Memphis? Please.

WJMorris3

More importantly, Syracuse had a big upset win of Georgetown, 77-70. Terrific win for the 'Cuse, and had they not lost to USF, I'd be feeling much better about their tournament chances.

However, Paul Harris, Johnny Flynn, Donte Green and the rest are all going to look VERY good playing together with one more year experience next year. I definitely see big things for this unit in the next couple of seasons.

Hopefully they stay for those couple of seasons. If they do i can't see how Cuse doesnt get to a Final Four in the next three seasons.

Greene(FR)-Flynn(FR)-Harris(SO)-Devendorf(JR)-Onuaku(SO)-Jackson(FR)-Ongenaet(JR)-Jardine(FR) plus recruits looks pretty good to me.

saBS.png

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Remember, folks... #1 seeds don't struggle against UAB.

Remember, folks... #1 seeds don't drop consecutive games (one to a team that had not beaten Duke in FORTY-FIVE years)!

Funny, you haven't touched on this subject in a few days...what happened?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Remember, folks... #1 seeds don't struggle against UAB.

Remember, folks... #1 seeds don't drop consecutive games (one to a team that had not beaten Duke in FORTY-FIVE years)!

Funny, you haven't touched on this subject in a few days...what happened?

I'm sure he's just preparing for Saturday....

I saw, I came, I left.

But even if Tennessee beats Memphis, the Tigers are still looking at a #1 seed. Considering that Duke just dropped two straight in a very mediocre, extremely top-heavy ACC, I think Memphis would need to drop 3 more games to even have that #1 seed in jeopardy.

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Well heres the good thing Memphis is #1 no problem, they have to prove it in March so their ranking matters not if they can win 6 games in March when the Tournament begins then it will prove if they were worthy.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Again, I ask.

Who of consequence have Memphis beaten on the road?

Oklahoma, Connecticut, and Cincinnati (though you'll just say neither of the three teams are really of any consequence and the wins are actually moot...or something equally irrational).

Again, I ask.

Oklahoma, Connecticut, and Cincinnati (though you'll just say neither of the three teams are really of any consequence and the wins are actually moot...or something equally irrational).
Cincinnati is of no consequence this year, and they didn't play Oklahoma or Connecticut in a road game.

LvZYtbZ.png

Again, I ask.

Let's look at the other top teams. For this, I'll be using Kansas, UCLA, Indiana, Duke, Tennessee, and North Carolina.

First, Take out the conference schedule.

What qualifies as "Of Consequence"? I'll use teams with an RPIs 1-50 here.

So Road Wins against RPI 1-50:

Duke (1)

at Marquette (77-73)

UNC (2)

at BYU (73-63)

at Ohio St (66-55)

Tennessee (3)

at West Virginia (74-72)

at Xavier (82-75)

at Gonzaga (82-72)

UCLA (0)

Road wins against Maryland (63) and Michigan (155)

Kansas (1)

at USC (59-55)

Indiana (0)

Road win against Illinois State (52)

Memphis (1)

at UCONN (81-70)

Not really much of a difference there is it? If you want quality road wins to determine you #1 seeds then UT is a lock.

Who cares who they beat on the road, the fact is that they beat them all. Memphis are the only team yet to lose, and until they lose (if they do at all) they should be the number 1 team. The math is simple 0 losses is better than 2 losses.

... tell that to LSU (or Hawai'i) :upside:

I saw, I came, I left.

Now y'all believe me that Memphis deserves a 2?

No. And I still say Memphis gets the #1 overall seed.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Archived