2008-2009 NHL Offseason Thread

Wheelhouse

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll tell you who will be a monster for the B's next year? Phil Kessel. (if they dont do something stupid and trade the guy).

I hope so. I haven't been completely impressed by the kid, especially when he was billed as "The American Sidney Crosby" a couple months before the draft. I think if the Bruins still had Joe Thornton, then Phil Kessel would have great points, similar to how Thornton basically turned Mike Knuble into a productive player.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I'm hearing that the Bruins have or might offer Marian Hossa $100 million in 12 years.

Dear Bruins, I had figured your organization had learned your lesson when you signed Zdeno Chara. STOP OVERPAYING FOR PLAYERS!

Sincerely,

The World

They didn't overpay for Chara.

If 12 years 100 mil happen, it would be front loaded.

How much does Chara cost per season? About $7.5 million? That's about $8.5 million over what he's worth.

He's one of the only reasons you guys gave Montreal a run for their money, he is an animal from the power-play, and a big physical Dman, with that tree in his hands he's impossible to get around 1 on 1.

If you think Chara is worth 1.5 million you're nuts.

-I was at Game 3 of that series, and the Bruins were lucky to win it, mainly because the Canadiens couldn't capitalize on all of Zdeno Chara's turnovers.

-He's an animal on the power-play? Maybe because of his shot from the point or his size to be able to screen the goalie. Other than that, he's not that much of an "animal".

-Physical? For his size, he should be a lot more physical. And yes, it's hard to get around him. Why? Because of his size.

So basically, Zdeno Chara has the skill set of a #5 or #6 defenseman in the ECHL. The only reason he's at the NHL level is because of his size. That's not worth $7.5 or even $4 million per season.

Also, shanurr, here's some stats on Jeff Finger:

20 minutes per game

121 hits

Only 40 penalty minutes

117 blocked shots

I'd say that he's well worth the money.

Sounds to me like you proved my point.

You would rather have Finger over Chara? Considering you say he is worth 4 million and Chara isn't.

Hi, how are you?

Campbell deal with Chicago in the process of being finalized. Per Bob Mckenzie of TSN. 8 years, 7.1 million per year.

Nooooo. What happened to him to Atlanta?

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I'm hearing that the Bruins have or might offer Marian Hossa $100 million in 12 years.

Dear Bruins, I had figured your organization had learned your lesson when you signed Zdeno Chara. STOP OVERPAYING FOR PLAYERS!

Sincerely,

The World

How much does Chara cost per season? About $7.5 million? That's about $8.5 million over what he's worth.

He's one of the only reasons you guys gave Montreal a run for their money, he is an animal from the power-play, and a big physical Dman, with that tree in his hands he's impossible to get around 1 on 1.

-I was at Game 3 of that series, and the Bruins were lucky to win it, mainly because the Canadiens couldn't capitalize on all of Zdeno Chara's turnovers.

-He's an animal on the power-play? Maybe because of his shot from the point or his size to be able to screen the goalie. Other than that, he's not that much of an "animal".

-Physical? For his size, he should be a lot more physical. And yes, it's hard to get around him. Why? Because of his size.

So basically, Zdeno Chara has the skill set of a #5 or #6 defenseman in the ECHL. The only reason he's at the NHL level is because of his size. That's not worth $7.5 or even $4 million per season.

20 minutes per game

121 hits

Only 40 penalty minutes

117 blocked shots

You would rather have Finger over Chara? Considering you say he is worth 4 million and Chara isn't.

And you would pay a guy $7.5 just because he's big? Rather than split that money up and use it for players that could actually help your team? I don't know how I "proved your point" when all I said was that he's in the NHL because he's big and you said that he's an "animal". Big difference there.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Detroit signs UFA goaltender Ty Conklin to a 1 year deal worth $750,000

Hmmmm...not sure what to think here. I was kinda looking forward to seeing Jimmy Howard as backup for a full year. Oh well.

And I seriously didn't think Jeff Finger made it to the NHL. He was in Hershey when I had season tickets, and I'd never heard of him again...until now.

Sincerely,

The World

20 minutes per game

121 hits

Only 40 penalty minutes

117 blocked shots

And you would pay a guy $7.5 just because he's big? Rather than split that money up and use it for players that could actually help your team? I don't know how I "proved your point" when all I said was that he's in the NHL because he's big and you said that he's an "animal". Big difference there.

I said he was big, physical Dman who is a force on the powerplay. You agreed that he is hard to get by, and you said the only reason he is because of his shot and his screening of the goalie, sounds like a great player too me, but obviously you don't see that way, no use in beating a dead horse.

I would pay Chara 7.5 but not just because he's big, he is a force to be reckoned with. I'd take a 7.5 million dollar Chara over 4 million Finger any day.

Hi, how are you?

Detroit signs UFA goaltender Ty Conklin to a 1 year deal worth $750,000

Hmmmm...not sure what to think here. I was kinda looking forward to seeing Jimmy Howard as backup for a full year. Oh well.

I don't mind that deal, it's a safe signing. Conklin was signed for cheap and, if Howard can't cut it as backup, he would be a solid #2 (there have actually been some doubts about Jimmy recently).

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

UUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok im selling Theodore for a cold can of mountain dew....ok a lukewarm can of mountain dew....maybe an empty can??

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Ooh, Can I play??...

Rolston stays in Tampa Bay

I'm pretty sure Rolston isn't playing in Tampa, just his contract negotation rights were trade there.

Well his rights were owned by Tampa bay up until NJ signed him this afternoon, so he would have been staying put if TB had gotten it done.

The Edmonton Oilers have traded defenceman Joni Pitkanen, a restricted free agent, to the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for forward Erik Cole. Details to follow.

As for Edmonton's deal to acquire Erik Cole, hell yes! A major upgrade from Pitkanen who did nothing for the Oilers last year, especially while Souray was down.

Now if the Oilers could only land Hossa... :rolleyes:

6uXNWAo.png

Sincerely,

The World

20 minutes per game

121 hits

Only 40 penalty minutes

117 blocked shots

I said he was big, physical Dman who is a force on the powerplay. You agreed that he is hard to get by, and you said the only reason he is because of his shot and his screening of the goalie, sounds like a great player too me, but obviously you don't see that way, no use in beating a dead horse.

I would pay Chara 7.5 but not just because he's big, he is a force to be reckoned with. I'd take a 7.5 million dollar Chara over 4 million Finger any day.

I'd take someone who doesn't constantly turn the puck over and can play defence over someone who is a big pylon and has a hard time holding onto that little black disc. Oh wait, we did! :D

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

UUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok im selling Theodore for a cold can of mountain dew....ok a lukewarm can of mountain dew....maybe an empty can??

I think they offered that kind of money to Huet but for some reason he doesn't want to play in that city, which is sad because he was doing so well there. Theodore is a downgrade but with the kind of offence they are capable of, they could make up for his short-comings.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I think they offered that kind of money to Huet but for some reason he doesn't want to play in that city, which is sad because he was doing so well there. Theodore is a downgrade but with the kind of offence they are capable of, they could make up for his short-comings.

they definetly offered that money to Huet, however Huet balked and got a bigger deal in Chicago. good for him, sad to see him go. Theodore is an absolute downgrade. hopefully with our offense we can make up some of the deficiency. maybe he can be just "osgoodenough"

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

6:42PM Toronto Maple Leafs sign UFA forward Niklas Hagman to a four-year contract worth $12 million

6:42PM New York Rangers re-sign UFA defenceman Michael Rozsival to a four-year deal worth $20 million

6:34PM Vancouver Canucks sign UFA forward Darcy Hordichuk to a two-year deal

6:33PM Philadelphia Flyers sign UFA forward Nate Raduns to a one-year deal

6:32PM Philadelphia Flyers sign UFA forward Glen Metropolit to a two-year deal

Goddammit, good thing I didn't buy a Metropolit jersey the other day.

Archived