Guess what's back? Back again?

Top Shelf

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm holding out for a return of the Calgary Flames black alts sans the fire-horse, the Habs alts, and as for the Oilers, I hope they have a throwback alt that resembles the Gretzky-era colours and design.

EXACTLY. I'd much rather see a Gretzky-era Oiler jersey as the third instead of robo-drip.

I'm hoping for a return of these babies.

p576891reg.jpg

Not the McFarlane robo-drop! That thing can rot.

Well...it was voted the best NHL Alternate logo in the NHLToL website.

NHLToL site

And Britney Spears sold millions of records, "According to Jim" has been on the air for years now, and buffaslug is selling in droves. In other words, the vox populi ain't usually the voice of reason, nor intelligence.

I'm hoping for a return of these babies.

p576891reg.jpg

Not the McFarlane robo-drop! That thing can rot.

Well...it was voted the best NHL Alternate logo on the NHL Tournament of logos website

And Rory Fitzpatrick would have been an all star if the NHL didn't rig the voting. Online votes don't necessarily determine the best of anything.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Heres a mock up I found on google of an orange version of the flyers current.

orangeflyersedge.jpg

I'd like the old orange (The one they used until 2000) to come back, but thats not too bad looking either, only thing I would to is add a black stripe to the very bottom like the old orange. I just hope theyd ont do some stupid design that doesnt look right, like their orange alt from last year.

All that time worked wonders for the NHL and RBK...

Now is the time where Sabres fans can make the push to make the vintage jersey the primary jersey for the team again and demote the angry yellow penis to the alternative third.

You're assuming Larry Quinn is true to his word and a recolored original jersey will be back as an alternate jersey. I predict a yellow jersey with the slugs on the shoulders and the b-sabre as a crest.

Since the Wild have already made their old alts into their new home primaries, I wonder whether they'll bring back the old all-greens as their "new" alt or come up with something entirely new. Personally I'd like it to be a green version of their old alts/new homes.

CCSLC signature.png

how many teams do you think will go back to their old third design applied to the new jerseys?

i hope one of them is the avs. colorado i believe had the best third jersey in the nhl- simple traditional design with COLORADO down the front in a slant with a collar tie with a base on the main color. the avs had the best designed unis anyway, but i think i'm just a biased avs fan.

with the thirds can we also finally get the panthers back to using RED and philly back to using ORANGE as their primary colors on their unis please?

Are you kidding me? That alt was horrible, so plain and boring for a team that had been in Colorado for less than 10 years at the time and they bring in a 'retro' jersey, NO NO NO!

They USED to have the best jerseys in the league, until Reebok took over and destroyed them. Awful, if you ask me.

I have no idea what they'd do for the Avs, but I hope to God it isn't a re-hash of the previous alt.

Monica01.png

I'd like the old orange (The one they used until 2000) to come back... I just hope theyd ont do some stupid design that doesnt look right, like their orange alt from last year.

I think that echos the thoughts of most Flyers fans (or at least it should). Make the orange the main jersey and if we HAVE to have a third make it the black one. That orange thing with the anniversary beveled logo was a monstrosity.

JerseyDatabase.com - I'm that guy...

Now is the time where Sabres fans can make the push to make the vintage jersey the primary jersey for the team again and demote the angry yellow penis to the alternative third.

You're assuming Larry Quinn is true to his word and a recolored original jersey will be back as an alternate jersey. I predict a yellow jersey with the slugs on the shoulders and the b-sabre as a crest.

I would have a joygasm if that would happen.

philly.png

the slug is here to stay until 2016 or so. its not going anywhere. their merch sales are way to high to justify them being changed again.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I'd like the old orange (The one they used until 2000) to come back... I just hope theyd ont do some stupid design that doesnt look right, like their orange alt from last year.

I think that echos the thoughts of most Flyers fans (or at least it should). Make the orange the main jersey and if we HAVE to have a third make it the black one. That orange thing with the anniversary beveled logo was a monstrosity.

Yea my thoughts exactly, the black should be the 3rd jersey, the stupidest move they did was not only make the black jersey the main road/home jersey but eliminated the old orange jersey, and then a few years bring out an orange 3rd jersey that looked stupid, I think if the flyers have 3 jerseys they all should have the same design.

Are you kidding me? That alt was horrible, so plain and boring for a team that had been in Colorado for less than 10 years at the time and they bring in a 'retro' jersey, NO NO NO!

They USED to have the best jerseys in the league, until Reebok took over and destroyed them. Awful, if you ask me.

Team's choice - they could have kept the mountains, but decided to go with a pedestrian stripe pattern....

Archived