2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

wow, talk about a hijacked thread :P

Anyway, I think the wordmark and numbers on the Raps' jerseys kind of look silver from the pictures. I think the reason it looks more white than silver is because of a camera flash...unless he didn't use one, then I don't know why.

According to the style guide it says it is silver, although the people working at Centre Sports in the ACC say what they were told is it is white. So I really don't think we will know until they are unveiled and available for purchase. I am willing to guess that they are silver because that is how they look in the video from NBA '09.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Oklahoma City Thunder news, it appears that at least the wordmark on their home jersey won't be totally atrocious. It's arched and says 'THUNDER' in light blue, outlined in white, then red. Their away wordmark, however, is more in keeping with the design theme outlined in their logo: ugliness. It says 'OKLAHOMA CITY' and is white, outlined in light blue, then navy on a light blue jersey. The word 'OKLAHOMA' is arched and above the word 'CITY' (also arched). The awful part, though, is that both of them are placed above the number on the jersey. This creates a hideous 'stacked' look on the front of the jersey.

EDIT: Both the home and away wordmarks are in the Thunder's standard Industria Bold font.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

In Oklahoma City Thunder news, it appears that at least the wordmark on their home jersey won't be totally atrocious. It's arched and says 'THUNDER' in light blue, outlined in white, then red. Their away wordmark, however, is more in keeping with the design theme outlined in their logo: ugliness. It says 'OKLAHOMA CITY' and is white, outlined in light blue, then navy on a light blue jersey. The word 'OKLAHOMA' is arched and above the word 'CITY' (also arched). The awful part, though, is that both of them are placed above the number on the jersey. This creates a hideous 'stacked' look on the front of the jersey.

EDIT: Both the home and away wordmarks are in the Thunder's standard Industria Bold font.

They should either go with Thunder on both jerseys or a style like the OKC (Oklahoma-Top, City-Bottom) jerseys the Hornets had when they played there.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

i covered this over in the OKC thread:

okc_wordmarks.gif

looks terrible and very nbdl-ish to me.

i covered this over in the OKC thread:

okc_wordmarks.gif

looks terrible and very nbdl-ish to me.

Whoops, sorry. Didn't see those. :blush:

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

HA.

Yeah no it is all bad.

Why is it that the letters in 'THUNDER' are jumpity--meaning they aren't in line with each other, instead, the letters seem to be rumbling..........hey maybe that's their hint of actual thunder in their scheme!

To put it lightly, it sucks. The uniforms will suck. Miserably. And yes, even worse than the NBDL.

WOW! Sacramento on the butt. Seems like a little bit too much.

I have Georgia on my mind, and Sacramento on my butt. Good to see that the NBA is taking design cues from high school girls.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

WOW! Sacramento on the butt. Seems like a little bit too much.

I have Georgia on my mind, and Sacramento on my butt. Good to see that the NBA is taking design cues from high school girls.

Hooray for tramp stamps!

We saw the jerseys from the "got milk?" ad already, and I had already said that they look too generic, either practice jerseys or replicas.

However, here is the pic from the Magic site. Can't tell if the stripes are there or not from this limited sample.

MagicPreview916.png

We saw the jerseys from the "got milk?" ad already, and I had already said that they look too generic, either practice jerseys or replicas.

However, here is the pic from the Magic site. Can't tell if the stripes are there or not from this limited sample.

MagicPreview916.png

My God! They're spoiling us with these previews! haha

MagicPreview916.png

You know... I'm starting to think that they nixed the pinstripes at the last minute. Both the preview pics from the site & the jersey Dwight Howard is wearing has no stripes.

That would really suck.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

MagicPreview916.png

You know... I'm starting to think that they nixed the pinstripes at the last minute. Both the preview pics from the site & the jersey Dwight Howard is wearing has no stripes.

That would really suck.

The jersey woudn't look bad free of pinstripes if the sides were blue. With black sides, blue stripes balance out the colors and overall, it's a good modernized tribute to their past look.

I think the real thing will look like :censored: .

Archived