Rebranding the NHL: New Jersey Devils

GFB

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel the need to clearify something about the alternate jersey. It may be hard to see (being on a 2D template and all) but the black jersey is supposed to have two "devil horns" coming up out of the armpit. (Think Denver Broncos/Buffalo Sabres (goat-head era)/New Puma soccer kits.)

I basically just sit and wait for GFB threads and Davidson threads nowadays...love the work, even better that both of you are thanked in this one project.

Now i'll patienty wait (man, i'm impatient too to see the other designs you have up your sleeve).

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

• 2 weeks later...

ghettofarmboy,

These are extremely good - very good concepts. I love the Devil logo and the fact you updated the NJ and kept the Orginality of it.

Wonderful work - 10/10 for you my man!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

i enjoy seeing that you put alot of effort into this but it's been said through-out the topic: it looks like the beast. The team wasn't named after or designed to resemble a devil or satan. It's the jersey devil, and i know it may be confusing to notice that but I love your secondary logo except for the top or the "J"... It looks too much like a heart or rounded from the hartford whalers tail.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

That Devils logo is very nice. But like mentioned earlier, it should be looking to its left (of course to be politically and religiously correct).

Why does it have to look left? I think I missed something here.

Because to the left is Hell and the right is Heaven (it's a Christian thing).

This is really good. The main logo is amazing...just not for the NJ Devils. All I would have done with the devils is maybe add an alt logo or something but IMO the current devils logo will stand the test of time and become one of the most ionic sports logos in history (ie Habs, Yankees, Red Wings, Red Sox ect...well maybe not at that level but its not far behind)

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

That Devils logo is very nice. But like mentioned earlier, it should be looking to its left (of course to be politically and religiously correct).

Why does it have to look left? I think I missed something here.

Because to the left is Hell and the right is Heaven (it's a Christian thing).

Aw crap, I'm left handed...

:P

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

This whole thing is great, but it'd be perfect if you switched the secondary logo with the primary. The main logo would be much better off for say the Lowell Devils, or used as a shoulder patch. The 'NJ' is classic and shouldn't be changed, but your modernization is perfect! I'd love to see some maroon in the jerseys since it's in the logo. But my favourite thing in your whole concept is your alt jersey. I love the devil horns, and the 'NJ' on there looks great.

Pretty much change the 2ndary with the main and that's a perfect NJ Devils concept right there!

Can't wait for your next concept!

espnsignq8.png

Ghetto Farm Boy,

first off i like your rebrand of the devils logo much better than the NJ logo that New Jersey uses. And about your next team could you start putting the next team back into the rebrands? ex. In the Devils Rebrand post could you put coming next the Avalanche. That brings me to who are you doing next please do the Colorado Avalanche. And if after this whole rebrand series witch i know will be a ways away but after if you could rebrand the past NHL like the Jets,Nordiques,Whalers,ect. It would be fun to see what you can do with those teams.

,CA

smythdp1.jpgtruro.gif

• 2 weeks later...

First off, I love your work, I think they're fantastic and my favourite by far is your Bruins' bear logo and the Atlanta jerseys.

Couple points:

1. The primary logo does remind me of Beauty and the Beast, as other posters have pointed it out. I know where you're coming from and the origins of the team name, but when I think New Jersey Devils, I think New Jersey 'DEVILS' and not New 'JERSEY DEVILS'. I always connected the team name more with the Biblical devil rather than the creature from the marshes.

2. I like the update on the logo they have now, but the white shadow/outline on the top part of the logo, where the two horns are, looks awkward to me. The other two white outlines, on the 'N' and the bottom arrow, work because they look like shadows. With the top white outline it really just looks like one red horn is smaller than the other - if you catch my drift.

3. Love the wordmark - it's your best by far. It's simple yet effective.

duck_sig.jpg

Hey I've loved every logo design you've done so far. With me being a fellow logo designer I must know what program you use to make those designs. Because all I have on my computer is PowerPoint and Paint, and quite frankly my designs don't look too hot in those programs...

• 2 months later...

Archived