San Francisco FC

Krona

I like the logo. Good Work. The logo really says San Francisco.

The only change I might consider, I think I might alter the colors so it wasn't just the 49ers pallet. I'd keep the Gold but replace the Red with Golden Gate Bridge Orange.

I might also add a secondary logo of Golden Gate Bridge. Nothing too complicated-

Cisco Systems Logo

Golden Gate Logo

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

There's too much red in the MLS as there is, so I would agree in getting rid of the red for another color. I like the logo, it is rendered well, but I dunno what to make of those things on the bottom. Here's what I would try:

I would get rid of the things on the bottom, then move the box car to the bottom. Find a suitable replacement for the red. Finally, I would add the golden gate bridge to the top of the crest, making it the top border of the shield.

Right now it looks good, but I think this could look great.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I can understand the color choice, given that those are the colors on most san francisco trolleys, but some of them are green - maybe switch the red for a dark green? I also agree getting rid of the things at the bottom, they're just clutter and aren't really recognizable as anything. Don't use the bridge - sure it's iconic for san francisco, but it's so friggin' cliché. I suggest using the trans america pyramid in the background, and put the trolley coming over a hill to reference lombard street.

OD_Signature.jpg

I like this ? I really, really do. The only nitpicks I have are the "sound lines" on the bell and the soccer ball on the front. The soundline are probably unnecessary and a little detail that probably wouldn't be reproduced very well. In this case, I think it's addition by subtraction.

As for the soccer ball, it needs some work. Traditionally, the black bits are pentagons, and as such, there would only be five of them around the outside of the ball. As well, I don't think it needs the shadows/highlights either. Again, something that would not reproduce well.

yeah the soccer ball is definitely off - but the logo as a whole is incredible. there should be a central black pentagon and the exterior pentagons (5) should all point towards a point on the central pentagon (if that makes any sense).

plmiddlesbrough.pngncaancarolina.pngligue1lyon-1.png

Could somebody please find Ja Rule so I can make sense of all this?!?! Help me Ja!!!

There's too much red in the MLS as there is, so I would agree in getting rid of the red for another color. I like the logo, it is rendered well, but I dunno what to make of those things on the bottom. Here's what I would try:

I would get rid of the things on the bottom, then move the box car to the bottom. Find a suitable replacement for the red. Finally, I would add the golden gate bridge to the top of the crest, making it the top border of the shield.

Right now it looks good, but I think this could look great.

Box Car? It is a cable car!

As for the concept...I think the "balls" on the cable car are kinda strange. I know you were going for some 1850's era French curves, but it just looks like you are giving the cable car a set of big brass ones. The bell sounding lines are not needed, and for some reason my eye's are drawn to the 2 cross shapes too.

But it is an excellent start! :D

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

The soccer ball on front is located where the headlight would be. i couldnt resist slapping right in the round shape. the ornate bits on the bottom seem to be a bit much after sleeping on it, and i have a nice idea to replace them. i'll get on that. i wasnt going for the 49ers colors. the red is a bit deeper(uncommon in the MLS) and it is a direct reflection of the recognizable cable car colors.

i think the problem with the ball is that its the classic 70s style, which doesnt fit with the rest of the logo.

how about the old style ball as seen on the new tottenham logo?

pffo83fkobgtgnumkf6a.gif

It makes sense for Tottenham and other English clubs, but for any American clubs it won't because none of them were around in the era.

Besides, if you use an older ball I much prefer the volleyball style one, like in Croatia's crest.

Like so:

US_Logo3.png

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

i think the problem with the ball is that its the classic 70s style, which doesnt fit with the rest of the logo.

how about the old style ball as seen on the new tottenham logo?

pffo83fkobgtgnumkf6a.gif

It makes sense for Tottenham and other English clubs, but for any American clubs it won't because none of them were around in the era.

Besides, if you use an older ball I much prefer the volleyball style one, like in Croatia's crest.

Like so:

US_Logo3.png

I think Croatia stole that from someone. Can't really put my finger on whom right now. It does look awfully familiar though.

I like it, only one thing I could think of changing was maybe making the sheild in the background a little smaller. Other than that I like. I also think the color scheme looks good. I know there is a lot or red in the mls bust just because red is a primary colour on the crest dosn't mean it has to be the primary jersey colour. I think the kit would look good as primarly being gold with the brick colour accents.

If you do change the colours I would go with black and orange and play off the giants.

I know Man U, Chelsea, and Birmingham all have similiar volleyball style balls on their crests.

So do Barcelona and I think Reading, probably a bunch of other teams, too.

As for the concept, great start. I liked the idea of replacing the red with a dark green...MLS needs some green/no more red.

And like others have said, smaller shield, lose the brass balls.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

I think 98% of this is fantastic. I wanted to echo the comments on the sound lines coming from the bell, a little unnecessary and would be hard to reproduce.

As far as the discussion on the ball goes, I think the Tottenham ball is superior but Americans don't know that it is a soccer ball. I think the same logic can be applied to the volleyball design as well. Most people (myself included) look at that an think 'volleyball'. Imagine how silly the Pacers logo would be if it had baseball lines in the ball design instead of basketball lines. If the MLS is gearing towards the American audience, use the pentagram ball that we all look at and think 'soccer'. However, yours needs a little work, maybe look at the Houston Dynamo logo for some inspiration.

Also, I like the flair stuff on the bottom, it helps create a crest-like feel for the logo which is great for soccer logos. However, the color of it brings more attention to it than necessary. The focus should be the cable car, with the flair-stuff as a supplement.

Archived