Favorite sports moment of all time

Spezza19

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

June 6th, 2007. The moment Corey Perry one-timed Daniel Alfredsson's pass, I leapt to my feet and never sat down again until the entire celebration was over. I had tears in my eyes at that moment, no lie.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Well I haven't experienced a whole lot, being only 15. Cause I only paid attention to sports for roughly 5 years of that. So. Yea.

Love...

-I'd have to say Boise State's upset win over Oklahoma in last year's Fiesta Bowl.

-Ohio State's National Championship win over Miami in triple overtime.

-Daniel Gibson draining 5 three-pointers against the Pistons in last years Eastern Conference Finals (Cavs Win).

Love to Hate... (I had to add)

-(OK I wasn't alive when it happened, But I've seen the game on ESPN Classic plenty of times) Broncos comeback and beat Browns 1989 AFC Championship

-Boston Red Sox come back from 3 game (?) deficit in the AL Championship vs. the Indians (2007)

-Cavaliers swept by the Spurs in 2007 NBA Finals

-Bukeyes beat by florida in 2007 National Championship of NCAA Basketball.....and Football

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

1972-Henderson has scored for Canada.

That's a good one, I'm surprised no one put it until now.

That was 35 years ago. Many members aren't even that old and they would have to be at least old enough to remember the goal (like 8 years old when that happened at the least which would make them 43).

App%20State%20shush.jpg

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

...well it says favorite MOMENT, so I'm going with this as the "in-person" category, despite an unfavorable game and therefore series outcome...

Even though the only one I could find is a "re-enactment", you get the point

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CHAVrqOIWDc&feature=related

The upper deck was literally bouncing and shaking...

As I was too young to really remember the Rangers winning the cup in '94 and WAAAAY too young to even remember who the hell I even was when the Mets won Game 6 of the '86 series (and game 7 too...), the top moment of mine not in-person I guess would have to be when Kevin Kelly's field goal tucked just inside the left upright in the third-overtime of the 2006 Orange Bowl to beat FSU 26-23...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

April 7, 2001

The AHL's Worcester IceCats (a team I used to be a fan of before they moved to Peoria, IL) wins the AHL's regular season. I was lucky enough to go to that very game when they clinched it. It was the team's most successful moment as the IceCats as well as my favorite night of the decade.

No question -- the Miracle on Ice.

Nothing comes close to it. Nothing captured people like that did.

The Twins' 1987 World Series championship is up there. So is their 1991 title. So is my hometown high school finally making the state Class B boys basketball tournament in 1977 and '78. But nothing comes close to the Miracle on Ice. I don't think anything will. That was beyond special.

No question -- the Miracle on Ice.

Nothing comes close to it. Nothing captured people like that did.

The Twins' 1987 World Series championship is up there. So is their 1991 title.

B)

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived