elliott Redesigns the NFL

elliott

Font is Abadi MT Bold.

Concept 13...St Louis Rams

Well I like the colors they have, but I wanted to do something to bring back the ram on the shoulder thing. I like the arm horn on the blue better because the white accents show up, but the gold accents don't really show up on the white jersey. And I don't want to make the sleeve blue on the white jersey, well, because the pattern would end up being like a Falcons concept I already made. So enough talk, C+C is appreciated.

RamsConcept2.gif

Edit: Oh yeah, and the Gold helmet is new!

Beautimous! Much better than what they have now.

And kudos trying the gold helmet. I like the blue better, but I appreciate the creativity!

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I hate it, I don't think we will ever see the horns on the sleeves again. It's a very nice try, but the way the bottom of the horn is cut off by the sleeve just goes to show you that the horns will never work again. The gold helmet just doesn't work either.

Personally I would love to see the Rams go back to the yellow/athletic gold, but keep the navy (or possibly lighten it up), but I know that will never happen either. The Rams just haven't been the same to me since they brought in the vegas gold. Their current look just seems to dark and drab to me.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

The uniforms are nice and I like how you put the horns on the sleeves. Brings back memories of the uniforms that I thought were better. While I like what you have done with the helmet and its creativity, I have to say that I prefer the current to this. On a side note, since you did make the helmet gold and the ram's horns blue, I feel that you should recolor the primary logo (and to a lesser extent the alternate, though in my opinion it can be left in its current color scheme because it is not a ram, but rather an 'R') to accommodate this because it looks awkward to have the ram logo with different colored horns than those on the helmet.

Personally I would love to see the Rams go back to the yellow/athletic gold, but keep the navy (or possibly lighten it up), but I know that will never happen either. The Rams just haven't been the same to me since they brought in the vegas gold. Their current look just seems to dark and drab to me.

The Vegas gold is nice I guess, but it just doesn't have that POP that the athletic gold had.

And don't get me started on how the Rams changed to a color that is instantly recognizable as a 49ers color....Hopefully they come to their senses now that Georgia has passed.

Elliott - I've never been a fan of the horn sleeve stripes. But I like the era in uniforms that they represent. So, I'd gladly take the horns if the Rams would bring back the yellow. I do like the pant stripes that you used in this concept, but the helmet needs to have the blue as the primary color with yellow/gold horns.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

I've often wondered what the talented folks could come up with in terms of a Royal Blue/Vegas Gold combination. That's something that could be considered fairly unique in any league, much less the NFL. I know that Tulsa has one such combo.

Maybe a gold more similar to the old Saints gold, and not the standard Vegas Gold.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

Thank for the comments on the Rams.

Concept 14...Jacksonville Jaguars

The one thing I hate about the current Jaguars set is the black numbers on the roads. I find it to be very boring, especially when paired with black pants. For my concept I got rid of this, and put gold numbers on the teal jerseys, not to mention teal helmets.

C+C appreciated.

JaguarsConcept3.gif

I haven't decided who I'm doing next.

I think those Jaguars sets are REALLY good. I especially like the gold numbers, they look excellent on the home ones. The wordmark could use a little work though, kind of plain. Great job. I'd like to see the Lions next, or maybe the Niners.

I really like what you've done with the Jags. You took a team with modern colors and gave them classic striping. It really works. My only complaints would be that I think it would look better if you left the helmet black. Also, it looks like you half-assed the wordmark and it really takes away from the concept as a whole.

Okay, I made a good wordmark this time (I think). And black alternates, yes it has the option of all black, but I think it would look good with gold numerals and striping.

JaguarsConcept4.gif

I really like these, especially the 'flower power' wordmark. The only change I'd make is a return to the black helmet. If you don't want to do that, I'd suggest a white one with stripes that match the white pants.

Very good job, all in all. B)

Sigs are for sissies.

Concept 15...Cleveland Browns

This is probably the most "controversial" design I have yet to unveil, and while I realize that it is doubtful that the Brown will ever do anything this modern, I wouldn't mind if it was something like this.

ClevelandBrowns.gif

Next: Steelers

This is probably the most "controversial" design I have yet to unveil, and while I realize that it is doubtful that the Brown will ever do anything this modern, I wouldn't mind if it was something like this.

ClevelandBrowns.gif

Son, you messin' with the WRONG team here. We're gonna have Jim Brown and Bobby Mitchell pay you a visit to enlighten you on how the Browns uniforms should look. Read my lips- THE BROWNS DON'T NEED A CRAP-A** "MODERNIZATION" OF THE MOST CLASSIC UNIFORM IN FOOTBALL! Why don't you go mess with the Yankees or the Detroit Red Wings or the Montreal Canadiens. Those old fogie teams also need "modernization."

ClevelandBrowns.gif

Son, you messin' with the WRONG team here. We're gonna have Jim Brown and Bobby Mitchell pay you a visit to enlighten you on how the Browns uniforms should look. Read my lips- THE BROWNS DON'T NEED A CRAP-A** "MODERNIZATION" OF THE MOST CLASSIC UNIFORM IN FOOTBALL! Why don't you go mess with the Yankees or the Detroit Red Wings or the Montreal Canadiens. Those old fogie teams also need "modernization."

Yes, I realize I am messing with the wrong team, but that is kind of why I did it. Its a redesign project. When I barely changed anything on my Canadiens concept for my redesigning the nhl thread, I was I told I should go out on a limb. So I did. I guess I just can't win with the classic teams. But I'm not gonna just skip them.

ClevelandBrowns.gif

**DISCLAIMER: this is being said under the assumption that you weren't being sarcastic--which I see no evidence of.**

Look here, folk--I think it's a fairly foregone conclusion that the Cleveland Browns ain't neva gon' change NOTHIN' bout how they look. We all know that. Young'n even alluded to such in his prelude to his post. That said...I (and possibly others around here) might still be a good bit interested in seeing what other possible alternatives some people may come up with, if for no other reason than just to see something "different". No need to lay into the young cat for "messing with the wrong team". There's no rules written in stone that absolutely prohibit anyone from toying with the identity of any certain club, no mattern how "classic" or "untouchable" people may deem certain identities to be. I mean, after all, that is why this forum is titled "CONCEPTS"--ideas, in other words...what one sees through his/her mind's eye. And they don't always have to be status quo. So give the cat some slack, will ya? Let his creative juices flow. And if the concept doesn't suit your liking, there's more tactful ways of letting him know so (that goes for others who respond in similar fashions such as the quoted post above). It's called CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM...and tact (for those not in the know, a synonym for "class".)

All that said...

Elliott...I've been looking through all your posts, and some of them actually don't look half-bad (I actually rather liked the Giants one you did--probably more so than any of the others). But it also seems, somewhat, as if you're "rushing through these a lil' bit too fast", instead of coming up with something a little more unique and/or distinctive. And it's mainly in the striping jobs--too many of them seem to be of the "color by number" variety. Now understand I ain't bashing on you or nothing like that; I'm just saying, for the decent drafts you've come up with (and several of them are), methinks they all would benefit from just a touch more originality and distinctiveness amongst them all.

Having said all that...I just don't really think the "futuristic" trim job on this uniform really fits the "lunchpail" image of the Browns...although certain elements could work. Glance at the sleeves, for example. Different-colored sleeves, trimmed the way they are, might actually work (at least on the white jerseys, anyway). But the Atlanta Falcons-esque taper/piping trim doesn't really seem to fit here--nor would it really mesh well with the striping on the helmet. (Maybe that's just due to a serious pet peeve I have of helmet striping and uniform striping not really matching on certain uniforms--and the Tennessee Titans are a PRIME example of that for me.)

But keep working at it, young dog--the more you do, the better you'll get. Believe that!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived