Toronto Blue Jays - "Back in Black"

McCall

I've been working on Blue Jays concepts for awhile, without really making one that I really though would work. After the unveiling of the new Roads, I decided to go off of it, since it was such an improvement over the previous. I made royal blue the primary color again, and brought in navy as an accent/trim color. Instead of doing the beveling that is actually on the lettering and numerals, I instead used a "inner highlighting" effect that I came up with. (not inner-highlighting in general, just the way I did this particular one). I also did a modern retro powder blue, though if this were the real thing, they would probably just use the actual retros that were recently (re)introduced. I couldn't come up with a satisfying hat logo, so I just used the new blue jay head only. If I can come up with something better, I'll edit and replace it. Here we go:

Home/Aways/Alternate (which says 'Blue Jays' for now, but if a better hat logo is created, it would probably go on the left chest and replace the wordmark)

Blue-Jays-Main-Uniforms.png

The 'Modern Retro' Powder Blues - with normal home white pants and special powder blue pants

Blue-Jays-Powder-Blues.png

And a close up of the wordmarks and numerals

Blue-Jays-Wordmarks.png

There you have it. Any critiques, pointers, praises, or harsh blasts are welcome. I'm really shakey right now so I gotta go eat something. Thanks.

Very Nice. I like this a lot. Great job. No flaws here.

I've never liked the logo with no J (As seen in other concepts) because it looks incomplete. But It makes sense here. So I can let it go haha.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

My only gripe is that it's hard to see the blue cap logo on the blue cap. Everything else looks great! Love the alt. Is it just me or does the road grays have a hint of blue in there? Hopefully we'll see something like this come around soon with the new roads. Nice job.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

My only gripe is that it's hard to see the blue cap logo on the blue cap. Everything else looks great! Love the alt. Is it just me or does the road grays have a hint of blue in there? Hopefully we'll see something like this come around soon with the new roads. Nice job.

Yeah, like I said, I haven't come up with a hat logo I really like, so for now I just used the current blue jay head without the 'J'. Once I do come up with something, I'll probably edit these.

And yes, the gray does have a blueish hue. Great eye for noticing that. I took a block colored in the gray usually used for road uniforms, put it next to a block with the powder blue, and made a third one and altered the coloring, comparing it to the other 2, until I came up with a mostly gray (cuz I'm not particularly wanting the powder blues to make a full comeback), but with a blue hue to kind of envoke the old craze without having to make it actually powder blue.

(Although with the wordmark close-ups, I can't really tell if I remembered to switch out the regular gray with the blueish gray or not. I'll have to check, and maybe fix that.)

this has to be one of the best jays concepts i've ever seen. i don't normally say "wow" when i open a thread on these boards, but this one made me (and now the people around me are confused..)

The colors, the styles, the simple jay head logo on the cap.. the way it should be. this concept is very well executed, and even as a die-hard red sox fan, i'd have to say that i absolutely love it. great work!

TDZiMMB.png

Like the major use of Blue, but the uni is pretty dull. Maybe add dark blue.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Very nice.

The jay head does get lost on the blue hat.

Could you do a hat with a light blue front panel?

Could you do one hat with a T instead of the bird.

Solid work.

By the only criteria that matters - What you created looks better than what they have now.

Everyone loves a roundel.

Love the concept, but I think the jay logo needs to be fixed. I like that you dropped the J from it, but now it looks flat and boring on the back. Try making the comb sweep back more and flow better, kinda like the original and the update logos did. Other than that I think it looks great! Love that the blue is back in Blue Jays!!

Archived