Mother's Day in Baseball

Billy B

So it's Mother's Day and MLB is going pink again. Players will be wearing pink wristbands, and some will have pink bats. Carlos Zambrano had some pink in his shoes, but his start was cancelled because of weather. The catcher on the Diamondbacks is even wearing pink shin guards.

What are your thoughts on this?

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took the wife and kid to Seattle last Mother's Day to see the M's and the Yankees, and about 6 or 7 players were using the pink bats, and a couple more with the pink ribbon on their caps.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with this, provided that for father's day, everyone uses a bat made out of black pepper beef jerky.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

i think its a great idea, especially if they auction off the pink memorbila to fans and give the money to breast cancer charities. anyone who thinks its bad or wrong is terrible.

I don't think it's a bad ideal,but my gripe w/ the whole thing is that they don't go all out Prostate Cancer Awareness (even though MLB does the baby blue wristband and ribbon thing which is a LOT better than doing nothing),but at the same time it would be cool if MLB do the same thing for Fathers' Day if the break out the blue bats and auction it off to the Prostate Cancer Foundation or something.

I was watching some of the Red/Mets game and Luis Castillo alaso had pink trimmed-batting gloves.

And I have a question...

I know there are different makes of bats in the MLB that are available to use (wether it be Louisville Slugger, TPX, Rawling, Mizuno, Demarini, easton, etc.)

But does only one brand make the pink bats for this occasion (Louisville Slugger?) or do multiple brands get into this?

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I think the pink thing is fine for baseball, but I don't like how Mother's Day has turned into Breast Cancer Day.

Alot of mothers have breast.

OK, we get it. Women have breasts. That's the 2nd time in this thread it wasn't funny. Who wants to make it a third?

As for the real post, I don't get the impression that it turned into Breast Cancer Day. I got more of an "It's mother's day, the pink wristbands are just to raise awareness" kind of feel...

It's just like how the week of Father Day raises money for each HR hit for Prostate Cancer...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

OK, we get it. Women have breasts. That's the 2nd time in this thread it wasn't funny. Who wants to make it a third?

Well, how about "chickens have breasts"

Ok, so we've got green for Earth Day, pink for Mothers Day and baby blue for fathers day? now... what about Labo(u)r Day? ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

Well, how about "chickens have breasts"

Ok, so we've got green for Earth Day, pink for Mothers Day and baby blue for fathers day? now... what about Labo(u)r Day? ^_^

I'm gonna go with brown, because unions are crap :)

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Best pink accessory of the day: Carlos Beltran's pink titanium necklace!

capt.ff4e3d75a4c840558466cfbbfa2d2ceb.reds_mets_baseball_nyeb110.jpg

I just flipped on the Sox-Twins game real quick to see how they were doing (horribly at that point) and noticed that the Twins pitcher, Dustin Pedroia, and a few other Twins were all wearing the pink Phiten necklace. Must be going along with the fact that Phiten has been given authorization to make necklaces using official team colors.

I still would love to see an NHL goalie wear pink pads and dontate $1 for every save he makes with them and $5 for every goal he allows and have the team and league each match the total they raise. In addition, auctioning off the equipment after they are done with it (for a whole season or a month or something) and put that money towards the charity. I think Harding of the Wild would have had the best chance to do something like that but I don't think he is even wearing the mask anymore... This is just something I have been thinking about for the past few years and I do think it would be a great thing for the NHL to try.

As for baseball, it sucks this only happens once a season, I think it would be better if they did it for the entire weekend or week. A one off isn't as effective imo...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived