1997 Minnesota Twins Red Alternate jersey

spyboy1

I was just able to get a 1997 Twins red alternate authentic.

This jersey was worn just twice by the Twins on Sundays in April (6th & 27th) and then never worn again due to it's negative reception, the fact they lost both times while wearing it and the ESPN announcers calling it the "Dairy Queen" jersey.

7d71_1.JPG

I've already got the "Jackie Robinson 50th Anniversary" Patch on order to put on it.

Now comes the dilemma. Whose name and number to get on it?

Players who wore it include:

Knoblauch

Molitor

Steinbach

Radke (the starter both games)

Aguilera

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I was just able to get a 1997 Twins red alternate authentic.

This jersey was worn just twice by the Twins on Sundays in April (6th & 27th) and then never worn again due to it's negative reception, the fact they lost both times while wearing it and the ESPN announcers calling it the "Dairy Queen" jersey.

7d71_1.JPG

I've already got the "Jackie Robinson 50th Anniversary" Patch on order to put on it.

Now comes the dilemma. Whose name and number to get on it?

Players who wore it include:

Knoblauch

Molitor

Steinbach

Radke (the starter both games)

Aguilera

Either Radke or Molitor

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Go with Molitor, just for the fact that's people would probably know his name when your wearing it.

nhlvquebec2mw0.pngnhlpittsburghmo1.pngmlsnewenglandei8.pngnflbaltimoreff1.pngncaaohiostatepx4.png

Interesting Baseball fact: In 1960: Baltimore, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh had 2 AAA affiliates, while Los Angeles had 3 teams...and the New York Yankees had the Kansas City Athletics.

Interesting Hockey fact: In 1974, the Buffalo Sabres draft Taro Tsujimoto of the Toyko Katanas with th 183 pick in the draft. It was later revealed that Taro didn't exist, but Taro is still listed as an offical draftee of the Buffalo Sabres in their Media Guide.

So you beat me out for that jersey on eBay... :cursing:

I have been looking for years... finally, I find one and can't get it anyway.

I when I see the jersey, I think of Knoblauch, but because of his PED use, I would definitely go with Radke.

I when I see the jersey, I think of Knoblauch, but because of his PED use, I would definitely go with Radke.

Something tells me you weren't going to out-bid a guy with nearly 400 hockey jerseys....

If I had the space, I'd definitely amass a jersey collection like he's got.....

Am I mistaken, or did the Twins have a blue with red pinstripes jersey that year too (with Minnesota vertically-arched on the front)? If they did, anyone have photos?

Moose

I am pretty sure you are mistaken. If they had the "Minnesota" blue alt, it was the same one they have now (or roughly close too it). The only red striping would be the piping around the buttons and on the sleeves.

As for the red jersey, that's a good find. I agree with the Molitor/Radke thoughts. Radke was well into his time as a long-running Twins starter. However, nobody would remember that he started both of those games. I doubt even he would. Knobloch would make sense too, but he's not looking too good now, if that matters to you.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I immediately thought of Knoblauch, because if my memory serves me right, the pocket schedule for that year featured all the new alt jersies, and Knobby was wearing the red.

Wearing the red? I'd call it more like "tucked way, way the hell into his pants". Look at that, the font numbers are in his pants! That thing must have been a XXXL or something.

twins-red.jpg

Sorry about outbidding you, unless you are ramonjrp. That dude's a royal ebay pain in the butt. There's a whole thread about him and is insane bidding tactics on nextleveltalk.com

At first I was thinking Molitor was the choice, but I'm leaning more towards Radke after reading this thread and doing my homework on the two boxscores for the red jersey games.

HansonsSig.jpg

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I immediately thought of Knoblauch, because if my memory serves me right, the pocket schedule for that year featured all the new alt jersies, and Knobby was wearing the red.

Wearing the red? I'd call it more like "tucked way, way the hell into his pants". Look at that, the font numbers are in his pants! That thing must have been a XXXL or something.

twins-red.jpg

Sorry about outbidding you, unless you are ramonjrp. That dude's a royal ebay pain in the butt. There's a whole thread about him and is insane bidding tactics on nextleveltalk.com

At first I was thinking Molitor was the choice, but I'm leaning more towards Radke after reading this thread and doing my homework on the two boxscores for the red jersey games.

Yes! I remember that insanely tucked jersey now, hah.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Wilson, your inbox is full. I tried to send you a PM and it bounced back.

So, who's the girl in your avatar and why does she have such an attitude going?

HansonsSig.jpg

Wilson, your inbox is full. I tried to send you a PM and it bounced back.

So, who's the girl in your avatar and why does she have such an attitude going?

Sorry, I'll have to clean that out now...

I have no idea who it is, I just randomly saw it on someone's photobucket.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived