Players in the "wrong" uniforms

GM Omar Minaya obtained Bartolo Colon and Tim Drew from the Indians for Cliff Lee,Grady Sizemore, Brandon Phillips and Lee Stevens.

Here's Lee with Harrisburg (Expos organization)

Lee%2B%2BHarrisburg.jpg

Here's Brandon Phillips with the Expos:

2000-bowman-brandon-phillips.jpg?w=213&h=300

& with the Indians:

phillips-brandon-cvi-1.jpg

I have both a Brandon Phillips and Cliff Lee prospect card (Expos), but couldn't find either...

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

im surprised no one has posted ethier of these

Yeah...

aecard.jpg

He does look a bit strange in an A's uniform. :P

I spelled it that way as a subtile hint. Andre in a A"s uni is really wierd. nice going getting the hint

BS. What were the hints in these words you also just misspelled?

Wait what? thats the way my mom told me those words were spelled. but I intended to misspell Etiher to give that hint

Did you purposely misspell "Ethier" a second time to give another hint?

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

GM Omar Minaya obtained Bartolo Colon and Tim Drew from the Indians for Cliff Lee,Grady Sizemore, Brandon Phillips and Lee Stevens.

Here's Lee with Harrisburg (Expos organization)

Lee%2B%2BHarrisburg.jpg

Here's Brandon Phillips with the Expos:

2000-bowman-brandon-phillips.jpg?w=213&h=300

& with the Indians:

phillips-brandon-cvi-1.jpg

I have both a Brandon Phillips and Cliff Lee prospect card (Expos), but couldn't find either...

It's amazing to think how good some of those Expos teams could've been if they held onto their talent.

Granted, Lee didn't break out for many years after they dealt him, but the names they gave away over the last 20+ years...

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

So what is the "right" uniform for Cliff Lee now?

When he got traded from Cleveland to Philadelphia, I'm fairly certain the early shots of him in Phillies pinstripes made it into this thread. Since then, he spent half a season in Phila., half in Seattle, half in Texas, and is now back in Philadelphia. I'd argue that his success in the 2009 post season (and the national exposure he got from being on that team) got him associated with the Phillies, even after he left (and now that he's back, it's even more so.) I don't think I'm letting local media coverage cloud my opinion, but of course that's always possible. Just curious.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

hendrickson.jpg

Who th hell is he? And why is he on this topic?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Hendrickson

;)

he also happens to be a baseball pitcher now. Relief Pitcher for my Baltimore Orioles. man that is wierd to look at^

wrb141.jpgnbahoopscardszxzx01.png

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

Im Abby.. nice to meet you

Go Os. Capitals. Mets. Ravens. Rangers. Knicks. Butler Bulldogs. Maryland. Kevin Harvick.

I hate the YANKEESS

im surprised no one has posted ethier of these

Yeah...

aecard.jpg

He does look a bit strange in an A's uniform. :P

I spelled it that way as a subtile hint. Andre in a A"s uni is really wierd. nice going getting the hint

It wasn't a hint, you didn't know Ethier was ever in the A's organization

I know Ethier was in the A"s organzation. I have his A"s card.

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

Go Os. Capitals. Mets. Ravens. Rangers. Knicks. Butler Bulldogs. Maryland. Kevin Harvick.

I hate the YANKEESS

Ok, well it was a good excuse for misspelling "either"

Also, why do you continue to use quotations as apostrophes?

ehh. i tend to get visits from the grammar nazi alot. lol. ive always thought quotations were apostrophes. I just guess a force of habbit?

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

I hate the YANKEESS

Ok, well it was a good excuse for misspelling "either"

Also, why do you continue to use quotations as apostrophes?

ehh. i tend to get visits from the grammar nazi alot. lol. ive always thought quotations were apostrophes. I just guess a force of habbit?

Habit, not to be confused with Hobbit

gollum.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17