elliott Redesigns the NFL

elliott

Not a big fan of the Seahawks one. It looks a lot like the Lions. I think the Green should be included because it sets their current uni off from anyone elses. The other template you used was nicer as well. Overall though, it isn't bad. Nice work.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok guys, I have thought about the template. But, I have decided to use the new template. My reasoning:

-Well, I like the "layed flat" perspective given by the template. I pretty much use this perspective on all of my stuff, and I like it here, too.

-This is Matt Millone's template. It really isn't mine. I wanted to create something that I could call my own (and I happen to be quite happy with the result).

-I've decided that I don't like the perspective given by the old template. It only shows one sleeve and the right shoulder makes it hard to put stuff there. I like the balanced look of the new one.

-I am the designer here and I want to use a new template!

So, I will continue. You can still comment on it of course and express you feelings. But it will most likely stay the same.

Without further adue:

Concept 20: Dallas Cowboys

Playing with the star motif here. I wanted to make the home template = the road template, finally. The alternate is more throwback, and intended to be worn with the white pants.

CowboysConcept2008.gif

Comments on previous concepts still welcome!

Next: probably Dolphins.

Ah. I give you all the credit in the world for doing a Cowboys concept and keeping the slate/green-silver color instead of selling out and using plain old silver. That being said, I'm not a fan of this concept otherwise. I can certainly appreciate what you're doing with the alternate, but I don't understand the striping on the sleeves of the home and away (is it a big stripe? or a new little section of the jersey under the star?). Also, I feel that the silver (for lack of a shorter term) names on the blue may be a little hard to read. And I would keep the facemask grey.

And what's up with the pants and helmet facemask in this new template? (Other than that, I feel this template is far superior to the old one. The old one made stripes look weird.

Concept 21 - Miami Dolphins

Ok, I did change the helmet on the template, for those that didn't like the old one.

For the Dolphins, I went with something modern. Yes, there is piping. But, because the piping actually adds to the design, I consider is good piping. The alt is pretty basic.

C+C for this concept, and the Cowboys, would be great. Thanks!!

MiamiDolphinsConcept2008-2.gif

Next: Maybe Bears, maybe Chiefs.

For the Cowboys, I think the stripe on the sleeve is too big.

I like the Dolphins one. Two things, I agree that white numbers would look better on the orange jersey and I don't like the horizontal pants striping that much.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Buhler?

As in Darryl Buhler?

Ya know, if you're gonna post something, you might as well comment on the concepts. ^_^

Yeah, you're right.

I agree with another poster that the numbers on the Orange Dolphins jersey should be white.

Also I think the piping on the back should match the front of the jersey, as in it should be a horizontal line that goes across the jersey in stead of going up to the collar.

Updated Dolphins Alt:

DolphinsAlt.gif

Concept 22: Chicago Bears

Well, I'll continue the series, although people don't seem to be interested anymore.

For the Bears, I wanted to bring some continuity in the striping. That's about it, besides a new color scheme on the "C". Block numbers, too.

ChicagoBearsConcept2008-2.gif

Next, Chiefs.

I don't agree with the block numbers the numbers they have now are classic.

Thats one of my problems as well. Also, the Blue pants seem to match the Blue jersey while the White pants match the White jersey. They are a team that likes to wear White over Blue and Blue over White. I wonder if there is a way for you to make those sets work better together. If not, these still look good. I am interested to see what you do with the Chiefs.

Ok, I did change the helmet on the template, for those that didn't like the old one.

For the Dolphins, I went with something modern. Yes, there is piping. But, because the piping actually adds to the design, I consider is good piping. The alt is pretty basic.

You're missing TV numbers on the home & away jerseys....

i think that a logo on the back of the neck would look really good on these jerseys

You're missing TV numbers on the home & away jerseys....

It's not like every team needs TV numbers.

Archived