elliott Redesigns the NFL

elliott

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heres some options for the home uni, what do you like?

broncoshomeoptions.gif

I know some may find it boring, but I'll go with the second combo. It's the only way to keep the swoosh with outline idea you had and still have everything match up. I think it'd look okay on the field, nice work!

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

There are a lot of things I like about the Chargers jerseys.

I do think there should be lightning bolts for stripes and the number isn't needed, but otherwise I really like it. And I always did like the Chargers better in gold pants at home.

Yeah, how can they be the Bolts without the bolts? I do dig the increased use of yellow, but I'm not feeling those numbers on the helmets. I'd try those in yellow with a white outline, to match the bolt logo. I'm really digging the old 60's crest, too.

Sigs are for sissies.

• 3 weeks later...

Concept 8: Indianapolis Colts

Hey again, I didnt want to let this thread die, especially since I have the concepts for 31/32 teams finished and on my computer. Here is my 8th attempt, the Colts, who are obviously not going to change any time soon, but I think this might look cool.

coltsconcept.gif

C+C

Concept 7: San Diego Chargers.

A retro concept here, no navy blue to be found. C+C

ChargersConcept.gif

I actually have no problem with the numbers on the helmet. Nor do I mind the different pants. But I would change the facemask from white to yellow, cause I think the home set would look really good then.

Oh, and on the home sleeve striping, did you mean to go yellow-blue-white? It isn't consistent with the rest of the striping patterns.

coltsconcept.gif

I actually like the colts jerseys a lot, call me crazy but for whatever reason the same-color outline on the numbers fit the colors well.

That being said, here's what bothers me. If you switch the pants... you get 2 completely different jerseys. The blue has one solid white stripe, and the white has 2 blue stripes. I know the idea here - the striping is "consistent" as you have it now cause the blue jersey flows into the blue stripes on the white pants and vice versa... but I'm just not feeling it. Out of the 2 jerseys, I love the away set so much more. The 2 stripe dealie works so much better with the outline you have on the numbers. Maybe they can be mono blue with 2 white stripes all the way down at home and mono white with 2 blue stripes all the way down on the road? That wouldn't leave you with any alternate uni combo's but then again, the Colts don't have alternate combo's NOW.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

I actually like the Colts one. The blue helmet looks really nice, I always thought that the Colts needed a blue helmet. I think the only thing bugging me is the underarm stripes; they're kinda what the Rams had for the first couple of seasons with their new jerseys and, well, they got rid of those pretty fast.

Also, I like the pants, but I think the stripe could be a little thinner... Maybe have the horseshoe sort of over lap the stripe.

Good job overall! Usually don't grade concepts, but I'd give this one an A-

I think you have good work here, but as a Colts fan - those just dont work. The Colts have one of theose traditional looks that should never, ever be touched. However, I think all of your work is well done and I think alot of it does have some potential. Keep it up!

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Love the Bengals concept , my fav by far ...

Also really like the Cardinals set ...

The Indy concept is a major improvment and looks very sharp , though i would remove the horseshoe logo off the pants , having 2 logos like that is a little much , but the blue helmet is great . Also an all blue alt. Uni could be nice too ...

The chargers concept is great too , but i do think you need a touch of navy to outline the logos and add a boldness that the powder blue , yellow and white just cant achieve on ther own. Just outlines i think would make it pop ...

keep up the great work

• 3 weeks later...

Concept 9: Houston Texans

Hi again everyone, I know I seem to be slacking off on this thread, but I just keep forgetting to post new concepts!

Ok, so I had a Texans concept a couple months ago on my old template. So I took everyones C+C and put it on this template, and I think I came up with something that looks pretty good. Link to old.

C+C is appreciated.

I was planning on doing the Jaguars next, but I might do the Giants, then Patriots for the Superbowl. What do you want?

HoustonTexans2.gif

Archived