2008 MLB Season

gingerbreadmann

Oh God the Sox just absolutely blew this series. They had a comeback brewing here in the 9th, but Lowell just got caught stealing and was thrown out by miles. AWESOME game by Tampa, this team I will finally concede, is for real.

It was a hit and run.

Winner of Bonehead Move of the Year. Thanks, Tito!

(And the bullpen)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Terry Francona is the most overrated manager in baseball.

Really? After two World Series titles, he's now overrated? :rolleyes:

I was waiting for someone to go there. Glad to see Boston fans have gained some perspective through all of their success.

<_<

:rolleyes:

He's a great post season manager, but then he does all this boneheaded crap that's ridiculous in the regular season. Also, take into consideration that I said that in the heat of the moment, as soon as the game was over. I should have posted it in a Red Sox game thread somewhere else.

It's not really on a board like this where there is multiple fans of different teams posting, it's more of somewhere like a Red Sox board. Where Terry Francona, Manny Ramirez, and Jonathan Papelbon can do no wrong. If they do something wrong, just blame it on Julio Lugo!

I was waiting for someone to go there. Glad to see Boston fans have gained some perspective through all of their success.

<_<

He's a great post season manager, but then he does all this boneheaded crap that's ridiculous in the regular season. Also, take into consideration that I said that in the heat of the moment, as soon as the game was over. I should have posted it in a Red Sox game thread somewhere else.

It's not really on a board like this where there is multiple fans of different teams posting, it's more of somewhere like a Red Sox board. Where Terry Francona, Manny Ramirez, and Jonathan Papelbon can do no wrong. If they do something wrong, just blame it on Julio Lugo!

Do you read SoSH?

<_<

Do you read SoSH?

Exactly what I was talking about.

Here's some late breaking baseball-related news for you all...

A-Rod splits with wife after years of infidelity, most notably with a Toronto stripper and currently with 59-year old singer/actress, Madonna.

Rodriguez also stuck it to the hometown crowd by saying NO to partaking in the Home Run Derby later this month.

...and apparently Cynthia has been hanging out with Lenny Kravitz http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8308196...9;s-with-rocker

... maybe this is a plot to get Madonna and Kravitz together :P

I saw, I came, I left.

Rodriguez also stuck it to the hometown crowd by saying NO to partaking in the Home Run Derby later this month.

This hometown fan doesn't mind. He's well known for not liking to be in the Derby, thinks it messes with his swing. And his first responsibility isn't to the All-Star Game or any of its festivities, it's to helping the Yankees get into the playoffs.

A-Rod splits with wife after years of infidelity, most notably with a Toronto stripper and currently with 59-year old singer/actress, Madonna.

I love the quote from Lenny Kravitz in regards to indiscretions with Arod's wife: "Im hurtful that i'm being called an adulturer, all I did was open my home to a close friend having marital difficulties..."

Yeah, so hard to believe you weren't laying pipe to that close friend in her time of need.... Tit for tat, apparently. Solid marriage.

I love the quote from Lenny Kravitz in regards to indiscretions with Arod's wife: "Im hurtful that i'm being called an adulturer, all I did was open my home to a close friend having marital difficulties..."

Yeah, so hard to believe you weren't laying pipe to that close friend in her time of need.... Tit for tat, apparently. Solid marriage.

Why is this news?

And Jeff Francoeur has been sent down to Double-A.

If this means that he'll stop swinging at anything that is remotely around the batting area, then this is good news.

Why is this news?

If this means that he'll stop swinging at anything that is remotely around the batting area, then this is good news.

Stunning, he seemed on the verge of becoming an All Star a few years ago

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Why is this news?

Stunning, he seemed on the verge of becoming an All Star a few years ago

Well, he's still pretty young, so he still has the potential to become one. Like I said, if he comes back to the MLB and starts swinging at GOOD pitches for a change, then he'll be an All-Star in the future. He's definitely a very good defensive player, it's just that he was extremely undisciplined at the plate.

Why aren't there any national games on Today? ESPN used to have triple headers on during holidays such as Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day, now there isn't any national game at all on either ESPN or TBS?

Why aren't there any national games on Today? ESPN used to have triple headers on during holidays such as Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day, now there isn't any national game at all on either ESPN or TBS?

Who needs day baseball when you've got the freakin hot dog eating contest?!

<_<

6uXNWAo.png

As much as SportsCenter has gone down the crapper, my bigger beef with ESPN is their reduced coverage of live sporting events, especially baseball. They would air 4-6 games between ESPN and ESPN2 on Opening Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day. They would show a game on Monday night, a doubleheader on Wednesday nights, and the occasional Friday night game. You would always get an hour of Baseball Tonight prior to and after the 11pm SportsCenter.

Do they really need all these poker re-runs, or NFL Live, and their other crap?

As much as SportsCenter has gone down the crapper, my bigger beef with ESPN is their reduced coverage of live sporting events, especially baseball. They would air 4-6 games between ESPN and ESPN2 on Opening Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day. They would show a game on Monday night, a doubleheader on Wednesday nights, and the occasional Friday night game. You would always get an hour of Baseball Tonight prior to and after the 11pm SportsCenter.

Do they really need all these poker re-runs, or NFL Live, and their other crap?

Exactly. What do they show now? A couple Red Sox games per week and Sunday Night Baseball. I used to really enjoy the west coast game on Wednesday Night. I remember when people used to bitch because ESPN showed too much baseball. Now it's like if the Red Sox aren't playing a 7pm game they just don't bother. ESPN just gets worse by the day. It's a shame really. And what's the fascination with poker? Does anyone really watch other people playing cards? Poker is for the :censored: networks like Vs. and The Travel Channel. ESPN has the rights to the NFL, College Football, MLB, The NBA, NASCAR, Arena Football, Indy Racing, College Basketball, MLS, and The WNBA. With all those sports I find it hard to believe that Poker is number two behind the NFL in popularity.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

nice to see the rays have some success finally...although when are they going to take those tarps off in the upper deck. I wonder how many fans were turned away tonight.

I have to straighten this thread out. The Rays WILL finish last in the AL East again. This is not a prediction, this is a straight up iron clad GUARANTEE.

There, I said it. End of story.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Archived