BCS Championship Game

infrared41

Just watch out for my Gators again next season =). Tebow and that whole team will be back, plus Moody transferred from USC and will be elligible to start at runnin back for the orange & blue. The defense will have matured and won't be all freshmen anymore. Should be a fun 2008 =). Congrats to LSU...and even Georgia for showing what the SEC is all about.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hearing about the sec's "dominance of college football" from espn (when i get to a bar or somewhere with espn since i no longer have cable) > hearing about the second bcs title for THE ohio state university from people i'll see everyday (growing up around cincy you make a lot of buckeye friends. was pretty awkward the first time we watched michigan/osu together)

that being said...and i' can't believe i'm about to say this...

:cursing: the sec. go bucks.

I know exactly how you feel. I couldn't believe I was pulling for Michigan, but I was. Look at it like this, it's all for the greater good. Kinda like when The Klingons became allies with The Federation in Star Trek.

:censored: the SEC. GO BIG 10! GO BUCKS! WAY TO GO BLUE!

:blink:

Hmm... I was rooting for Ohio State last year for the same reason, and got this reaction from you:

Seriously, thanks for the support. No offense intended by this but we'd prefer that Michigan fans stay off the Buckeye bandwagon. You're young so it's possible you don't have a full understanding of the rivalry. If you're a Michigan fan and you root for Ohio State (and vice versa) for any reason you will lose all credibility on both sides. There are some things that you just don't do and one of them is Michigan fans don't root for Ohio State under any circumstances. We don't want you and your own fans will disown you. You may want to reconsider.

I'm a Big Ten fan too but you would have thought I was a USC fan yesterday. I'll take a Michigan loss over a Big ten win every time. No question.

Just thought I would point that out. See what you people worshipping the SEC are doing? It is throwing the whole college football world out of balance, and the unthinkable is happening. As a Michigan fan, we don't have to hear from the SEC as much as the OSU fans. Michigan has done very well against the SEC, including beating Florida in the state of Florida, in a game they weren't supposed to have a chance in.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Well another football season gone by and the Buckeyes blow it again. Congrats to LSU. One thing I noticed though even way before this game took place is that the whole nation hates Ohio State. Do any other Buckeye fans feel this way? I mean the media and everyone else just seems to pick on us. And I noticed this even before Florida destroyed us last year in the BCS Championship game. This goes back a while now. Every time Ohio State has a good season and is in the mix for a championship everyone just takes their turn to bash us as bad as they can. It's like we are the Yankees of college football. Maybe I'm wrong and I'm just seeing it from a different view point but what do you all think?

cmpunksigcopy.gif

You have failed me, Universe. All I asked for was a killer asteroid to wipe those cretins out once and for all, yet you could not even do that for me!

<_<

Look at it this way: LSU and Georgia could finish 1-2 in the final polls, just to spite the non-SEC folks.....

You see, I was willing to set aside my perfectly reasonable loathing of LSU to accept that line of reasoning, but the following happened:

(1) After the final, the locals did their best Gaza Strip impression by shooting off fireworks and shooting guns (:blink:) and shouting LSU WOOHOO after 2300 local time.

(2) On the way to work, a fellow decided to tailgate me with his brights on for a good 5 miles. As he passed me, I saw his 4x4 truck was purple and gold and plastered with LSU stickers and flags. Thankfully, he zipped by me (I was going 60 in a 55, for the record) right in front of a State Trooper, who gave him his own form of gold-coloured paperwork. :)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

The Big Ten is working to correct the schedule problem, for what its worth.

They're adding Florida and Arkansas as members?

My Top 5

1. LSU

2. Georgia

3. Southern California

4. West Virginia

5. Missouri/Kansas in a coin toss.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Well another football season gone by and the Buckeyes blow it again. Congrats to LSU. One thing I noticed though even way before this game took place is that the whole nation hates Ohio State. Do any other Buckeye fans feel this way? I mean the media and everyone else just seems to pick on us. And I noticed this even before Florida destroyed us last year in the BCS Championship game. This goes back a while now. Every time Ohio State has a good season and is in the mix for a championship everyone just takes their turn to bash us as bad as they can. It's like we are the Yankees of college football. Maybe I'm wrong and I'm just seeing it from a different view point but what do you all think?

I accepted long ago that the rest of the country hates Ohio State. I don't understand it because they only win the National championship like once every thirty years, but I realize the hate is there. Prediction: OSU beats USC next year in the second game of the season, goes all the way.

PvO6ZWJ.png

O-ne

S-eason

U-glier

my top five for next season

1 Georgia

2 USC

3 Clemson

4 LSU

5 Illinois

Clemson will never matter as long as Bowden's in charge. And Illinois, for all the marvelous recruits, is still coached by Ron Zook.

Maybe Zook will fare better in an environment where the local media doesn't hate his guts at the mere thought of him.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Maybe Zook will fare better in an environment where the local media doesn't hate his guts at the mere thought of him.

No, Zook is as advertised. He can recruit to no tomorrow (Look at the 2006 Florida roster), but could only get to the Outback Bowl with those buckets of talent. Enter Meyer, and they're national champions in Year 2. But hey, at least he gets his 8 hours of sleep by sleeping 4 hours fast... :rolleyes:

No, Zook is as advertised. He can recruit to no tomorrow (Look at the 2006 Florida roster), but could only get to the Outback Bowl with those buckets of talent. Enter Meyer, and they're national champions in Year 2. But hey, at least he gets his 8 hours of sleep by sleeping 4 hours fast... :rolleyes:

Here's the thing....annual appearances in the Outback Bowl etc. would be enough to get an equestrian statue of you built on the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign's campus.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

did the buckeyes really blow it? this team was predicted to be 3rd in there conference. they replaced a good chuck of their offense, yet some how came out the year with one loss in the regular season. maybe they shouldn have been playing for the title(cant really say if any one team was more suited to play then another with the way this season unfolded) but you really can't take much away from these OSU teams, they only lost 3 games in the last 2 seasons and 2 of those losses were to that years national champions. I just don't get the hate for the buckeyes. its not like Tressel is like bobby bowden and runs up scores, or Charles wies who refuses to shake the opposing coaches hands after a loss in a bowl game. the team, like their coach seem to be pretty down to earth and friendly. well like us ohio sports fans say, theres always next year.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

Here's the thing....annual appearances in the Outback Bowl etc. would be enough to get an equestrian statue of you built on the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign's campus.

With a National Champion-calibre roster? That's what was the beef with Zook: He was getting Top 5 talent into the school, but wasn't getting ther potential out of them.

With a National Champion-calibre roster? That's what was the beef with Zook: He was getting Top 5 talent into the school, but wasn't getting ther potential out of them.

Illinoisans have lower expectations. Besides, Illinois isn't a traditional football power. They wouldn't get a whiff of the Championship under the current system even if they played up to their potential.

Today, we are all otaku.

OK, so LSU won last night. So they're the best team in the country, right?

Wrong! LSU lost to Kentucky earlier in the season. (Oct. 13, to be exact.)

And Kentucky lost to Florida. (Oct. 20)

Florida lost to Michigan. (Jan. 1, Capital One Bowl)

Michigan lost to Appalachian State. (Sep. 1)

Appalachian State lost to Georgia Southern. (Oct. 20)

Georgia Southern lost to Chattanooga. (Sep. 22)

And Chattanooga lost to Carson-Newman, a freaking Division II team. (Aug. 30)

Therefore, Division II teams > LSU. :P

CCSLC signature.png

OK, so LSU won last night. So they're the best team in the country, right?

Wrong! LSU lost to Kentucky earlier in the season. (Oct. 13, to be exact.)

And Kentucky lost to Florida. (Oct. 20)

Florida lost to Michigan. (Jan. 1, Capital One Bowl)

Michigan lost to Appalachian State. (Sep. 1)

Appalachian State lost to Georgia Southern. (Oct. 20)

Georgia Southern lost to Chattanooga. (Sep. 22)

And Chattanooga lost to Carson-Newman, a freaking Division II team. (Aug. 30)

Therefore, Division II teams > LSU. :P

Transitive Football Herpes....the biggest threat to our nation's health today.

Today, we are all otaku.

Hmm... I was rooting for Ohio State last year for the same reason, and got this reaction from you:

Seriously, thanks for the support. No offense intended by this but we'd prefer that Michigan fans stay off the Buckeye bandwagon. You're young so it's possible you don't have a full understanding of the rivalry. If you're a Michigan fan and you root for Ohio State (and vice versa) for any reason you will lose all credibility on both sides. There are some things that you just don't do and one of them is Michigan fans don't root for Ohio State under any circumstances. We don't want you and your own fans will disown you. You may want to reconsider.

I'm a Big Ten fan too but you would have thought I was a USC fan yesterday. I'll take a Michigan loss over a Big ten win every time. No question.

Just thought I would point that out. See what you people worshipping the SEC are doing? It is throwing the whole college football world out of balance, and the unthinkable is happening. As a Michigan fan, we don't have to hear from the SEC as much as the OSU fans. Michigan has done very well against the SEC, including beating Florida in the state of Florida, in a game they weren't supposed to have a chance in.

which i loved every second of. and did you know that was the second time big blue beat the gators in a bowl game? i did :P

look, last year i agreed with infrared about not pulling for osu, this year it was a little different considering the amount of big ten bashing that went on this year after some of the more embarrassing upsets, the amount of sec hype surrounding one tim teebow, georgia, and lsu. last year it was osu vs. michigan sympathizers vs. florida, this year it was big ten vs. sec. last year it wasn't ok, this year it was. we'll see about next year.

which i loved every second of. and did you know that was the second time big blue beat the gators in a bowl game? i did :P

look, last year i agreed with infrared about not pulling for osu, this year it was a little different considering the amount of big ten bashing that went on this year after some of the more embarrassing upsets, the amount of sec hype surrounding one tim teebow, georgia, and lsu. last year it was osu vs. michigan sympathizers vs. florida, this year it was big ten vs. sec. last year it wasn't ok, this year it was. we'll see about next year.

Thanks Shotgunned, you saved me the trouble of writing it myself.

BB52Big.jpg

Thanks Shotgunned, you saved me the trouble of writing it myself.

Oh, okay, so it is okay for you to do, but not for me. There was plenty of SEC hype and Big Ten bashing last year too, even before the National Championship game. That, and the fact that you said you will take a Michigan loss over a Big Ten win EVERY time. It was quite clear that you meant under no circumstances would you root for Michigan, but you have done just that. Well, now that you were rooting for Michigan against Florida this year, it makes it okay, but it was still wrong for me to do? Not only did you say I shouldn't, but the way you went off on me, telling me I didn't understand the rivalry, and lost all credibility, now you go and do the same thing? If it is okay for you to do once, it was okay for me to do once. If it wasn't okay for me to do, it is not okay for you to do. Make up your mind.

MegatronSig2.jpg

This rivalry is funny.

Normally I end conversations with Ole Miss fans with a half-hearted "GO TO HELL, OLE MISS!" and that's that, but I love the fact that you two actually compared this to The Klingons forming an alliance with The Federation. Best rivalry ever.

Oh, okay, so it is okay for you to do, but not for me. There was plenty of SEC hype and Big Ten bashing last year too, even before the National Championship game. That, and the fact that you said you will take a Michigan loss over a Big Ten win EVERY time. It was quite clear that you meant under no circumstances would you root for Michigan, but you have done just that. Well, now that you were rooting for Michigan against Florida this year, it makes it okay, but it was still wrong for me to do? Not only did you say I shouldn't, but the way you went off on me, telling me I didn't understand the rivalry, and lost all credibility, now you go and do the same thing? If it is okay for you to do once, it was okay for me to do once. If it wasn't okay for me to do, it is not okay for you to do. Make up your mind.

I still can't get past the fact that you took the time to dig up something I posted over a year ago. That's dedication.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived