Players in the "wrong" uniforms

Well, like Milo said, the prime examples are on their third round of reposts. We can't just make people up, so obviously there is going to be many less memorable examples. That only makes logical sense. Unfortunately, people seem to be around here only to rain on others parades. I agree with the guy who posted Johnny Damon in a Rays uni, that is the "wrong" uniform for many people. That fits perfectly in this thread. I mean, if you guys dont like where its gone, why are you still posting in here? Go re-read the first few pages if you're really that into those examples

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

This thread is for things like Emmitt Smith as a Cardinal or Bobby Hull as a Whaler, not LeBron James as a Cav.

Correct...unfortunately, those and their ilk are on about their third go-round as reposts.

If anyone considers the Royals, A's, Sox, or Yanks to be the "wrong" uniform for Damon, they're seriously misguided.

I personally associate him most with the Yanks, but that's because I'm a Yankees fan and he was here more recently than his tenure with the Sox. Objectively, he's equally associated with the Sox and the Yanks.

This thread is for things like Emmitt Smith as a Cardinal or Bobby Hull as a Whaler, not LeBron James as a Cav.

Thanks for the guidance newbie :P

Newbie? I've been registered here since July 2007. I'm more of a lurker than a newbie.

Get off your high horse.

Yeah, the whole thing with slamming people for membership dates and post counts is pretty disappointing, especially from members I tend to respect.

:P = kidding around.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Well, like Milo said, the prime examples are on their third round of reposts. We can't just make people up, so obviously there is going to be many less memorable examples. That only makes logical sense. Unfortunately, people seem to be around here only to rain on others parades. I agree with the guy who posted Johnny Damon in a Rays uni, that is the "wrong" uniform for many people. That fits perfectly in this thread. I mean, if you guys dont like where its gone, why are you still posting in here? Go re-read the first few pages if you're really that into those examples

Or better yet, I think it's just time to let this thread die.

Until next year when Nick Lidstrom signs a free agent contract with the Florida Panthers. :P

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

Until next year when Nick Lidstrom signs a free agent contract with the Florida Panthers. :P

Ha, that reminds me of when I used to troll the MLive Red Wings forum years ago, about how the Wings should/were going to trade Yzerman to Ottawa for a fourth round draft pick.

Also, we pronounce it "Lindstrom", here in Hockeytown. <_<

Ha, that reminds me of when I used to troll the MLive Red Wings forum years ago, about how the Wings should/were going to trade Yzerman to Ottawa for a fourth round draft pick.

Member when FedErov was here? :rolleyes:

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

Member when FedErov was here? :rolleyes:

Maybe to keep this on topic, you should've posted him in an Anaheim, Columbus or Washington uniform.

im surprised no one has posted ethier of these

Yeah...

aecard.jpg

He does look a bit strange in an A's uniform. :P

I spelled it that way as a subtile hint. Andre in a A"s uni is really wierd. nice going getting the hint

wrb141.jpgnbahoopscardszxzx01.png

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

Im Abby.. nice to meet you

Go Os. Capitals. Mets. Ravens. Rangers. Knicks. Butler Bulldogs. Maryland. Kevin Harvick.

I hate the YANKEESS

Yeah...

aecard.jpg

I spelled it that way as a subtile hint. Andre in a A"s uni is really wierd. nice going getting the hint

BS. What were the hints in these words you also just misspelled?

Wait what? thats the way my mom told me those words were spelled. but I intended to misspell Etiher to give that hint

wrb141.jpgnbahoopscardszxzx01.png

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

Im Abby.. nice to meet you

Go Os. Capitals. Mets. Ravens. Rangers. Knicks. Butler Bulldogs. Maryland. Kevin Harvick.

I hate the YANKEESS

Yeah...

aecard.jpg

BS. What were the hints in these words you also just misspelled?

Wait what? thats the way my mom told me those words were spelled. but I intended to misspell Etiher to give that hint

You should go with how your teachers tell you they're spelled, instead.

Alright here's a bunch from my own personal card collection:

Josh Hamilton with the Devil Rays (on left; with Carl Crawford on right)

3d086db94332__1302472633000.jpeg

Manny Ramirez with the Indians (old uniforms and pretty clean cut):

4c3e66d07bb4__1302472619000.jpg

Carlos Pena with the Rangers (On far right, and that's DeWayne Wise on the far right with the Blue Jays):

1ce992c8d227__1302472574000.jpg

Jim Thome in Old Tribe gear (also, listed as a third baseman):

3d480c0b34d1__1302472491000.jpg

Grady Sizemore with Expos (on right):

8011f0e7c0ba__1302472782000.jpg

Cliff Lee with Indians, listed as number 65:

eaaf042256e7__1302472600000.jpg

Derrek Lee with Padres:

be8868869c25__1302472588000.jpg

Sandy Alomar, Jr. with the Padres:

2c21ad1057c2__1302472555000.jpg

Travis Hafner with the Rangers (far left):