Oregon Ducks

tj4eck

Just noticed that the Oregon Ducks Women's LaCrosse team has the same numbers as the Oregon Ducks Football team

lacross.jpg

thoughts? opinions?

Can't tell from the photo, but those don't look like the exact same numbers - the football team's numbers taper inward at the bottom in a try-to-make-the-linemen-look-slimmer forced perspective.

Can't tell from the photo, but those don't look like the exact same numbers - the football team's numbers taper inward at the bottom in a try-to-make-the-linemen-look-slimmer forced perspective.

I dunno...looks like there is some tapering.

CEXAWAQCMJKIGSV.20070212191235.jpg

XYDAPDELBUHJGKI.20070221223636.jpg

kU6ns.gif

Man, athletic girls are such a turn on.

Those goggles would be perfect while you porked one of them.

Subtlety isn't one of your stronger points, is it?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

This isn't uni related, but why no helmets for ladies lacross? I kinda doubt they're flinging a nerf ball around.

I'm probably not the person to ask, but I think it has something to do with ladies not allowed to have as much (if any) contact while playing. Someone more knowledgable can probably provide a better answer.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

This isn't uni related, but why no helmets for ladies lacross? I kinda doubt they're flinging a nerf ball around.

They don't hit, there is no checking, and since they use sticks with no pockets, they really can't throw the ball with much velocity. Additionally, lacrosse helments are somewhat heavy.

They don't hit, there is no checking, and since they use sticks with no pockets, they really can't throw the ball with much velocity. Additionally, lacrosse helments are somewhat heavy.

From the pictures posted above it looks like a normal lacrosse stick that has pockets. I think you are thinking of field hockey?

BTW: Kansas does use the Trajan numbers and wordmark on all of the athletic teams. They are trying to be more unified. At first I hated it, especially on the men's basketball team, but they have grown on me. (I am sure that winning the national championship in them didn't hurt any either)

KUHawks.png

Yeah, no contact. They can only hit the stick. Anything else is a penalty. The pockets are very flat, just about as far as the plastic goes (unlike mens sticks in which the pocket is just under ball depth). Also if I'm right, there is also a rule that says you can't shoot the ball too hard from too close. Or its a penalty.

Girls Lacrosse is a finesse sport... if you want to call it a sport :rolleyes:

Men's Lacrosse is the real deal

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived