elliott Redesigns the NFL

elliott

These look like great Bowling Green uniforms. I appreciate that you went out on a limb, but, unfortunately, this probably wasn't the right team to put on said limb. This, IMO, is probably your most original concept in this thread, which I appreciate. Some of the others seem a little cookie-cutter. Anyways, I think there are issues with how the piping transitions from the jersey to the pants on the brown/white and white/orange combos. Personally, I think even if you go modern with the Browns, it has to be simplified a little more, especially on the numbers. Finally, I am not too fond of the dog head. I think it would be stronger if you used the "B football".

Just my 2 cents...

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Concept 15...Cleveland Browns

This is probably the most "controversial" design I have yet to unveil, and while I realize that it is doubtful that the Brown will ever do anything this modern, I wouldn't mind if it was something like this.

ClevelandBrowns.gif

Next: Steelers

Son, you messin' with the WRONG team here. We're gonna have Jim Brown and Bobby Mitchell pay you a visit to enlighten you on how the Browns uniforms should look. Read my lips- THE BROWNS DON'T NEED A CRAP-A** "MODERNIZATION" OF THE MOST CLASSIC UNIFORM IN FOOTBALL! Why don't you go mess with the Yankees or the Detroit Red Wings or the Montreal Canadiens. Those old fogie teams also need "modernization."

Yes, I realize I am messing with the wrong team, but that is kind of why I did it. Its a redesign project. When I barely changed anything on my Canadiens concept for my redesigning the nhl thread, I was I told I should go out on a limb. So I did. I guess I just can't win with the classic teams. But I'm not gonna just skip them.

I'm not mad at you. It's just that your work on the Browns is a bit over the top for my taste. And yes, the blue-collar-hardhat tradition of the Browns has so much tradition with it. Paul Brown chose the all-White uniforms because in his thinking the all-White look was more intimidating. Given the fact I've been a Browns fan for 50 years definitely plays into my feelings. And to the person who said this uniform would be great for Bowling Green, BGSU is where Paul got the inspiration when he designed the first Browns uniforms for the 1946 season. Again, good work but some teams don't need change just for change's sake.

This is probably the most "controversial" design I have yet to unveil, and while I realize that it is doubtful that the Brown will ever do anything this modern, I wouldn't mind if it was something like this.

ClevelandBrowns.gif

Son, you messin' with the WRONG team here. We're gonna have Jim Brown and Bobby Mitchell pay you a visit to enlighten you on how the Browns uniforms should look. Read my lips- THE BROWNS DON'T NEED A CRAP-A** "MODERNIZATION" OF THE MOST CLASSIC UNIFORM IN FOOTBALL! Why don't you go mess with the Yankees or the Detroit Red Wings or the Montreal Canadiens. Those old fogie teams also need "modernization."

Yes, I realize I am messing with the wrong team, but that is kind of why I did it. Its a redesign project. When I barely changed anything on my Canadiens concept for my redesigning the nhl thread, I was I told I should go out on a limb. So I did. I guess I just can't win with the classic teams. But I'm not gonna just skip them.

I'm not mad at you. It's just that your work on the Browns is a bit over the top for my taste. And yes, the blue-collar-hardhat tradition of the Browns has so much tradition with it. Paul Brown chose the all-White uniforms because in his thinking the all-White look was more intimidating. Given the fact I've been a Browns fan for 50 years definitely plays into my feelings. And to the person who said this uniform would be great for Bowling Green, BGSU is where Paul got the inspiration when he designed the first Browns uniforms for the 1946 season. Again, good work but some teams don't need change just for change's sake.

Last time I checked the title of the thread was Elliot REDESIGNS the NFL, not Elliot copies the same old design.

123xa2.png

Maybe you aren't mad, but the way you worded your "c & c" post sure would make anyone think you weren't happy with him at all for trying something new. I sure thought you were upset at him for that.

As BDiamond pointed out, this is a "redesign" thread.

I personally am not a fan of "modernization" in real-life football uniforms. But on a concept forum such as this, I frankly don't see a problem with it, no matter how "classic" and "traditional" the team is in real life. Concept forums are places where people can showcase their creativity and "conceptioneering" skills. What would be the point of a forum full of concepts that were all similar to and/or based largely on the team's actual unfirms?

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

ClevelandBrowns.gif

Wow. This is great. The template looks like what the Falcons may have been trying to accomplish with their redesign, except, ya know, it doesn't suck. In fact, it's quite awesome.

Of course the Browns would never change to something like this. We all know that. But if a certain school whose name clashes with their color scheme were to switch to something like this, they'd definitely have my approval.

Browns concept is awesome, probably your best so far. Ignore the idiots who say you can't touch the Brown's uniforms...such stupidity. If they would take a second to read, they would know it is a redesign thread and the point is change- it isn't like the Cleveland Browns administration is checking this thread out and considering a change. Geez people you embarass yourselves sometimes.

If you want to know the truth, I think the Browns current uniforms are UGLY as hell and have been for almost forever. They have a unique and awesome color scheme that is made into crap. There. I said it. Oh, and they suck at football.

Hey Elliot,

I sent you a private message, but I'll post my comments on the board and hopefully you can post the concept. I said that I actually liked the concept. It's a nice modernization of a sharp color scheme. The changes/additions I would like to see is, a set of brown pants for road games, darken the orange to the same shade they have now, and lose the numbers off of the side of the helmet. If you're going to use numbers on the sides of the helmets, make them brown trimmed in white.

Thanks, everyone, for all the comments on the Browns concept. Just goes to show that the most controversial concepts get the most posts...

Concept 16...Steelers

Since steel is gray, I always thought there should be some in the Steelers' unis. So here is my attempt at creating a cool concept with a touch of gray. C+C.

Steelersconcept2.gif

Next: maybe Falcons?

• 1 month later...

Concept 17: New Orleans Saints

Ok, restarting this thread after more than a month absence!! For the Saints I wanted something modern, but also relatively simple. I used a white helmet for some reason, I think it might be better in gold, but I think it might because my "redesigned league" might have too many gold helmets if the Saints did as well...that is kind of a weak reason but it's the only one I got!

I really don't know what team I am doing next. Requests are welcome.

NOSaintsConcept2.gif

C+C as usual.

• 2 months later...
elliot, why did you stop at 17? I just found this and i would really like to see the rest if that is possible.

I'm really not done. I plenty of concepts in a folder on my desktop. I was just waiting to start it up again.

• 3 months later...

Starting it back up. Or at least attempting to. I got very few comments in my last couple concepts and I got bored of this thread, but I am looking forward to putting out a few concepts in the coming days/weeks.

Concept 18: Atlanta Falcons

Here is the concept for my hometown team. I tried to simplify the arms, but still distance it from the current ones in overall style, getting rid of piping. The pants can be used interchangably. So an all black is possible, although I wouldn't necessarily want it.

You will notice that I have brought out a new template, so feel freee to comment about that if you wish.

Thanks for all comments.

AtlantaFalconsConcept2008.gif

Coming up...Seahawks.

That's a phenomenal Falcons design. Maybe it's because it's similar to something I had in my head and have always lacked the ability to create or maybe because it's a lot better than it was in my head....but that's a great design.

For Cleveland, I'll preface by saying I'm a Browns fan. The overall layout could work, but I'm thinking a team with a different color scheme (Titans and Texans are the first that come to mind) would look even better.

That's an amazing Chargers design as well.

Archived