Arkansas State has narrowed it to three

footballfiji

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, first off, can we stop the Rome-speak. War never saying war again for this kind of thing. Rome is the "I can't believe it's not butter" of sports journalism. It's not natural, it's not good for you, and it's aimed at the Walmart crowd who don't really know what good butter tastes like anyway.

Now, honestly, did anyone think a university, even a 2nd tier university in Arkansas (where the 1st tier university is actually a 3rd tier university everywhere but on the football field) would go with anything but the most obvious choice? I am surprised they didn't have "Wildcats" or "Eagles" on the list.

Wow, rereading the post already and it is sounding awfully elitist. Sorry Arkansas, sorry Fabio, not sorry Romie, I'll stick with sportsradio guys who speak English.

"Ridge Runners" I like. I also like "Ridge Raiders," which is what I originally read it to be. "Ridge Riders," not so very much. The others suck as well.

Ain't gonna be able to do that! They are in the same conferences as my Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders.

Ok, first off, can we stop the Rome-speak. War never saying war again for this kind of thing. Rome is the "I can't believe it's not butter" of sports journalism. It's not natural, it's not good for you, and it's aimed at the Walmart crowd who don't really know what good butter tastes like anyway.

Now, honestly, did anyone think a university, even a 2nd tier university in Arkansas (where the 1st tier university is actually a 3rd tier university everywhere but on the football field) would go with anything but the most obvious choice? I am surprised they didn't have "Wildcats" or "Eagles" on the list.

Wow, rereading the post already and it is sounding awfully elitist. Sorry Arkansas, sorry Fabio, not sorry Romie, I'll stick with sportsradio guys who speak English.

It was actually insulting the whole war thing, since I do hate the show, especially his views on soccer.

uconn2.pngliverpoolfc.png

It was actually insulting the whole war thing, since I do hate the show, especially his views on soccer.

His "War-whatever" thing is a knock on Auburn's War Eagle greeting/cheer/battlecry/what-have-you. He thought it was corny/cute and all his listeners started putting "War" in front of Everything (War Vince Carter. War Redsox).

Auburn fans do a similar thing. But we add a damn. So "War Damn Brandon Cox"; "War Damn Lebo" etc.

you probably already knew that though.

Archived