elliott Redesigns the NFL

elliott

Don't know if you care, but #15 on the Miami Dolphins is Davone Bess. He's something of a fan favorite, mainly because as a UDFA he made the team because of his determination and stick 'em-for-hands.

Anyway, those jerseys sure are wild, I really love them. The only thing that bothers me is the alternate, I feel that the cut lines should follow those of the primary and secondary, even if the jersey is solid orange.

cttdolphins2.png

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't know if you care, but #15 on the Miami Dolphins is Davone Bess. He's something of a fan favorite, mainly because as a UDFA he made the team because of his determination and stick 'em-for-hands.

Anyway, those jerseys sure are wild, I really love them. The only thing that bothers me is the alternate, I feel that the cut lines should follow those of the primary and secondary, even if the jersey is solid orange.

I didn't know that, but I usually just come up with a completely random number, then put "Player" on the back, even if it is a real player's number.

Didn't like the giants one, or the bears.

The rest are solid. Very nice work (even the Browns, and i hate when people try to do Browns concepts)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Concept 23: KC Chiefs

Ok, here is the first post in a while, I wanted to bring out a new striping scheme for the Chiefs, and also keep them in the white-on-white combo for the roads because for some reason I really like that for them. Also, I messed around with the logo, giving it a yellow outline and some yellow drop-shadow in the lettering. I guess the only other thing is that there is a small amount of black, something that they currently only have in their logo. I was going to do a black alternate, but scrapped it.

ChiefsConcept2008.gif

C+C welcome, as usual.

Next, Redskins, keeping the Native American them going!! (I think y'all will like what I did for the 'Skins.)

• 3 weeks later...

OK, two concepts here. I kinda wish people were more interested in the thread. Like, I know people look at it, I just would like them to post.

Concept 24: Redskins

The first thing you might notice is the new logo. I tried to combine the R and the feather. It's different, that's for sure. I'm not really sure if I even like it. But it's just a new idea I'm throwing out there.

The striping was inspired by their helmets. Also it was sort of inspired by their throwbacks that they might still break out from time to time (I don't really know). The arm striping is a little different though, and the pants/helmet are completely different.

RedskinsConcept2008.gif

Concept 25: Titans

I really don't like the combos the Titans break out. I like them in a set where there isn't three colors between the helmet, pants, and jersey...I mean like no light blue, dark blue, and white, at the same time. For this concept that would happen with light blue helmet, navy jersey, white pants, only. That would be the only combination I wouldn't like. Anyhow, I kept it simple, yes, there is piping, but because the piping connects I don't think it is so distracting.

TitansConcept2008.gif

C+C appreciated, also C+C is appreciated for Chiefs, only got 1 comment. Thanks.

Personally, I like red as a striping color for the Titans. You obviously refrained from using it, but I'm just wondering what the reasoning behind it is.

I don't know...they don't use it currently, and I think they have a pretty decent identity with two-tone blue. Also I think it might be a little... cluttered, too many colors.

I'll have to give a big fat NO to the Skins logo. It looks a lot like the cheerleaders' logo when putting the feather in. Plus, I think a white or gold R would work much better on the burgundy helmet. The sleeve stripes could work if they were shrunk down significantly, more along the lines of Auburn.

spacer.png

I disagree. I really dig the fat sleeve stripes on the 'Skins jerseys he did. I'm also a big fan of the striping on their white pants, as well.

I also really like the new look you've got going for the Titans as well. My only change would be to stick with the white helmet. The light blue helmet is just too much.

...All in all, these are really nice. Seems like the little layoff has reinvigorated your designing spirit!

Sigs are for sissies.

You've made some excellent concepts so far, I really like your work! Of course, I feel that I have to gripe a bit about my hometown team (the Broncs), but since that concept was posted nearly a year ago, I suppose I'll let it slide :) . Keep up the excellent work!

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

Those Buffalo Bills designs would have everyone in an uproar in up here in Western New York. Looks like an SEC rendition of the whole league.

I think you are wrong. People in New York would love a return to a more retro look. I know that for a fact. I don't think you know what you are talking about. Plus you have one post so I can't really take you seriously.

Also, looking back, maybe 1 or 2 of the concepts look like templates in the SEC. So...what?

Those Buffalo Bills designs would have everyone in an uproar in up here in Western New York. Looks like an SEC rendition of the whole league.

I think you are wrong. People in New York would love a return to a more retro look. I know that for a fact. I don't think you know what you are talking about. Plus you have one post so I can't really take you seriously.

Also, looking back, maybe 1 or 2 of the concepts look like templates in the SEC. So...what?

I'm only posting for the first time (maybe you can't take me seriously, LOL) but I do like that Redskins helmet. It doesn't have the "Redskins face" that many find offensive and the feather on the helmet is a nice reference to the feather they used to have on the middle of the helmet. You've done alot of work in this series, and I admire it. Commenting on a few other ones, I agree the poster who didn't like the block numbers on the Bears. I'd like them to stay in their current form; the Dolphins jerseys are very nice, particularly with the white numbers.

Really? I figured people in New York were a diverse, varied group, in which opinions would range from loving said return to hating it. Your comment, when thought about critically, is as big a misstep as the one you quoted. As far as your Skins concept, I think the big sleeve stripes were a poor decision because sleeve shrink would truncate said stripes on most players' jerseys.

Really? I figured people in New York were a diverse, varied group, in which opinions would range from loving said return to hating it. Your comment, when thought about critically, is as big a misstep as the one you quoted. As far as your Skins concept, I think the big sleeve stripes were a poor decision because sleeve shrink would truncate said stripes on most players' jerseys.

I was about to mention something along the same line.

Look no further than the Pittsburgh Steelers to see how fat "sleeve" striping would work out on modern-day jerseys. That alone is the reason why I have to say "no" to the big sleeve stripes for your Redskins concept--and really, to the whole idea of "sleeve" striping period, considering the ever-shrinking "armholes" that are being passed off as "sleeves" these days. (But that one ain't really on you, there, so take that FWIW.)

The Titans one? Sorry, folk--can't take that one, either, and that's simply because of the overuse of the columbia/luv-ya/whatever-the-hell-they-call-their blue over in Tennessee--at least, in my mind. Mainly, it's the blue helmet that isn't working for me. And also...that shoulder yoke the Titans use has now pretty much become a staple of their visual identity, so I think it'd be tough to completely eradicate that from their look. That said...the design you've come up with, based on its own merits, does have potential to work for another team...just not the Titans, at least in my eyes. And as far as working in red somehow...I'd love to see it done (in fact, I've even tried before, with not much luck)...but that's no easy task, so I can see why you chose not to go there.

As for your Chiefs concept...I see no issue with that one there. Considering what they have now, if they were to adopt your concept, I really wouldn't see much of a difference other than the addition of black trim. I do think, however, you might want to look at moving the yellow trim outboard of the black trim...it helps eliminate the "cartoony" look too often associated with heavy black outlines.

That's it from me for now...but keep up the good work...you've had some reall good stuff in this here series...let's see what you can cook up next.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I was about to mention something along the same line.

Look no further than the Pittsburgh Steelers to see how fat "sleeve" striping would work out on modern-day jerseys. That alone is the reason why I have to say "no" to the big sleeve stripes for your Redskins concept--and really, to the whole idea of "sleeve" striping period, considering the ever-shrinking "armholes" that are being passed off as "sleeves" these days. (But that one ain't really on you, there, so take that FWIW.)

The Titans one? Sorry, folk--can't take that one, either, and that's simply because of the overuse of the columbia/luv-ya/whatever-the-hell-they-call-their blue over in Tennessee--at least, in my mind. Mainly, it's the blue helmet that isn't working for me. And also...that shoulder yoke the Titans use has now pretty much become a staple of their visual identity, so I think it'd be tough to completely eradicate that from their look. That said...the design you've come up with, based on its own merits, does have potential to work for another team...just not the Titans, at least in my eyes. And as far as working in red somehow...I'd love to see it done (in fact, I've even tried before, with not much luck)...but that's no easy task, so I can see why you chose not to go there.

As for your Chiefs concept...I see no issue with that one there. Considering what they have now, if they were to adopt your concept, I really wouldn't see much of a difference other than the addition of black trim. I do think, however, you might want to look at moving the yellow trim outboard of the black trim...it helps eliminate the "cartoony" look too often associated with heavy black outlines.

That's it from me for now...but keep up the good work...you've had some reall good stuff in this here series...let's see what you can cook up next.

Allright, thanks for your comments, I appreciate it.

On to...Concept 26...Tampa Bay Buccaneers

I went with a look based on pewter here. I'm not really sure why, I guess just because it's unique. I kept the pants with no striping to make the combination look really simple. The arm striping is a little more complicated.

BucaneersConcept2008.gif

So...C+C...and Jets or Raiders next.

I like the Bucs overall, but there are a couple things I would like to say.

The pewter jersey looks nice, but I think it would work better as an alt and have the red as the primary.

Also, I'm not liking the stripe on the helmet, I love their helmets now with no stripe.

Third, I think you should add a black jersey as another alternate, but I know 3 is the magic number, so it's no big deal.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

• 2 weeks later...

Concepts 27 and 28: Jets and Eagles

Two teams sporting green here. For the Jets I used a relatively simple striping design, but the addition of black changes things up. I used an old logo because I'm not a big fan of the current one, and slightly brightened up the green.

For the Eagles I considered using kelly green but stayed with midnight. The gray makes more of the comeback though, and I kept the black to a minimum. I am planning on experimenting with NO black, that includes logos, and if I come up with something good I will of course post it.

Jets

JetsConcept2008-3.gif

Eagles

EaglesConcept2008.gif

Still looking for comments on the Bucs, though. I only have 3 concepts left after this: 49ers, Vikings, and Raiders. I can tell you this: the Vikings and Raiders are pretty nice, IMO, something new for both teams. The 49ers I am having trouble finalizing, but it might end up looking pretty good.

Yeah, so I do want more comments, just to finish this thread strong. Thanks guys, I really do appreciate everyone who has commented throughout the threads history.

Archived