The (Un)official 2008 NFL Off-season Thread

tBBP

What would be right is Green Bay taking him back and then sitting him on the bench. It'll never happen because of the money involved and of course if Rodgers struggled you'd have to put Fav-ruh in, but it's fun to think about ole #4 sitting there on the bench week after week after week. The only thing sadder would be Green Bay all ready to retire his jersey on MNF and here he comes out of the tunnel in that hideous Vikings uniform. :blink:

He's being ridiculously selfish and disrespectful to the Packers and to their fans. And now they're interviewing his MOM about the situation? Favres, get over yourselves one and all!

What if he comes back and is horrible? They all think they can play forever, and yes, he had a good season last year, but that doesn't mean squat. If he signs with another team, are those fans going to realize they're getting the whole Favre package? He's nearly as apt to throw a critical (and often rookie-mistake-stupid) INT as a winning TD pass. But it's ok, because "he's just a gunslinger, having fun out there, playing the game the way it was meant to be played." In fact, that was one thing I was looking forward to this year - no more listening to announcers kiss his a@@ after yet another stupid play.

He'll ultimately end up in some NFL backwater, tossing picks for a bottom-feeder until he finally retires for real and gives his 8th "retirement" press conference, which by then will be attended by about 3 media members because nobody cares any more.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First off, lmao @ Brett Favre being trapped in Green Bay on the bench if he comes back. In the words of Jacob P. Galvatron, "GOTCHO DUMB ASS!"

But here's a perfect satire of the whole situation.

I swear I needed a good laugh today...this has been one of the more stressful days I've had over here.

And man...that was IT right there! That :censored: was just TOO funny!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

My prediction: Favre comes back and Rodgers ends up being traded to Miami.

1) The Packers took two QBs in the 2008 draft, including Louisville's Brian Brohm whom many observers were surprised went unselected for as long as he did (#56 overall). That tells me they're not quite as committed to Rodgers as they'd like us to believe, Favre or no Favre.

2) The Dolphins are rebuilding from the ground up, but selected OT Jake Long #1 overall. Their current quarterbacks are career backup Josh McCown, unproven John Beck and rookie Chad Henne. Don't tell me they wouldn't jump at the chance to bring in a young and improving QB with some recent big-game experience (the Dallas game last season where Rodgers rallied Green Bay from a big deficit to nearly win that game) - and who was Favre's understudy for three years. Rodgers and Long could make a strong foundation for Miami's offense for years to come.

3) And for that reason, the Packers could get a lot from Miami in a trade for Rodgers - I'd say their 1st-round pick in '09 - and certainly more than they could get by dealing Favre.

CCSLC signature.png

Don't tell me they wouldn't jump at the chance to bring in a young and improving QB with some recent big-game experience (the Dallas game last season where Rodgers rallied Green Bay from a big deficit to nearly win that game)

It worked for Matt Schaub. His performance in a game against the Patriots back in 2005 basically got him a job a year and a half later. (Even though I still wish we kept him, in hindsight of our former franchise player turning out to be the Mickey Goldmill of the dogfighting world.). So yeah, it'd be a good idea for him to go to Miami, IMO.

why won't favre retire? if i'm aaron rodgers, i'd be ready to ask for a trade or something. This has to be frustrating to him, he knows he ready and with all this favre nonsense he has to wonder if he'll get a shot to be the guy. Favre is doing no service to his team by doing this. If he wants to be with the team in like a coaching role or something fine. his teammates right now has to be frustrated with this whole situation.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

A market research firm has supposedly been hired by the stockholders to survey area residents about Favre. The questions focused on how they would feel if Brett won a championship with another club, what their attitude towards the franchise would be, etc.

This is just silly. The Packers hired their GM to make the tough decisions for the future of the team. If Thompson is the GM, the stockholders should just stand behind his decision. The fans are too emotionally attached to think clearly on this. Of course they want Brett back, but he waited too long to return.

At this point, I say ship his ass to Baltimore and let him fulfill the Madden curse.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

1) The Packers took two QBs in the 2008 draft, including Louisville's Brian Brohm whom many observers were surprised went unselected for as long as he did (#56 overall). That tells me they're not quite as committed to Rodgers as they'd like us to believe, Favre or no Favre.

2) The Dolphins are rebuilding from the ground up, but selected OT Jake Long #1 overall. Their current quarterbacks are career backup Josh McCown, unproven John Beck and rookie Chad Henne. Don't tell me they wouldn't jump at the chance to bring in a young and improving QB with some recent big-game experience (the Dallas game last season where Rodgers rallied Green Bay from a big deficit to nearly win that game) - and who was Favre's understudy for three years. Rodgers and Long could make a strong foundation for Miami's offense for years to come.

3) And for that reason, the Packers could get a lot from Miami in a trade for Rodgers - I'd say their 1st-round pick in '09 - and certainly more than they could get by dealing Favre.

It makes NO SENSE for Parcells to bring in Rodgers to Miami. They're in the middle of a 3-year project to rebuild this team, and giving away draft picks for another QB works against what they're trying to accomplish. Players like Beck and Henne need playing time for them to develop, it will hinder the team long-term to bring in a 4th QB.

The best fit for Favre is Minnesota. They're a consistent QB away from the playoffs. They have the most to gain with Favre on the team... and of course Green Bay wants nothing to do with that.

Other teams that might be able to use him are Houston, Carolina... maybe San Fran?

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

It makes NO SENSE for Parcells to bring in Favre to Miami. They're in the middle of a 3-year project to rebuild this team, and giving away draft picks for a last hurrah of Favre works against what they're trying to accomplish. Players like Beck and Henne need playing time for them to develop, and although of course Favre will bring better results next season, it will hinder the team long-term.

The best fit for Favre is Minnesota. They're a consistent QB away from the playoffs. They have the most to gain with Favre on the team... and of course Green Bay wants nothing to do with that.

Other teams that might be able to use him are Houston, Carolina... maybe San Fran?

That's a nice argument and all...but he was talking about trading Rodgers to Miami, not Favre. :P

It makes NO SENSE for Parcells to bring in Favre to Miami. They're in the middle of a 3-year project to rebuild this team, and giving away draft picks for a last hurrah of Favre works against what they're trying to accomplish. Players like Beck and Henne need playing time for them to develop, and although of course Favre will bring better results next season, it will hinder the team long-term.

That's a nice argument and all...but he was talking about trading Rodgers to Miami, not Favre. :P

LOL I noticed it after the post and tried to edit it. It still makes no sense to try to develop 4 QBs at once while giving away a (or multiple) draft picks for him.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Now there's a pun if ever there was one... :D

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

why won't favre retire? if i'm aaron rodgers, i'd be ready to ask for a trade or something. This has to be frustrating to him, he knows he ready and with all this favre nonsense he has to wonder if he'll get a shot to be the guy. Favre is doing no service to his team by doing this. If he wants to be with the team in like a coaching role or something fine. his teammates right now has to be frustrated with this whole situation.

It's a poopy situation, and he'd get chastised for it, but I'd support Rogers 100% if he asked for a trade. Yeah, it's a business, and you need to be professional about things, but enough is enough. Favre's selfishness, indecisiveness, and narcissism are killing Rogers' shot to prove himself and put up the stats that could earn him 10s of millions. If I'm him, I don't want to be a part of this mess any more.

As for Favre ruining his legacy by joining another team, as far as I'm concerned, it's already ruined. For a guy that was so good, he's really proven himself to be immature these past few years.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's a poopy situation, and he'd get chastised for it, but I'd support Rogers 100% if he asked for a trade. Yeah, it's a business, and you need to be professional about things, but enough is enough. Favre's selfishness, indecisiveness, and narcissism are killing Rogers' shot to prove himself and put up the stats that could earn him 10s of millions. If I'm him, I don't want to be a part of this mess any more.

As for Favre ruining his legacy by joining another team, as far as I'm concerned, it's already ruined. For a guy that was so good, he's really proven himself to be immature these past few years.

Rodgers does have support. Favre isn't much for communicating with many on the team. Rodgers provides more feedback to his guys and the younger guys have more in common. I think Thompson and McCarthy will lose respect if they don't stand by Rodgers now. If Favre hadn't dragged out his decision so long, I would have no problem with him coming back as starter. If he returns now, I think it messes with the chemistry being developed. The good thing for the Packers is whether they trade Favre or Rodgers, Brohm is looking to be a strong backup for whoever remains and an heir apparent would be in place.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Archived