2008 MLB Season

gingerbreadmann

Do you have all my 25,000 posts memorized?

It's not hard to do when 15,000 of said posts are one word: Correct.

Are you proud of the point you've posted well over 25,000 times?

Game. Set. Match.

Correct. :upside:

Post of the day for Hedley, anyone?

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you have all my 25,000 posts memorized?

It's not hard to do when 15,000 of said posts are one word: Correct.

Are you proud of the point you've posted well over 25,000 times?

Game. Set. Match.

Correct. :upside:

Post of the day for Hedley, anyone?

I think the post would have been perfect if he'd just left it at the first line. Adding the question was overkill. The point was made (brilliantly I might add) with the first line.

BB52Big.jpg

Not that more than maybe 3-4 of you care, but if the Mets win @ PIT today, it'd be their 2nd ever undefeated road trip (Minimum 7 Games). The only other one was a 7-0 trip to Montreal and Philadelphia from July 1-7, 1991

Outside of that, their best was a 10-1 trip to Atlanta, Cincy, and Houston from July 4-14, 1985 and they have a couple of 9-1's scattered in there.

They've never been undefeated on a 7+ game homestand though...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Dodgers reportedly get Greg Maddux in trade with Padres.

ESPN.com

Can't hurt, right? He hasn't pitched that badly this year. The Padres aren't exactly giving the guy the best run support, so hopefully he'll get it right with the Bums.

Smoltz looks to be on his last leg, Glavine is awaiting his fate, and Maddux has looked like a wounded dog (no pun intended) at times this year. I don't want to see 'em go, because they were what was right with the game back in the 90's, but if it would be so awesome if they all went together (and ended up in the Hall Of Fame together, too).

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

What would the pun be?

EDIT: If it's a series of Old Yeller jokes, then clearly, the pun was intended.

You just like messing with people. You're a very mean person.

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Smoltz looks to be on his last leg, Glavine is awaiting his fate, and Maddux has looked like a wounded dog (no pun intended) at times this year. I don't want to see 'em go, because they were what was right with the game back in the 90's, but if it would be so awesome if they all went together (and ended up in the Hall Of Fame together, too).

I would go to Cooperstown if that happened......

I would go to Cooperstown if that happened......

That would be an all-timer for induction weekend.

BB52Big.jpg

We already know that all 3 are going to the hall-of-fame. When else has that every happened? Three pitchers all in the same rotation for that long all end up in the hall-of-fame. It's a miracle they only won one world series.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I hope all three do retire this year, I think it would be great if they all went in the same year, maybe even Bobby Cox could go in the same year too.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Dodgers reportedly get Greg Maddux in trade with Padres.

ESPN.com

Can't hurt, right? He hasn't pitched that badly this year. The Padres aren't exactly giving the guy the best run support, so hopefully he'll get it right with the Bums.

Especially since Adrian Gonzalez accounts for, what, 19% of the Padres runs?

Plus, the veteran experience of Maddux can only help the kid, Clayton Kershaw.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

The Texas Rangers, are officially out of the race for thee AL West, and now the Wild Card. Congratulations to all of the teams ahead of them who still have a chance.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

Billy Wagner's on the shelf indefinitely...not to pat myself on the back, but I told you "live and die with every pitch" Mets fanboys that dude was hurt. He's from VA, and those VA boys are tough! Ain't no quit in 'em!

Archived