BCS Championship Game

infrared41

Welcome to your One-Stop shop for Predictions, Buckeye Bashing, SEC worship, USC pimping, in-game arguing, post game analysis, etc.

We're a little over 48 hours from kick-off so I figured now is as good a time as any to get a thread started.

Let's play nice. Have fun and GO BUCKS!

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My parents will be in the very last row of one of the endzones, but Ohio State is 3-0 when my mother is in attendance at the bowl game. 97 Rose Bowl, 03 Fiesta Bowl, 05 Alamo Bowl.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Being a Hurricane fan and going to Youngstown State at the time, it is in my blood, for the rest of my life, to wish nothing but misery to come to the Buckeyes. I just don't think that the bucks play a tough enough schedule to warrant a championship birth. That's just my .02 so for the record...Geaux Tigers!!?!?! I don't want to turn this into a dispute about the way the Canes were jobbed or how it's not OSU's fault they are in it etc. I'm just saying that for me, they are one team I hate...that and living in PA makes it impossible for me to wish good things on an OH product.

KISSwall09.jpg

Being a Hurricane fan and going to Youngstown State at the time, it is in my blood, for the rest of my life, to wish nothing but misery to come to the Buckeyes. I just don't think that the bucks play a tough enough schedule to warrant a championship birth. That's just my .02 so for the record...Geaux Tigers!!?!?! I don't want to turn this into a dispute about the way the Canes were jobbed or how it's not OSU's fault they are in it etc. I'm just saying that for me, they are one team I hate...that and living in PA makes it impossible for me to wish good things on an OH product.

Thanks for your support. :D

BB52Big.jpg

I know what you're talking about and it probably won't cause you to think any different but it was a holding call, not a pass interference call.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I know what you're talking about and it probably won't cause you to think any different but it was a holding call, not a pass interference call.

I don't want to debate it. I've moved on now (finally) :P We have bigger things to be worrying about in Coral Gables. I just want the thread to be for you Bucks and Tigers fans. I was just stating my reasoning on why I'd be a Tiger fan for a day. My fiance and her family are die-hard Bucks fans along with a bunch of my friends so I'm having a tough enough time. :cry:

KISSwall09.jpg

I brought this up in the college football thread and I'll ask again, why is it Ohio State with a 3-1 record (including a National Championship) in their last 4 BCS Bowls is a punchline while Oklahoma, despite going 0-4 (with a losses to The WAC and Big East) in their last 4 BCS bowls, is a media darling? Apparently I'm not the only one who has noticed.

From SI.com

There are no official records to support this contention, but it's entirely possible no team in the history of college football has ever endured as much backlash over the result of one lopsided loss as the Buckeyes have in the 12 months since their 41-14 defeat to Florida in last year's national championship game.

Oklahoma lost 55-19 to USC in 2005 and somehow managed to survive with its reputation in tact. Florida's 62-24 loss to Nebraska in the 1996 Fiesta Bowl did little to dampen the aura surrounding Steve Spurrier and the Gators during their subsequent title run the next season.

Yet despite winning all three of its previous BCS appearances under Jim Tressel (including the 2002 national championship over Miami), despite winning 30 of their past 32 games, last year's Debacle in the Desert somehow became a public referendum against not only Ohio State but its entire conference.

So why is that?

BB52Big.jpg

I brought this up in the college football thread and I'll ask again, why is it Ohio State with a 3-1 record (including a National Championship) in their last 4 BCS Bowls is a punchline while Oklahoma, despite going 0-4 (with a losses to The WAC and Big East) in their last 4 BCS bowls, is a media darling? Apparently I'm not the only one who has noticed.

From SI.com

There are no official records to support this contention, but it's entirely possible no team in the history of college football has ever endured as much backlash over the result of one lopsided loss as the Buckeyes have in the 12 months since their 41-14 defeat to Florida in last year's national championship game.

Oklahoma lost 55-19 to USC in 2005 and somehow managed to survive with its reputation in tact. Florida's 62-24 loss to Nebraska in the 1996 Fiesta Bowl did little to dampen the aura surrounding Steve Spurrier and the Gators during their subsequent title run the next season.

Yet despite winning all three of its previous BCS appearances under Jim Tressel (including the 2002 national championship over Miami), despite winning 30 of their past 32 games, last year's Debacle in the Desert somehow became a public referendum against not only Ohio State but its entire conference.

So why is that?

after all the hype the sec gets year after year and all the disses the big ten has been getting really as far back as i can remember, what exactly were you expecting to happen after florida won both the bcs and ncaa basketball championships over osu? espn blows it out of proportion, writers everywhere buy into it, and the sec proves that the big ten is overrated and the sec is leaps and bounds ahead of everyone except usc who is still the best team in the country despite their losses and no matter what anyone says. Oklahoma survives because they lost to usc and they come from the big 12. Florida is the sec and lost to the big 12.

...thats what i think it is anyway.

From SI.com

So why is that?

Becuase the morons running the Big Ten think it's still 1965 and the conference season has to end before Thanksgiving. So Big Ten teams tend to do poorly in bowl games. OSU has been the flagship team of the Big Ten for the past few years, so they're taking the brunt of the (undeserved) Big Ten hate.

Add to the fact that college football's most diehard fans tend to be southerners, OSU being a "yankee" school makes them an easy target.

after all the hype the sec gets year after year and all the disses the big ten has been getting really as far back as i can remember, what exactly were you expecting to happen after florida won both the bcs and ncaa basketball championships over osu? espn blows it out of proportion, writers everywhere buy into it, and the sec proves that the big ten is overrated and the sec is leaps and bounds ahead of everyone except usc who is still the best team in the country despite their losses and no matter what anyone says. Oklahoma survives because they lost to usc and they come from the big 12. Florida is the sec and lost to the big 12.

...thats what i think it is anyway.

Great point. That makes sense. I was so caught up in trying to defend my school that the ESPN factor never even occurred to me.

Oh and for the record, I was pulling for Michigan to beat Florida. If I can stomach crossing party lines so can you. How does that saying go? My enemy's enemy is my friend? Whatever it is you know what I mean. When it comes to Big 10 vs. SEC I am rooting Big 10 all the way no matter what. Well done Wolverines.

BB52Big.jpg

Kansas' only loss was to the number 2 team.

LSU loses to an unranked Arkansas team who got killed in their bowl game.

OSU loses at home to a four lose team who got killed in their bowl game.

USC lost to Stanford....enough said there.

KU > LSU, OSU, USC

:D

Who was that number 2 team again? O yeah.

Mizzou pretty much dominated KU until the fourth.

Mizzou dominated Arkansas who in turn beat LSU.

Mizzou beat Illinois who in turn beat OSU.

Mizzou > LSU, OSU, KU

The Tigers should of been holding up that bowl of oranges. <_<

EDIT: My prediction: LSU-23 OSU-17

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I said this a month ago, that the worse thing for Ohio State is that LSU's defense, especially Glenn Dorsey, gets a month to get healthy. There's no denying that when he's healthy, LSU's defense is stout. Very stout.

The good thing for OSU is that LSU tends to lose focus at times.

But since this game is in LSU's backyard, a place where they tend to never lose, they'll keep their focus long enough, and we'll all have to suffer through a non-stop chorus of "Tiger Rag" as LSU wins 24-10.

It's time for....ANTI-SUCKEYE TIME!

LSU 27, Ohio State 7 (If I had my way, it would be 69-0 LSU).

Suckeye? Wow that is damned witty. Did you come up with that yourself? Then to throw in a "69"-0 score, it just isn't often that we see that kind of wit around here. Well done. Great humor is so rare these days.

And as always, Buckeye Nation thanks you for your support.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived