2008 NCAA Frozen Four

roxfan00

The field for this years tournament were revealed today.

Albany (East)

No. 1 Michigan vs. No. 4 Niagara

No. 2 St. Cloud State vs. No. 3 Clarkson

Colorado Springs (West)

No. 1 New Hampshire vs. No. 4 Notre Dame

No. 2 Colorado College vs. No. 3 Michigan State

Madison (Midwest)

No. 1 North Dakota vs. No. 4 Princeton

No. 2 Denver vs. No. 3 Wisconsin

Worcester (Northeast)

No. 1 Miami vs. No. 4 Air Force

No. 2 Boston College vs. No. 3 Minnesota

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go Purple Eagles!

I saw the CHA semi-final vs. RMU and it was an amazing atmospere. Hopefully Niagara can get an upset or two.

That and go Nathan Gerbe, hopefully he is as good in Buffalo as he is in Boston.

saBS.png

I am rooting for Michigan and AF :)

got to see a couple AF games this year since I live 10 min. from the academy... I am really surprised they made the tourney for a second straight year since their best player Ehn went down with a broken leg!!!

I went to the regional games in Denver last year and am hoping to catch Michigan in the Frozen Four this year in Denver!!!

GO BLUE!!!

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

WOW!!! Wisconsin didn't deserve to get in...and thats coming from a Badger fan...plus they are playing at home- which could help them get to the frozen four. I'll be cheering for them...especially a good friend of mine Patty Johnson who I have played on all-star teams with. On other notes a friend of mine committed to Niagra for next year. I think I was at the game Ehn broke his leg, if it was at CC. I remember someone on AF seriously injuring their leg that game. Also I have been fortunate enough to be talking with CC and AF about playing there... the AF coach was my coach's Junior coach in Rochester, MN...I also know Andrew Volkening AF's goalie and all the Chicago guys at CC (Gannon, Sweatt, Wysopal) as well as Wingels at Miami. So their are my allegances, too bad AF plays Miami in the first round.

brewerssig.jpg

AFGoalie.jpg

GO Air Force FALCONS !!!!

LETS GO AIR FORCE!

Off we go into the wild blue yonder,

Climbing high into the sun;

Here they come zooming to meet our thunder,

At 'em boys, Give 'er the gun! (Give 'er the gun hey!)

Down we dive, spouting our flame from under,

Off with one hell of a roar!

We live in fame or go down in flame. Hey!

Nothing can stop the U.S. Air Force!

so long and thanks for all the fish.

Who else thinks it was crazy they put 3 WCHA teams (Denver, Wisconsin(Home) and North Dakota) in one bracket??? Granted there were 6 WCHA teams total, but there could have been 2 brackets with 1 team, and 2 with 2.

I think that the question should be why the NCAA still uses smaller venues like Co. Springs and even Worchester for these games. On campus venues, outside of C-bus and Madison are not big enough, but these hard to get to cities are even worse than looking at NBA/NHL schedules and hotels for four teams and fans. Colorado Springs is as people will go to the BrodAmoor and retrace the steps of movies from the past.

Who else thinks it was crazy they put 3 WCHA teams (Denver, Wisconsin(Home) and North Dakota) in one bracket??? Granted there were 6 WCHA teams total, but there could have been 2 brackets with 1 team, and 2 with 2.

I think that the question should be why the NCAA still uses smaller venues like Co. Springs and even Worchester for these games. On campus venues, outside of C-bus and Madison are not big enough, but these hard to get to cities are even worse than looking at NBA/NHL schedules and hotels for four teams and fans. Colorado Springs is as people will go to the BrodAmoor and retrace the steps of movies from the past.

Excuse me? Oh, man!

I don't really see a problem. Both those cities are pretty big by themselves. Worcester does have an AHL team. Besides, in the case that there isn't quite enough hotel space, Boston and Denver are an hour away down a main highway.

It is pretty nuts...and i'm surprised the conference is represented in every bracket after the WCHA Frozen Four year- which was downright amazing.

brewerssig.jpg

Excuse me? Oh, man!

I don't really see a problem. Both those cities are pretty big by themselves. Worcester does have an AHL team. Besides, in the case that there isn't quite enough hotel space, Boston and Denver are an hour away down a main highway.

You've joking about the "smaller venues" comment, right? I've been to regionals with no-one there, as it's tough to get many fans to travel on just a week's notice (with UNH, Harvard (a three hour drive for each), Denver and Bemidji State @ UMass - a 9,000 seat venue, there were around 3,000 people in the building - and that's being generous... Or NMU, BC, CC, St. Lawrence, Michigan State, and North Dakota @ Madison's Dane County Coliseum back in 1999 (still the 12 team, two regional tourney). No local teams (Northern Michigan at a 7 hour drive was the closest) made attendance horrific.

Bottem line, unless there is a host team in the regional (as there (sort of) was when Bemidji State played Wisconsin in Green Bay (technically, Michigan Tech was the host, but, playing the Badgers in the state of Wisconsin is close enough), the attendance doesn't warrant a huge NHL-type arena until the Frozen Four (and even then, only Wisconsin and UMinn have fan bases large enough to sell-out an NHL sized barn on a week's notice - and that's even a stretch)...

Moose

Archived