Toronto NFL concept

Jezus_Ghoti

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The colors might look nice if they were seperate, but when they mix together they don't look good.

nhlvquebec2mw0.pngnhlpittsburghmo1.pngmlsnewenglandei8.pngnflbaltimoreff1.pngncaaohiostatepx4.png

Interesting Baseball fact: In 1960: Baltimore, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh had 2 AAA affiliates, while Los Angeles had 3 teams...and the New York Yankees had the Kansas City Athletics.

Interesting Hockey fact: In 1974, the Buffalo Sabres draft Taro Tsujimoto of the Toyko Katanas with th 183 pick in the draft. It was later revealed that Taro didn't exist, but Taro is still listed as an offical draftee of the Buffalo Sabres in their Media Guide.

I think Toronto Bisons would sound better

The dictionary says the preferred plural for Bison is Bison, not Bisons, although some teams (such as the University of Manitoba) are called the Bisons.

Still, it would take away from Buffalo if they were called the Bison or Bisons. Buffaloes would be a better name if the Bills moved anywhere.

No offense, but that's an ugly uni....

Also, the Government of Canada can't really veto a move to Toronto. We like to practice this thing called democracy up here.

Also the Government of Canada would most likely support a NFL team in Toronto cause its good for the Economy. Certainly alot better for it than anything the CFL could ever do.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

I think Toronto Bisons would sound better

The dictionary says the preferred plural for Bison is Bison, not Bisons, although some teams (such as the University of Manitoba) are called the Bisons.

Still, it would take away from Buffalo if they were called the Bison or Bisons. Buffaloes would be a better name if the Bills moved anywhere.

Toronto Bisons sound more like an NFL name than Toronto Buffaloes.

No offense, but that's an ugly uni....

Also, the Government of Canada can't really veto a move to Toronto. We like to practice this thing called democracy up here.

Also the Government of Canada would most likely support a NFL team in Toronto cause its good for the Economy. Certainly alot better for it than anything the CFL could ever do.

Well, I don't know about that

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

when world football league try to put team in toronto for 1974 season primister pierre trudeau introduced the canadian football act of 1974 to prevent any american pro football league from competing with canadian football league,bill passed and world football league toronto team packed its bags for memphis,tennessee,so it would make impossible for national football league field team in any part of canada,i am not trying to be mean,i just know more about subject,i think it's neat concept .

when world football league try to put team in toronto for 1974 season primister pierre trudeau introduced the canadian football act of 1974 to prevent any american pro football league from competing with canadian football league,bill passed and world football league toronto team packed its bags for memphis,tennessee,so it would make impossible for national football league field team in any part of canada,i am not trying to be mean,i just know more about subject,i think it's neat concept .

One problem. There is this little agreement that goes by the name NAFTA, which blocks that type of restrictive policy.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I'd like suggest the following:

Home unis - maroon jerseys with white numbers (with Carolina blue lining around the numbers), block numbering & white pants with sky blue stripes, maroon helmet with Carolina blue buffalo logo and navy blue face mask

Road unis - White jersey with maroon numbers (and Carolina blue lining around the numbers), block numbering & Carolina blue pants with maroon stripes, maroon helmet with Carolina blue buffalo logo and navy blue face mask

That is only a suggestion, though.

LEONARD WEIRICH

SILVER SPRING MD

FAN OF THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS SINCE 2000

FAN OF THE SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SINCE 2001

FAN OF THE SEATTLE MARINERS SINCE 1995

FAN OF THE WASHINGTON NATIONALS SINCE 2005

FAN OF THE WASHINGTON CAPITALS SINCE 1974

FAN OF THE LOS ANGELES LAKERS SINCE 1979

FAN OF THE TAMPA BAY STORM SINCE 1991

I think if the Bills moved to Toronto, they should be called the Argonauts. It just has a ring to it.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

3.jpg

There's your reason not to go with maroon and blue right there!

A few criticisms:

The color combination doesn't say Toronto, or Canada, or Buffaloes to me at all. I think sticking with an Argos-esque color scheme to echo the city of Toronto flag would work nicely.

The team would not keep any ties to Buffalo if they moved to Toronto.

**UPDATE**

Clearly I was misguided about a lot of things in my original concept. I've read all your criticism and most of you are very right. However, there is one thing that I won't concede. I still adamantly believe that maroon and light blue can be an awesome color combo. I adjusted my color values and took another shot at this concept. Here's what I came up with.

buffaloes2.jpg

One problem. There is this little agreement that goes by the name NAFTA, which blocks that type of restrictive policy.

no,no,your wrong,he just knows more about subject .

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Those updated colors look fantastic. I don't think anyone was questioning your assertion that maroon and blue can look good, it's just that the particular shades you originally used did not.

I like the jerseys and pants, not so sure about the helmet.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

Those updated colors look fantastic. I don't think anyone was questioning your assertion that maroon and blue can look good, it's just that the particular shades you originally used did not.

I like the jerseys and pants, not so sure about the helmet.

Ummm...no offense, but I still don't see a "fantastic" color combo. It looks better than the original, but it doesn't work for this concept IMO, and the team name still doesn't say "Toronto", it still says Buffalo. I think you're headed in the wrong direction.

no,no,your wrong,he just knows more about subject .

You're right. I stand corrected. :P:lol:

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

**UPDATE**

Clearly I was misguided about a lot of things in my original concept. I've read all your criticism and most of you are very right. However, there is one thing that I won't concede. I still adamantly believe that maroon and light blue can be an awesome color combo. I adjusted my color values and took another shot at this concept. Here's what I came up with.

buffaloes2.jpg

Color use is much better. I still believe they'll dump the all previously used logos, but the use of it here looks OK. Still would be kinda boring for a fast growing city like Toronto.

shysters_sm.jpg

Archived