediately after the final pitch, there was a new commercial with Eliot at a "press conference" congratulating the Red Sox, and then getting showered with champagne.

Only problem is that the guy's insurance rates (for anything other than liability) are liable to go up... and they'll never be able to do a promotion like that again.

nav-logo.png

Only problem is that the guy's insurance rates (for anything other than liability) are liable to go up... and they'll never be able to do a promotion like that again.

It doesn't hurt when Jordans is under the corporate umbrella of Berkshire Hathaway (aka Warren Buffett's company) and I'm sure one of the BH insurance arms issued the policy.

patriotssignature.png

I wish I had bought furniture.

You're not old enough to buy furniture.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived