Pistons All White arena for game #3 for ECF

scraw28

Game Four is Red, White and Blue Night; Fans Encouraged to Show Their Colors

FORECAST FOR GAME THREE OF ECF IN DETROIT: WHITE OUT!

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. --- The Detroit Pistons are in the Eastern Conference Finals (ECF) for the sixth year in a row ? a franchise record, and something no other current team in professional sports can claim. But when they host game three of the 2008 Eastern Conference Finals, they will be asking fans to help with a first time WHITE OUT of The Palace of Auburn Hills.

On Saturday, May 24 the Detroit Pistons tip-off at 8:30 p.m. against the Boston Celtics in game three of the 2008 ECF and every fan in the building will receive a commemorative white playoff t-shirt, courtesy of T-Mobile. With everyone wearing his or her t-shirts, The Palace will experience a complete and total WHITE OUT.

?T-Mobile's partnership with the Pistons continues to provide rewarding opportunities for our customers and the local communities," said Jocelyn English, senior manager of sponsorships and promotions, T-Mobile USA. ?This is a chance for fans to continue showing support for the Pistons while enjoying the excitement of the playoff season.?

On Monday, May 26 when Detroit and Boston square off at 8:30 p.m. in game four of the series, the Pistons are declaring it Red, White and Blue Night and asking fans to go all out in wearing the home team?s colors. As part of the celebration, one luck fan will win a trip for two to Las Vegas and a second lucky fan will win a trip for two to Cancun, Mexico, courtesy of Northwest World Vacations.

?The weekend is going to be a ?thank you? to our fans and a celebration of the success we have enjoyed these past six years,? said Tom Wilson, president and CEO of the Detroit Pistons. ?We felt it would be something special to have everyone in The Palace wearing the same color and T-Mobile really came through in providing these 22,000+ t-shirts for the Eastern Conference Finals.?

The Pistons advanced to the 2008 ECF by defeating the Orlando Magic (4-1) and the Philadelphia 76ers (4-2). Not since the Los Angeles Lakers ?Showtime? teams of the mid-80s, who did it from 1984-89, has a team been in the conference finals six straight years.

A limited number of tickets remain for the 2008 Eastern Conference Finals and are available at The Palace Box Office, by calling 248-377-0100, online at www.pistons.com or at all TicketMaster outlets.

Rock Financial is the presenting sponsor of the Detroit Pistons for the 2008 NBA Playoffs. For more information regarding 2008 playoff tickets or ticket packages for the 2008-09 Pistons season, please contact The Palace at (248) 377-0100 or log on to www.pistons.com.

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Ugh. I was hoping the Pistons wouldn't hop on this bandwagon. It looked cool at first..... but now EVERYBODY does it. Hopefully it looks good.

Agreed. This is as tired of a trend as the wave.

I don't mind the Colored shirts. The white seems to be reserved for a certain team... Winnipeg! I don't know if they started it, but that's where I remember seeing it first. I liked the Orange that the Warriors had last year, and Flyers did this year.

The Cavaliers did a "Yellow Gold" t shirt give away for the 3 games against the Wizards. For the Celtics, although hard to see on TV... they did a so-called checkboard pattern. Each section had alternating Wine and Blue t-shirts. Sort of had a College feel to it.

EDIT: Found Some Pics

CavsCelts.jpg

QArena.jpg

I recall when the Heat did a white out a couple years ago, and that seemed to work because they played up the "White Hot Heat" angle. The Warriors worked it with their yellow shirts last year mainly because the color stood out a lot, and because the teams they played didn't use yellow at all (Mavs, Jazz). A regular team using white doesn't really work because the other team almost always uses white in some fashion. Even worse is when a team like the Raptors try to have their fans wear all red for a home playoff game, then the NJ Nets come in and wear their red alternates. Just cut it out, or use a color that no team you might play will use, but that you already use.

I think the Pistons should just alternate red white and blue for every section in the arena. At this point, I'd rather see a pinwheel-type thing with the team colors than this "unified solidarity" crap that every one does.

If every one does it, it doesn't mean anything anymore, which is what's starting to happen.

philliescreamersig2copy.png

Ugh. I was hoping the Pistons wouldn't hop on this bandwagon. It looked cool at first..... but now EVERYBODY does it. Hopefully it looks good.

The 2005-2006 Heat pretty much started this tradition.

Not even close, pal.

Not even close.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Not even close, pal.

Not even close.

WOW! A whole 2 years ago! What tradition.

yeah BBtV is right, not even close.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Not even close, pal.

Not even close.

Calgary started it with the Red Sea.

Winnipeg picked up the ball and ran with it with the White Out.

Then, all hell broke loose.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Not even close, pal.

Not even close.

Still not even close.

Since when is the Eastern Conference Finals called the ECF? I've never ever heard anyone call it that and I'm one of the biggest NBA fans around. Is this another lame attempt by the League to try to instigate their own hip-ness, instead of letting it happen naturally and then get pissed when it does and try to downplay the urban culture influences. Are they trying to make the Conference finals seem more important by getting its own acronym like ALCS and then maybe people will watch? Pathetic if you ask me.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Not even close, pal.

Not even close.

Still not even close.

If those who loved to repeat the phrase "not even close" were to provide some kind of examples, that'd be super. But why back up a statement?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived