Cubs/Braves Throwback Game

no97

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope those socks, and their visibility, are mandatory as part of the uniforms. The jerseys don't look as radically different as I was expecting. They have both kept with tradition for a long time.

Since the article mentions fans "will experience what a game at Wrigley Field was like in that era", do you think they will cover the Under Armor ads in the outfield for the day?

It should be fun time. I'm surprised it took the Cubs this long to have a throwback game, but it just serves to make this a special event.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I hope those socks, and their visibility, are mandatory as part of the uniforms. The jerseys don't look as radically different as I was expecting. They have both kept with tradition for a long time.

Since the article mentions fans "will experience what a game at Wrigley Field was like in that era", do you think they will cover the Under Armor ads in the outfield for the day?

It should be fun time. I'm surprised it took the Cubs this long to have a throwback game, but it just serves to make this a special event.

would be weird to have a night game at Wrigley since they want the fans to "experience what a game at Wrigley Field was like in that era"

Any bets on whether we'll actually see that Braves sleeve patch on the uniforms?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Picked up a ticket to this one to see what it's all about. Of all the unis they could have picked, this one's a bit bland. That said, I've been asking the clubhouse shops where the jerseys are at for at least a month now. Each time they've acted as if they'd never heard of it. Maybe the official announcement will help get some more info... or something actually in stores before game time.

However, as much as I thought about purchasing one, they'll no doubt be overpriced. So I'm considering doing as they say and dressing like it's 1948, in which case I'd play the role of the first throwback fan and wear a 1911 jersey. I'd be years ahead of the trend. :)

Picked up a ticket to this one to see what it's all about. Of all the unis they could have picked, this one's a bit bland. That said, I've been asking the clubhouse shops where the jerseys are at for at least a month now. Each time they've acted as if they'd never heard of it. Maybe the official announcement will help get some more info... or something actually in stores before game time.

Hmm. Jersey-Joe doesn't have either of these listed, which leads me to believe that they aren't planning to sell them.

Hmm. Jersey-Joe doesn't have either of these listed, which leads me to believe that they aren't planning to sell them.

Not there... but the Cubs jersey has been listed as "coming soon" here on Jersey Joe's site for some time, which is where I got the original date and info I used when asking around at Wrigley.

i was just thinking to myself about how rarely the Cubs do throwbacks (and until now, exclusively on the road) and then i read this thread.

Too bad it wasn't a night game, we could've seen the satin

heh, it's a moot point anyway, as the Braves are the visitors and their satins were homes.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Any bets on whether we'll actually see that Braves sleeve patch on the uniforms?

Why wouldn't they?

This is based only on recollection, but I could swear that for a "throwback" game in Milwaukee or Boston, they wore a throwback jersey without the Indian head patch. That could be an invented memory, it could be they were wearing unis from a year when there was no patch, but it sticks in my mind for some odd reason.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Well I don't get WGN where I live, and since TBS decided to stop showing [skip Caray] the Bravos [/skip Caray] this year, it looks like I'll have to resort to a replay on MLB.TV before I can see these beauts in action. :(

6uXNWAo.png

Why wouldn't they?

This is based only on recollection, but I could swear that for a "throwback" game in Milwaukee or Boston, they wore a throwback jersey without the Indian head patch. That could be an invented memory, it could be they were wearing unis from a year when there was no patch, but it sticks in my mind for some odd reason.

I can't speak for Boston throwbacks, but to my knowledge they've always worn an Indian head patch in Milwaukee. So have the Brewers, when they don Braves throwbacks.

It's usually the 3/4 screaming Brave, not the profile patch, but that's largely because everybody does throwbacks to 1957. A throwback to the Boston days would necessitate the profile.

Too bad it wasn't a night game, we could've seen the satin

The Cubs didn't have night games until the 80's anyway. They were the last team to have night baseball.

And this week's firm grasp of the obvious award goes to...

BB52Big.jpg

"Fans attending this special game are encouraged to participate by dressing in 1948-style attire and will experience what a game at Wrigley Field was like in that era - from music to scorecards and more from that year. They will also have the opportunity to take part in activities dating back to that time. For example, five kids 14-years-and-younger will be chosen at random for Seat Flipper duty after the game. Those picked will receive four tickets to an upcoming Cubs home game for their post-game assistance. "

Bleacher bums in 1948 style outfits? This I gotta see.

"Fans attending this special game are encouraged to participate by dressing in 1948-style attire and will experience what a game at Wrigley Field was like in that era - from music to scorecards and more from that year. They will also have the opportunity to take part in activities dating back to that time. For example, five kids 14-years-and-younger will be chosen at random for Seat Flipper duty after the game. Those picked will receive four tickets to an upcoming Cubs home game for their post-game assistance. "

Bleacher bums in 1948 style outfits? This I gotta see.

Zoot suits and tommy guns are optional.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived