Dolphins Future/Retro

fishheatcats

My only problems are that the sun in the logo seems too round in shape, and the wordmark is not working for me at all. The uniforms and the dolphin look great though. Nice job on this!

The sun is too round?

Would you prefer it to be an oblong sun?

I meant all the little lines coming off of it gives it a round shape. I would prefer the little lines off.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Very, very nice.

Seems so simple in retrospect - why can't the team do something like this?

I love the wordmark, though I'm sure the team would say it's too plain and boring. But to my eye it's clean and clear, readable at any size yet just distinctive enough to belong to the team.

I think this package looks awesome....I never have liked the use of navy in their uniforms...I used to like watching the Dolphins back in the day when they wore the aqua jerseys...I loved those shirts...

In my opinion, I wouldn't change a thing here...Looks great to me...

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

These look stellar. Excellent work. I love how you executed the main logo, keeping the old complicated sunburst pattern while still modernizing the dolphin enough.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The only thing I would change is to move the Dolphin head inside the sun (like the one shown below), to match what they wore during their glory days of the early '70s...

inthesun.jpgWarfield.jpg

They used that logo officially from '66 to either '70 or '71, I don't remember for sure, but the funny thing is for a few years after they changed it half of the players had that logo on their helmets, and the other half had the one where the dolphin is all the way across the sun that they used up until '96. I've always thought the old one with the dolphin half through the jump looked funny, but the more symmetrical version was perfect. I might work up an orange alternate since this post was brought back for some reason, stay tuned.

That "Insert Next Coach" image in your sig is CLASSIC.

Hilarious.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

They used that logo officially from '66 to either '70 or '71, I don't remember for sure, but the funny thing is for a few years after they changed it half of the players had that logo on their helmets, and the other half had the one where the dolphin is all the way across the sun that they used up until '96. I've always thought the old one with the dolphin half through the jump looked funny, but the more symmetrical version was perfect. I might work up an orange alternate since this post was brought back for some reason, stay tuned.

The "in the sun" logo was used in 1966, and again from 1969 thru 1973 (when they won their second Super Bowl)...near the end of the '73 season, some players started wearing the "across the sun" version, and continued to thru the playoffs and Super Bowl 8. This was the ONLY period in which both logos were worn at the same time. In 1974 they switched permanently to the "across the sun" version...

2logos.jpg

The one with the Dolphin "in the sun" has always been the right one to me, and represents their perfect season and glory years...

eugene_player.gif

The "in the sun" logo was used in 1966, and again from 1969 thru 1973 (when they won their second Super Bowl)...near the end of the '73 season, some players started wearing the "across the sun" version, and continued to thru the playoffs and Super Bowl 8. This was the ONLY period in which both logos were worn at the same time. In 1974 they switched permanently to the "across the sun" version...

2logos.jpg

The one with the Dolphin "in the sun" has always been the right one to me, and represents their perfect season and glory years...

eugene_player.gif

Nice photo evidence there, good stuff. I knew I wasn't right on some of the details but I remember hearing that story. I can't tell who the #58 is in that picture, and if it's '73 I know it's not him, but an interesting personal story: my family bought our house from Kim Bokamper, who was at that point retired in '88. Csonka used to own the house across the street from us in the '70s. There's two big royal palms in my front yard with KB and LC and a bunch of other initials carved into them, apparently a bunch of the gang used to hang out here. I always catch myself seeing Bo on the local sports coverage and having to remind myself "that guy used to live here" it's funny. FYI, no, they didn't have houses as nice as pro athletes today do lol.

• 1 month later...

sorry for bumping this but i saw this logo on FinHeaven and never knew who made it! and i got to say i hate you for it! the reason is i love this logo so much i wish miami changes to it, and i know thats not going to happen, you did a hell of a job on this! Wish i never saw it, its that good imo! i wish miami updates their logo and do what you did, Old School meets new school!

• 2 months later...

I like all of these designs, but I would like to see the orange jersey with the aqua pants together. I think that would look great. I like how the striping gives the uniform a 'old-school' design and the logo is a work of art.

Archived