Players in the "wrong" uniforms

Thurman Thomas wearing the ultimate enemy uniform down in Miami in 2000.

thurman-thomas_mia2000.jpg

That's not only the wrong uniform; it's the wrong facemask. I'll always associate Thomas with the "NOPO" (nose and oral protection only) facemask with a bar down the middle, since he seemed to be one of the only skill-position players (or at least the most prominent) who wore one.

23442137.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

That's not only the wrong uniform; it's the wrong facemask. I'll always associate Thomas with the "NOPO" (nose and oral protection only) facemask with a bar down the middle, since he seemed to be one of the only skill-position players (or at least the most prominent) who wore one.

You're right ... Good spot!! fumup.jpg

That was indeed his trademark™ face-mask .... maybe I'll ask my nephew to inquire about it the next time he calls into his radio program.

To me, I was gutted just seeing him in that uniform. He never wore it at the Ralph, was out injured and up in the press box.

Please put names with the pictures. Not everyone who is well known in your world is well known to anyone else.

Yes, they ought to,

I know that player on BRAVES card but the name just isn't coming to me, but the hockey player posted is Mats Sundin who played around 15 years with the MAPLE LEAFS.

As odd it may look seeing him in anything but a Toronto uniform I think some hockey fans may be forgetting that when he came to the NHL it was with Quebec NORDIQUES first. He was traded after a few seasons in a package that brought Wendel Clark to Quebec for a short time before their move to Denver. That was a big trade at that time.

mats+sundin+nordiques.jpg

Owen Nolan- Colorado Avalanche

5135-40Fr.jpg

5135-40Bk.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

A big club like that in the NBA without backup jerseys for their players, that's bizarre.

Seeing him return from his baseball adventure wearing number 45 was just sooooo wrong!

I'm glad he smartened up and went back to 23 ....

mjhof-45-reggiemiller.jpg

Now who's got a Space Jam picture?

SPACE_JAM_MJ.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

You're right ... Good spot!! fumup.jpg

That was indeed his trademark? face-mask .... maybe I'll ask my nephew to inquire about it the next time he calls into his radio program.

To me, I was gutted just seeing him in that uniform. He never wore it at the Ralph, was out injured and up in the press box.

Please put names with the pictures. Not everyone who is well known in your world is well known to anyone else.

Yes, they ought to,

I know that player on BRAVES card but the name just isn't coming to me, but the hockey player posted is Mats Sundin who played around 15 years with the MAPLE LEAFS.

As odd it may look seeing him in anything but a Toronto uniform I think some hockey fans may be forgetting that when he came to the NHL it was with Quebec NORDIQUES first. He was traded after a few seasons in a package that brought Wendel Clark to Quebec for a short time before their move to Denver. That was a big trade at that time.

mats+sundin+nordiques.jpg

He looks a lot like Justin Morneau in this pic.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats