Cubs/Braves Throwback Game

no97

Picked up a ticket to this one to see what it's all about. Of all the unis they could have picked, this one's a bit bland. That said, I've been asking the clubhouse shops where the jerseys are at for at least a month now. Each time they've acted as if they'd never heard of it. Maybe the official announcement will help get some more info... or something actually in stores before game time.

Hmm. Jersey-Joe doesn't have either of these listed, which leads me to believe that they aren't planning to sell them.

Not there... but the Cubs jersey has been listed as "coming soon" here on Jersey Joe's site for some time, which is where I got the original date and info I used when asking around at Wrigley.

UPDATE: The page I linked to above on the Jersey Joe site has been edited and several jerseys that were listed as "coming soon" have been removed from the list, including the Cubs 1948 jersey. No sign of it anywhere else either and the game is only two days away, so... :(

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the looks from pre-game introductions all the players are wearing stirrups. WGN is running the first few innings in black and white.

I can't wait to see the uniforms in color.

Just to pile on, it is cool that both teams are going with stirrups. WGN is even using the old camera angles that they used in '48 for the first few innings. It is like watching a game from the roof of Wrigley.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

I turned to WGN to see what all the fuss was about, and I must say its well done. But has anyone else noticed a typewriter sound effect in the background? It's creative, but slightly annoying... That, seeing the god-awful WGN America logo, and the Cubs-bias has prompted me to switch back to CSS/Peachtree. 21st-century again.

dzh6fs12jk4gddgfd123hlxft.gif

I am totally digging the WGN telecast right now. It's like a timewarp, and I love the typewriter effect. I can stand the Cubs bias for a day, since I'm used to hearing the Braves bias all year. :P

Fairly accurate unis - the only error I can tell is that the Cubs should have zippers insted of buttons... Anyone have a pic of the back of the Cubs real 1948 uni's? Id like to know if the current #'s were used back then (as they are being used on these throwbacks)...

Moose

Man, the stirrups are everywhere, and they are glorious.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived