Pistons All White arena for game #3 for ECF

scraw28

Is all-white supposed to be intimidating? I can see maybe at a hockey arena, but at a basketball game it just makes it look like no one is there.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Ugh. I was hoping the Pistons wouldn't hop on this bandwagon. It looked cool at first..... but now EVERYBODY does it. Hopefully it looks good.

The 2005-2006 Heat pretty much started this tradition.

Not even close, pal.

Not even close.

WOW! A whole 2 years ago! What tradition.

yeah BBtV is right, not even close.

Calgary started it with the Red Sea.

Winnipeg picked up the ball and ran with it with the White Out.

Then, all hell broke loose.

Still not even close.

If those who loved to repeat the phrase "not even close" were to provide some kind of examples, that'd be super. But why back up a statement?

Well, my "not even close"s were in reference to the Jets, which while I'm not certain if they started it, it's certainly the first example of the concept that I remember.

I don't know what ReginaCanuck's "not even close" is about.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Ugh. I was hoping the Pistons wouldn't hop on this bandwagon. It looked cool at first..... but now EVERYBODY does it. Hopefully it looks good.

The 2005-2006 Heat pretty much started this tradition.

Not even close, pal.

Not even close.

WOW! A whole 2 years ago! What tradition.

yeah BBtV is right, not even close.

Calgary started it with the Red Sea.

Winnipeg picked up the ball and ran with it with the White Out.

Then, all hell broke loose.

Still not even close.

If those who loved to repeat the phrase "not even close" were to provide some kind of examples, that'd be super. But why back up a statement?

Well, my "not even close"s were in reference to the Jets, which while I'm not certain if they started it, it's certainly the first example of the concept that I remember.

I don't know what ReginaCanuck's "not even close" is about.

His was the one I was more worried about.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Well, I'm going to Game 4 tonight, and I'm assuming they'll do it again. I have courtside seats right behind the Celtics bench as well, so maybe I can snap a couple shots to see what it looks like from their angle.

Punch KG in the face and yell "THIS IS FROM ZAZA!"

Not really. It would be cool though.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Well, I'm going to Game 4 tonight, and I'm assuming they'll do it again. I have courtside seats right behind the Celtics bench as well, so maybe I can snap a couple shots to see what it looks like from their angle.

No, tonight fans are just supposed to go all out in red white and blue. I am going to the game too, but nowhere near courtside. Damn rich kids. :P

MegatronSig2.jpg

Wouldn't this concept have kinda started with College Football? I mean Nebraska has had the sea of red for a really really long time.

And I know this wasn't before the Flames or Jets...but for basketball the UofI used to "Paint the Hall Orange" as early as 2001....

Here's a pic from 2004:

20041201-paint-the-hall-orange-06.jpg

The Calgary Flames "C of Red" is so freaking impressive in my book. And I'd say the majority of people are wearing jerseys, too, not just red.

39_Sea%20of%20Red.jpg

Archived