Players in the "wrong" uniforms

The great Brian Scalabrine as a net:

scalabrine_netsjpeg.jpg

Um, he played nearly half his career thus far with the Nets.

Yeah, but he has none of the persona attached to his years there. In Boston he gained a reputation as the championship-winning bench-warmer. And in Chicago, he is a celebrity. In New Jersey, he was just a guy on the team. Its not just a number of years, its how memorable they were, or weren't

His claim to fame was on the nets what are you talking about?

Really? If those years are his claim to fame, then what do you call this?

brian-scalabrine-ring-150.jpg

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

The great Brian Scalabrine as a net:

scalabrine_netsjpeg.jpg

Um, he played nearly half his career thus far with the Nets.

Yeah, but he has none of the persona attached to his years there. In Boston he gained a reputation as the championship-winning bench-warmer. And in Chicago, he is a celebrity. In New Jersey, he was just a guy on the team. Its not just a number of years, its how memorable they were, or weren't

His claim to fame was on the nets what are you talking about?

Really? If those years are his claim to fame, then what do you call this?

brian-scalabrine-ring-150.jpg

Just stop. Guys like him don't even really belong in this thread, in the first place. The casual NBA fan doesn't even know what team he's on now--I didn't. I've only ever heard of him because he played in a notable Pistons/Nets playoff series some years back.

Johnny Damon:

johnny-damon-2011-1-21-22-21-29.jpg

johnny-damon-4711.jpg

Johnny Damon has now played for six teams. He's played more seasons for the Royals, than for anyone else. He played an equal number of years on each side of the Yankees/BoSox rivalry, winning a World Series with both. Which, pray tell, is the right uniform?

the Red Sox.

Given the facts I presented...why?

Johnny Damon:

johnny-damon-2011-1-21-22-21-29.jpg

johnny-damon-4711.jpg

Johnny Damon has now played for six teams. He's played more seasons for the Royals, than for anyone else. He played an equal number of years on each side of the Yankees/BoSox rivalry, winning a World Series with both. Which, pray tell, is the right uniform?

the Red Sox.

Given the facts I presented...why?

Even with your facts, who remembers him as a Royal? Nobody. I remember him most as a member of the Red Sox, and considering that's where he really put his name on the map, I think that's a pretty reasonable thought.

90758391980.gif

I remember Johnny Damon as a Royal. It really wasn't that long ago.

I think remember was the wrong word to use... I meant it more like:

Who thinks of his tenure on the Royals when people think of Johnny Damon. Nobody.

Who thinks, "ah, classic Royal right there" when they hear Johnny Damon. Nobody.

90758391980.gif

If anyone considers the Royals, A's, Sox, or Yanks to be the "wrong" uniform for Damon, they're seriously misguided.

I personally associate him most with the Yanks, but that's because I'm a Yankees fan and he was here more recently than his tenure with the Sox. Objectively, he's equally associated with the Sox and the Yanks.

This thread is for things like Emmitt Smith as a Cardinal or Bobby Hull as a Whaler, not LeBron James as a Cav.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

If anyone considers the Royals, A's, Sox, or Yanks to be the "wrong" uniform for Damon, they're seriously misguided.

I personally associate him most with the Yanks, but that's because I'm a Yankees fan and he was here more recently than his tenure with the Sox. Objectively, he's equally associated with the Sox and the Yanks.

This thread is for things like Emmitt Smith as a Cardinal or Bobby Hull as a Whaler, not LeBron James as a Cav.

Thanks for the guidance newbie :P

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Newbie? I've been registered here since July 2007. I'm more of a lurker than a newbie.

Get off your high horse.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

Correct...unfortunately, those and their ilk are on about their third go-round as reposts.

Newbie? I've been registered here since July 2007. I'm more of a lurker than a newbie.

Get off your high horse.

Yeah, the whole thing with slamming people for membership dates and post counts is pretty disappointing, especially from members I tend to respect.