elliott Redesigns the NFL

elliott

Hi everyone, I have been working on making many NFL concepts in the past month or two, and although I have not completed all of my ideas, I decided to start up this series. I learned a lot from my "30 NHL concepts in 30 days" series, especially to not put out 30 concepts in 30 days ^_^ . I learned that it makes for a sort of rushed series...while on this series I plan to put out concepts whenever I feel like it, and not everyday. I will probably post new ones after I see plenty of helpful C+C, which allows me to make updates to bring my ideas to their maximum potential, something I didnt do in my NHL series. I think I have some pretty good designs that you will like...of course that is for the viewer to decide. But I hope that this series will be as succesful as my NHL series, which got over 100 posts.

Concept 1: Buffalo Bills

This sort of a mega-Bills concept, as I have taken the opinions of everyone on this board in mind. I stayed away from a monochrome navy design, and went more for a traditional look. I realize McCall has a Bills concept going right now, but keep in mind that I made this months ago (although I have no way to prove it, you're just going to have to take my word for it). The more modern part is the pants, as I tried to make the look more streamlined instead of all boring, traditional stripes, just trying to stay away from a boring concept.

Billsconcept.gif

Please keep the C+C coming throughout this series, I started to get only about 5 posts per concept in my last long series, so it is up to you to keep the posts coming!!!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. That's a lot of home uniforms. They planning on going naked on the road?

(Also, my concept was done a couple months back as well. For some reason it's been resurrected. But this doesn't mean you can't do a Bills concept either. That's the beauty of this place. You can post a concept for any team you want. ^_^ )

I really, really, like this. I wouldn't mind seeing how it would look with the pant stripes going all the way down, but this looks great. It gives a traditional feel, but then is also new and refreshing. I'm still not sure about the side stripes, and I would prefer the red helmet over the white one, but other than that this is a very solid job.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I like the truncated pants stripes, it kind of ties into the motion-bar-thingy in the helmet logo. Maybe the pants stripes could get a little wider as they go down, just to tie it in even more?

Also, the wordmark looks too big. Being big isn't a problem, except that the wordmark looks old and boring. I'd either make a new, more dynamic one, or downplay the current crappy one.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

(1) You may want to consider some center striping on the helmet. I love the return to the white helmet but the lack of a stripe makes it seem though it fell somewhat short.

(2) Ditch the sleeve 'striping' and drop the uniform number down to that general area. Why NFL teams still insist on sleeve striping in a day and age where 95% of player uniforms don't have sleeves, I'll never know.

(3) Consider adding the numeral to the pant leg, just below the logo.

(4) The alt. set looks good until you focus on the side piping. The changeover from white/blue/white to white/red/white (or blue/red/blue) is a little jarring.

nav-logo.png

Wow. That's a lot of home uniforms. They planning on going naked on the road?

Ooops...

The blue/red does not look good.

I don't really understand this part of your comment, could you be more specific?

Sorry. I meant the way there is a blue side panel on the jersey and a red stripe on the pants.

I like the return of the white helmet, it looks much better. I think I know what patsox is trying to say; the red alt with the blue side panels and then the red pant striping does look rather odd. I'd either keep both stripes one color.

Also, as much as I like the helmet I think it's missing something. Either add a stripe or consider changing the facemask to blue, as wilson said.

Overall a good concept.

Good luck keeping this project up.

As I always say....I love the white helmet for the Bills.

I think your set is good. It's not as modern as what the Bills are currently wearing, but a little more modern than their last set.

It's a good balance and I wouldn't mind seeing these become a reality.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

(2) Ditch the sleeve 'striping' and drop the uniform number down to that general area. Why NFL teams still insist on sleeve striping in a day and age where 95% of player uniforms don't have sleeves, I'll never know.

It is that lack of a sleeve that makes putting the number down there a bad idea. In most if not all recent redisigns, tv numbers are going up to the shoulders, even if there is no stripes / logo on the "sleeve" (see Giants.)

You are right about the stripe though. I'm not sure if he has a better option. The logo would be redundant there (but still probably not the worst thing in the world). Maybe make the stripes limited to the elastic trim? Maybe just a solid red cuff (on the blue, and blue on the white?)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

All I can say is SWEET!!! Those are awsome. Best Bills cocept ever, except.... make the red jersy stripes match the pants. So what if the middle stripe matches the jersey. That is my only complaint. LOVE the helmet with NO stripes. You like stripes? See: Buffalo on side of helmet! TOP NOTCH JOB!

The jerseys are great. I agree with Patsox that the red jersey should not have the side stripes. They don't blend well with the pants. But I love the jerseys. This would instantly be about the best white jersey in the league and I love the red. It does look Old Pats, but that's a long time ago.

The only complaint I have is that the helmet needs stripping down the middle.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Those look, if not cool, perfect, except, The helmet needs a center stripe (blue-white-red-white-blue) and I think you should switch back to the first font (the current one looks very generic).

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

OK, thanks everyone for the CnC so far.

The next two concepts will be my attempt to distance two teams with similar colors & looks.

Concept 2: Detroit Lions

For the Lions, I kept silver helmets and blue primary, but changed the striping, and added white pants. Took out the silver in the numbers. New wordmark. The white jersey has a lot of silver in the striping, but I thought the blue numerals offset that to create a nicely balanced jersey. I'd rather know what you think, though :P .

DetroitLionsconcept.gif

C+C appreciated

Archived