2008 MLB Season

gingerbreadmann

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ESPN Baseball officially sucks

CC Sabathia is pitching for the Brewers as the Beer Makers start a series against the Cubs, but is it on ESPN?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo of course not

Enjoy the Red Sox for the 9 Millionth time

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

CC Sabathia is pitching for the Brewers as the Beer Makers start a series against the Cubs, but is it on ESPN?

I was hoping tonight's Cubs/Brewers game would be on ESPN as well, dammit.

I hear they'll be showing Wednesday's game if that's any consolation. <_<

6uXNWAo.png

1. Probably a scam so you'll buy MLBEI

2. I know you all will be shocked by this, but I(as in we) don't enjoy it either. Don and Jerry are millions of times more enjoyable than the ESPN hacks.

1. Probably a scam so you'll buy MLBEI

2. I know you all will be shocked by this, but I(as in we) don't enjoy it either. Don and Jerry are millions of times more enjoyable than the ESPN hacks.

I was going to say the same thing. I'd rather just buy MLB.tv and watch 'em but they're on ESPN/FOX so damn much it's not worth it since those games get blacked out anyway. Besides, I don't even have TV right now...

IUe6Hvh.png

I still don't understand why it's okay for a runner to freight train a catcher but it's not okay to slap at or plow over any other position player to avoid being tagged out.

Since a runner doesn't have to stay on home plate, a runner is given more leeway in being aggressive in touching the plate. In turn, the catcher is allowed more protective equipment to withstand these blows, and is also allowed to physically stand in the runner's path to block the plate.

I just hope this doesn't have an impact on McCann's future. It's not been very favorable in the Braves past: Mike Heath got plowed and never really got healthy again in the early 90's, and Johnny Estrada was never the same player as he was pre-Erstad collision.

The play was clean, in my view.....

At least it's a quality matchup (Red Sox/Angels).

I remember they showed Red Sox/Mariners a while back...yeah, like anybody outside of "the Nation" wants to see that.

As much as I agree with every "Oh God not another Red Sox game on ESPN" post, I have to point out that these games must get the ratings or they wouldn't keep doing it. That said, it is beyond ridiculous. Does MLB not have some sort of rule against how many times a team can appear on national TV? If memory serves, The NBA has such a rule.

Then again, we do kind of need ESPN to discover the rest of MLB's teams before we can expect a change.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Needed to take two of three against the Phillies, Drew.

I think the Braves are going to be sellers now. If they won this series, I think Braves Management would have tried to stay in the race, now I can see them trying like hell to deal Teixiera, which would be the Braves themselves calling it over.

That's exactly what I was thinking before this series. If they had gotten 2 out of 3, I think they would've made a run for it.

Now, it's time for them to get the best they can for Teixiera, unless a miracle happens and he decides to stay by his own will.

It's official. The Braves are sending it in for the 2008 season and Mark Teixeira is now on the market.

As of this moment, Arizona is the frontrunner, with Atlanta asking for a prospect plus Chad Tracy or Conor Jackson.

6uXNWAo.png

I think the Braves are going to be sellers now. If they won this series, I think Braves Management would have tried to stay in the race, now I can see them trying like hell to deal Teixiera, which would be the Braves themselves calling it over.

That's exactly what I was thinking before this series. If they had gotten 2 out of 3, I think they would've made a run for it.

Now, it's time for them to get the best they can for Teixiera, unless a miracle happens and he decides to stay by his own will.

It's official. The Braves are sending it in for the 2008 season and Texiera is now on the market.

As of this moment, Arizona is the frontrunner, with Atlanta asking for a prospect plus Chad Tracy or Conor Jackson.

I would do backflips if that trade happened.

It's official. The Braves are sending it in for the 2008 season and Texiera is now on the market.

Tracy maybe, but I just don't see AZ trading away CJack at the moment

The other teams interested are the Red Sox, Angels, and Rays.

Since Tampa has such a deep pool of prospect talent, I'd like to see the Braves get some young guys to restock the farm teams. I'd love to get David Price, but I doubt the Rays trade him away.

That, and I'd love to see Tampa make the playoffs. I adopted them as my favored team to root for in the AL.....

If I'm Arizona, I would much rather deal Chad Tracy than Conor Jackson.

Tracy is a pretty solid player, but has most likely maxed out as far as potential goes. Plus, all the time he spends on the DL probably hurts his overall value.

The Diamondbacks would be crazy to deal CoJack at this point, unless they think they can definitely ink Texiera long-term once the deal is made.

6uXNWAo.png

Tracy is a pretty solid player, but has most likely maxed out as far as potential goes. Plus, all the time he spends on the DL probably hurts his value.

The Diamondbacks would be crazy to deal CoJack at this point, unless they think they can definitely ink Texiera long-term once the deal is made.

I was definitely talking about CoJack. I guess I should've bolded it in the quote. :P

But yeah, Tex for Tracy would be an ok trade for the Braves (and he'd fit right in with everybody else who gets hurt every other week. :rolleyes:).

Tex for CoJack would be outstanding, though.

It's official. The Braves are sending it in for the 2008 season and Mark Teixeira is now on the market.

Tracy is a pretty solid player, but has most likely maxed out as far as potential goes. Plus, all the time he spends on the DL probably hurts his value.

The Diamondbacks would be crazy to deal CoJack at this point, unless they think they can definitely ink Teixeira long-term once the deal is made.

I was definitely talking about CoJack. I guess I should've bolded it in the quote. :P

But yeah, Tex for Tracy would be an ok trade for the Braves (and he'd fit right in with everybody else who gets hurt every other week. :rolleyes:).

Tex for CoJack would be outstanding, though.

I would be stunned if CoJack goes to ATL. I understand that the D-Backs badly need a power hitter, but Jackson's got too much upside to deal for a run at the playoffs. Arizona has a pretty bright future Arizona, and it's not like they're not in a "win now" situation like the Brewers are.

If Atlanta could get him for Teixeira, that would be a definite steal for the Bravos. However, if a trade does happen between ATL and AZ, it probably involve Chad Tracy, especially if Atlanta gets desperate to unload Texy.

6uXNWAo.png

I still don't understand why it's okay for a runner to freight train a catcher but it's not okay to slap at or plow over any other position player to avoid being tagged out.

Since a runner doesn't have to stay on home plate, a runner is given more leeway in being aggressive in touching the plate. In turn, the catcher is allowed more protective equipment to withstand these blows, and is also allowed to physically stand in the runner's path to block the plate.

I just hope this doesn't have an impact on McCann's future. It's not been very favorable in the Braves past: Mike Heath got plowed and never really got healthy again in the early 90's, and Johnny Estrada was never the same player as he was pre-Erstad collision.

The play was clean, in my view.....

I'm not so sure that's what the extra equipment is for. If that was the case, they'd probably be outfitted more like football or hockey players.

The play was clean, according to the rules. I'm not questioning the play, I'm questioning the rules.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yankees losing 11-0 at home to the Orioles.....ouch

The only way for that game to be better in my eyes is if Jones hit a double for the cycle, or a second GS in that last at bat in the 9th.

Beautiful win.

saBS.png

Archived