Reading Phillies' new logos

Blackjack76

I hope their major league club doesn't follow suit.

I don't know if you know or not, but they're planning to unveil an alternate uniform on the 29th. I kind of hope it is blue :P

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/phi/s...jersey_form.jsp

I don't remember, but I think its a retro alt. Royals are getting a powder blue alt.

bSLCtu2.png

I hope their major league club doesn't follow suit.

I don't know if you know or not, but they're planning to unveil an alternate uniform on the 29th. I kind of hope it is blue :P

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/phi/s...jersey_form.jsp

It's the 1948 style, but with the current script / fonts. An image was posted a while ago, and I got it confirmed with a source in the team (although the image showed a white uniform, but my source claims it is more cream.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Very cool video showing the new unis/logos - I like them. The R-Phils, is a bit odd, but it may grow on me.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Hate all the new unis except the red pinstriped one with "Reading" in. Gotta love it!!!

(EDIT: Let's see the poll's results. Pinstripes with "Reading" is winning by 44.1%)

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
The Dynamic Star? I hope that's a joke. It's a clipart nautical star that's been italicised a few degrees. I hate the word dynamic, too. It's so vague, and people use it to sound intelligent even if they don't know what it means. Dynamic describes a process or system in a state of constant change or something that stimulates progress. I don't even see how that can relate to a sports logo, unless it just totally knocks your socks off, which this doesn't. Per the definition, I think calling something 'dynamic' is to give it very high praise in the scope of visual design.

I agree. You can call your star "dynamic" all you want, but that doesn't make it anything more than clip art. I like the pagoda patch, but otherwise a pretty unremarkable effort.

The weirdest thing about these to me is how it says "Reading" on the home jerseys. Is this some kind of tradition or is this new?

Springfield Cardinals do it, too. I think it's something to do with cross-branding.

Just... ew...

I don't quite know how to comment. R-Phils? Yikes.

Newspapers have nicknamed minor-league teams for years when give the same name for a major team with the same name -- found it as far back as the 1940s, when my old paper called the Interstate League team in our town the T-Giants. I know of similar minor-league name truncations such as B-Mets, B-Sens, P-Nats, and R-Braves, but it's the first time I've seen it on a uniform.

Yeah - that's what's disturbing. This might be the first time a team has actually worn that nickname on their chests.

It's at least the second time, if you take these into consideration....

1.1175710961.jpg

It's the Pawtucket Red Sox to the lay person.

Archived