Mariners Alternates

Chazberg

I was walking past my local Foot Locker the other day, and I spotted the MLB jersey rack. Right in front was the navy blue Mariners alternate with the "SEATTLE" script and silver piping, just like A-Rod used to wear, I think maybe around 99? Does this mean they're bringing these back? It's a brand new store so it's not like they have a bunch of back stock they just dragged out....

Anyway the jersey looks gorgeous. I wish the M's would use the alternate jersey font on the home and road too.

they, like the Marlins need to use more teal.

Why would a team that doesn't have teal in their color scheme want to use 'more' of it?

Note: It's not teal, it's more like the Dolphins aqua color

I assume by teal he meant the shade of green they use.

untitled.jpg

That was used in the 90's...

on edit: I didn't see your note b/c it was in grey...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I was walking past my local Foot Locker the other day, and I spotted the MLB jersey rack. Right in front was the navy blue Mariners alternate with the "SEATTLE" script and silver piping, just like A-Rod used to wear, I think maybe around 99? Does this mean they're bringing these back? It's a brand new store so it's not like they have a bunch of back stock they just dragged out....

Anyway the jersey looks gorgeous. I wish the M's would use the alternate jersey font on the home and road too.

As far as I know, the M's are not using anything like that this year, but I've been wanting one of those for a while.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

I hate the numbers on the alt - they'd be so much better off sticking with the regular numbers than the funky pointy font.

I always thought of the numbers as really out of balance. They also seemed awkward because they came out while Bob Melvin was the manager, and the numbers have a resemblance to Arizona's old numbers. Also, they were the first jersey since 1993 that the M's put numbers on the front of.

Oh, and when they were first offered, they were totally black and not navy.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

I like the pointy numbers. I personally think that unique fonts are much better than the boring MLB Block. boring, boring boring. I wish they'd go out on a limb with their uniform designs as well. BP jerseys shouldn't be the only ones that feature innovative design. Not just the material

I like the pointy numbers. I personally think that unique fonts are much better than the boring MLB Block. boring, boring boring. I wish they'd go out on a limb with their uniform designs as well. BP jerseys shouldn't be the only ones that feature innovative design. Not just the material

Cannot disagree more strongly. There is a time and place for everything. And the time and place for what you're avocating is arena football.

Baseball is the most traditional of sports. That link to the past, to timeless values passed from generation to generation, is the strength of the sport. You don't toss that in the trash for a little visual stimulation.

Cannot disagree more strongly. There is a time and place for everything. And the time and place for what you're avocating is arena football.

Baseball is the most traditional of sports. That link to the past, to timeless values passed from generation to generation, is the strength of the sport. You don't toss that in the trash for a little visual stimulation.

Well said, sir. The Arena Football example perfectly displayed the contrast between the two.

Archived