Super Bowl XLIII Logo

dirtywater11

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just going to plain disagree about that XXXVII logo. I really, really like that one. I'll agree about the XXXII logo, which is fantastic and definitely a little more subtle, but I still love the design of the latter logo with the lighthouse.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I'm just going to plain disagree about that XXXVII logo. I really, really like that one. I'll agree about the XXXII logo, which is fantastic and definitely a little more subtle, but I still love the design of the latter logo with the lighthouse.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree...or something like that.

I'm more of a fan of more subtle touches.

I personally thought last year's Miami Super Bowl logo was brilliant. It was subtle and unassuming and in no way overdone. I also loved the fact that there was not one palm tree, or overly obvious over the top reference to a sun, or sand dune, or big butt with a thong or anything else indictative of Miami. There was no need for it.

Every logo for a Super Bowl in Miami shouldn't require something that refers to the city. They'll host a million more Super Bowls before the place is flooded from global warming and/or hurricanes. There's no need to continue to use the same elements over and over and over again. I like what they did and wished more Super Bowl sites would follow suit.

I hate this year's Super Bowl logo, but it has grown a bit on me. I used to despise it, now I just hate it. Maybe next year when I look back on it I'll simply scoff at it. Who knows?

But a lighthouse? UGH! I guess I could understand if the very first thing the average person would think of when referring to San Diego was a lighthouse. Thats just not the case. I find the awful looking Atlanta Super Bowl logo with the peach more appropriate because atleast most people would know why the peach in the logo was pertinent to Atlanta and the state of Georgia. But then again...I might be giving 'most people' way too much credit. ^_^

Another year, another generic Super Bowl logo. Actually I'm already dreading what the Super Bowl XLV logo (Dallas) will look like. The way the logos are being dumbed down, they'll probably just slap a big red and white "XLV" on top of the Cowboys' blue star.

CCSLC signature.png

Keep the roman numerals. They are better than just putting the year or "43" or "52"... it just looks better.

I don't know why the NFL is going in this direction, but the logos for the last three Super Bowls (XLI, XLII, XLIII), have been SOOOOO generic and boring. I don't get it.

If they get rid of Roman numerals in the Super Bowl, then nobody will know that they mean any more and that would be sad. The Super Bowl keeps Roman Numerals alive forever.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Here's your Super Bowl XLIII logo, as described by dirtywater11, boys and girls:

sbxliii.jpg

Note: the picture was taken at a slight angle facing upward to prevent the flash from showing up

I just threw up a bit in my mouth. My goodness, that is terrible. Why is it that for the past few years, since Super Bowl XL, that the logos have gone crappy? There hasnt been a decent logo since XXXIX. Seriously, they gotta freaking get on the ball here - these past few logos and this one suck.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Well there was also this apparently for super bowl XXVII

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=jhfu7gvnxmyzfqdtfixf

Speaking of XXVII... does anyone have the logo that was to be used when the game was originally slated for Arizona? I have seen the logo once, ages ago.

For a recap of the wonderful events that led to the Super Bowl being moved from Sun Devil Stadium to the Rose Bowl:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html...750C0A967958260

asu-tillman-in-memory-banner.jpg

A gradual switch from the roman numerals to a different nomenclature for the Super Bowl may already be underway. In looking at the XLII game program, I notice several references to the "2011 Super Bowl" or the "2013 Super Bowl," as opposed to "Super Bowl XLV" or "Super Bowl XLVII."

The fact that these references are in an official NFL publication with any frequency at all are a groundbreaking break from precedent. And perhaps, just maybe, indicative of what's to come.

nav-logo.png

Also, I'm calling it right now...Super Bowl XLIV's logo will involve first-down markers and/or the chains.

I could definitely see that: one first down chainbox serving as the "I", with the other being the second stroke of the "V," as if being pulled forward for a measurement. Or perhaps as the vertical stroke of the "L" and then the "I"... if done right, that'd look pretty good, actually.

nav-logo.png

Keep the roman numerals. They are better than just putting the year or "43" or "52"... it just looks better.

I don't know why the NFL is going in this direction, but the logos for the last three Super Bowls (XLI, XLII, XLIII), have been SOOOOO generic and boring. I don't get it.

If they get rid of Roman numerals in the Super Bowl, then nobody will know that they mean any more and that would be sad. The Super Bowl keeps Roman Numerals alive forever.

Is that supposed to be tongue in cheek? If not, I think you might need to get out more.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I just looked on the external links to future Super Bowl sites. Miami again?!?!?!?(SB XLIV) This is getting old, fellas. Show some variety, Super Bowl! I can't imagine what thier logo will look like, seeing that they had the super bowl there 10 freaking times!

Now XLV in Dallas.....that logo is gonna be interesting.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Archived