Super Bowl XLIII Logo

dirtywater11

Well you can only find so many landmarks in a city and as menioned before Tampa has very few. Still, it could look better. I have to say the Arena League logos the last two three years have been better

Since Arena Bowl XIX and XX were virtually the same, might as well include XIX.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hurm.

Don't like the color scheme - well, that's not true. I love the color scheme, but it looks off here. All that blue orphans the red star, makes it seem out of place.

Agreed, if you are gonna have one red star and one blue star, the wordmark should not be blue. The logo does look good though, it's not terrible.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Personally, I like it, particularly since I don't care for XLII's design that much. It's uncluttered, classic looking to an extent. I'm surprised they didn't use the EndZone font with this one as they had the previous two years, but kept the Orbit font.

XLII was too dark for my liking, a C- in the gradebook. XLIII's not an A, but definitely a solid B or B-minus.

nav-logo.png

The type is slightly daunting but I think I would actually buy something with this on it. Unlike this years monstrosity.

Although they are probably a trick of the light (and the flash), the gradients formed in the original scan do help this logo a lot however. (George Toma's ground crew would have had their work cut out for them :P ) The flat colour trace bears this out well.'

But overall I'd have to say I like this one. Definitely the best of the 4 'generic' logos.

hmmm... it is almost as if they took the perspective of the the XLI logo with the pylon and just zoomed out to show the end zone? ... or it looks as if they put Aussie rules goal posts on the back of the end zone instead of NFL goal post ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

Something tells me that's not the official logo, but rather just something to show to begin hyping the game already. It's WAY too generic to be official.

IIRC we said the same thing when XLI's logo was "leaked".

Just sayin'.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I share the same feelings as most about this. It looks too generic and doesn't represent Tampa at all. If nothing else, it should at least say Tampa or Tampa Bay on the logo. The logo for Super Bowl XLII was pretty generic, but it at least had the burst of sun.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I share the same feelings as most about this. It looks too generic and doesn't represent Tampa at all. If nothing else, it should at least say Tampa or Tampa Bay on the logo. The logo for Super Bowl XLII was pretty generic, but it at least had the burst of sun.

Yeah. It doesn't represent Tampa at all. I was expecting red and black pirate designs.

This logo also reminds me of a kids flag football tourney logo.

It's obvious that from Super Bowl XL on they have gone in this direction. And the fingerprint is the red and blue stars on all four of them. I miss the days when each Super Bowl logo was new and different...you really had no idea what to expect. If it wasn't for this year's logo I would say they were going for non site specific logos. I don't know what they are going for, but they need to fire who ever approved the last three logos.

It's better than the last two at least.

I have to admit I like it. It's generic, but seems to work. Super Bowl logos have gone through phases. Beginning with XXVII through XXXIX, each logo had significance toward the host site. From XL to present it seems like we've hit a new phase. Times just change, and now we're just in one of those times.

Yeah. It doesn't represent Tampa at all. I was expecting red and black pirate designs.

I don't necessarily feel that the Super Bowl logo must be tied to where it's held b/c Super Bowl's are held in the same general areas. For example, not every New Orleans Super Bowl logo needs to be in Mardi Gras colors like the one for XXXI

I don't necessarily feel that the Super Bowl logo must be tied to where it's held b/c Super Bowl's are held in the same general areas. For example, not every New Orleans Super Bowl logo needs to be in Mardi Gras colors like the one for XXXI

Yeah I like this one better than this years and none of the past Tampa Superbowl logos had anything connecting it to the Tampa location. And the Superbowl 50 Logo is so easy, Just Super Bow L with a golden "L" then they don't have to worry about a single letter numeral again till 100.

(don't know what the hell you do with a single C LOL)

Archived