Guess what's back? Back again?

Top Shelf

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not necessariyl calling him a candidate, but keep your eyes open for LeSean McCoy of Pittsburgh.

Not exactly a surprise....boosts jersey sales, and going to only two was a one-year thing anyway so Reebok would have "time" to focus on designing the primaries.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm not necessariyl calling him a candidate, but keep your eyes open for LeSean McCoy of Pittsburgh.

Not exactly a surprise....boosts jersey sales, and going to only two was a one-year thing anyway so Reebok would have "time" to focus on designing the primaries.

All that time worked wonders for the NHL and RBK...

Now is the time where Sabres fans can make the push to make the vintage jersey the primary jersey for the team again and demote the angry yellow penis to the alternative third.

Now is the time where Sabres fans can make the push to make the vintage jersey the primary jersey for the team again and demote the angry yellow penis to the alternative third.

LOL! :D

People still hate that thing????

You say it like that logo is easy to like!

It's deeper than that for me...I hate it aesthetically...and that Larry Quinn smugly shoved it down the fans throats.

Granted the jersey was number one in the NHL last season because the Sabres played so well, but do you see the NHL sucking off the Sabres and their jersey sales this year in the NHL Shop sales reports? Midpack sellers at very best.

Maybe fans can swap out the front panels of their Edge jersey this year to the non-play dry fabric.

There is one thing that you probably agree with me. I would love to see a modenized crossed-swords logo, professionally designed. I wanted to see one last year and I still do. The idea I noticed about myself was that I stopped focusing about it's negative aspects at the same time the masses stopped dreading over it. But I don't live in Buffalo, so I could understand how some of y'all still feel.

There is one thing that you probably agree with me. I would love to see a modenized crossed-swords logo, professionally designed. I wanted to see one last year and I still do. The idea I noticed about myself was that I stopped focusing about it's negative aspects at the same time the masses stopped dreading over it. But I don't live in Buffalo, so I could understand how some of y'all still feel.

The thing represented a ridiculous marketing swerve where Larry Quinn in the end felt this sense of vindication and claimed all the hatred of the logo was actually passion. It was tons of ridiuclous spin, placating fans with 15 games of the vintage jersey, and all out avoidance of any other logo/uniform issues after that hoping it would go away. If the Sabres didn't start 10-0 last season, this would be Gorton's Fishsticks part two.

I'm hoping that the Sabres and the fans who really like the vintage jersey will take action and demand that jersey set becomes the primary logo and identity of the team again.

The complacency of a lot of Sabres fans having their team mocked as slugs and hair pieces is quite upsetting.

how many teams do you think will go back to their old third design applied to the new jerseys?

i hope one of them is the avs. colorado i believe had the best third jersey in the nhl- simple traditional design with COLORADO down the front in a slant with a collar tie with a base on the main color. the avs had the best designed unis anyway, but i think i'm just a biased avs fan.

with the thirds can we also finally get the panthers back to using RED and philly back to using ORANGE as their primary colors on their unis please?

If they stay away from the "Dallas Uterus" designs, most of the thirds looked very good.

Even Columbus went to their 3rd is now their regular jersey. Boston had a great 3rd as did others.

I think most teams will learn from the Dallas disaster and promote a good jersey for their fans.

IMO - I am looking forward to the 3rds. I guess my opinion doesn't matter, but, what the hey.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived