2008-2009 NHL Offseason Thread

Wheelhouse

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kevin Lee from Hockeybuzz, and Senschirp are both reporting that the Senators have signed Jason Williams, no details as of yet though.

Also Brendall Bell is a Senator.

If TSN ain't sayin' it, then it ain't true.

Just the other day they (HB) were saying he was on the verge of signing with Toronto.

The fact you don't take anything the site says with a grain of salt is a little alarming. :P

Remember how many times they said Emery and Raycroft were on the verge of being moved this past season? ^_^

P.S. - It's BrenDAN Bell, the former Leaf. And he has not signed yet, he said he would sign with them if they wanted him. Nothing says he has placed his pen on the dotted line yet.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Kevin Lee from Hockeybuzz, and Senschirp are both reporting that the Senators have signed Jason Williams, no details as of yet though.

Just the other day they (HB) were saying he was on the verge of signing with Toronto.

The fact you don't take anything the site says with a grain of salt is a little alarming. :P

Remember how many times they said Emery and Raycroft were on the verge of being moved this past season? ^_^

P.S. - It's BrenDAN Bell, the former Leaf. And he has not signed yet, he said he would sign with them if they wanted him. Nothing says he has placed his pen on the dotted line yet.

I do take Hockeybuzz with a grain of salt, if I didn't I would've said a lot of other things but I then read it on Sens Chirp the same site who first reported the Hossa-Heatley trade so they have some good sources.

Being on the verge of being moved and actually doing so is a completely different thing.

I knew it was Brendan Bell, my mistake. He actually has signed.

Sens and Bell

Hi, how are you?

I do take Hockeybuzz with a grain of salt, if I didn't I would've said a lot of other things but I then read it on Sens Chirp the same site who first reported the Hossa-Heatley trade so they have some good sources.

Being on the verge of being moved and actually doing so is a completely different thing.

Sens and Bell

Oh yea, once, I read on the Leafs msg board that Raycroft was going to be let go. They must have had plenty of inside sources in order to announce that doozy!

Just don't believe everything you read, just because some site gets something right once doesn't mean it always will. HB SOMETIMES posts some decent news but it is as rare as Eddie Murphy making a decent movie these days. It only announced something like 4 moves correctly before they happened on July first this year. Other than that, McCabe is always on the verge of dropping his no-movement clause or Sundin is sooo in love with Bob Gainey that he can't wait to sign with the Habs. The rumors are always fun to see but I don't believe jack all until TSN says it as they get things right A LOT more than any other rumor site. I mean really, it was said recently that Williams was about to sign here so he can't very well sign in two places at once can he? (Although that would be kind of amusing)

Have fun with a decent but mostly crappy (he couldn't make it with the talent lacking Coyotes!!) d-man in Bell. :P Sportsnet didn't have him in their tracker last night and it is generally up to date. Oh well.

And what the hell is a Brendell? :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Sens and Bell

Oh yea, once, I read on the Leafs msg board that Raycroft was going to be let go. They must have had plenty of inside sources in order to announce that doozy!

Just don't believe everything you read, just because some site gets something right once doesn't mean it always will. HB SOMETIMES posts some decent news but it is as rare as Eddie Murphy making a decent movie these days. It only announced something like 4 moves correctly before they happened on July first this year. Other than that, McCabe is always on the verge of dropping his no-movement clause or Sundin is sooo in love with Bob Gainey that he can't wait to sign with the Habs. The rumors are always fun to see but I don't believe jack all until TSN says it as they get things right A LOT more than any other rumor site. I mean really, it was said recently that Williams was about to sign here so he can't very well sign in two places at once can he? (Although that would be kind of amusing)

Have fun with a decent but mostly crappy (he couldn't make it with the talent lacking Coyotes!!) d-man in Bell. :P Sportsnet didn't have him in their tracker last night and it is generally up to date. Oh well.

And what the hell is a Brendell? :P

Ugh, it's not a message board, the guy must be doing something right if he was able to report the Hossa- Heatley swap before anyone else, the only reason I mentionned it here, was because of that Blog, not because of hockeybuzz. BEfore any of the signings they were usually mentionning that the Sens were close to signing, like for Jason Smith.

I don't believe everything I read, like I said the first time, if I did, I would have posted a load of bull :censored: already.

Meh, I don't care much for Bell, I understand why they brought him in and everything, but I would have rather seen them go after someone like Montador, oh well. The rumor around Ottawa is that they're working a trade for Boumweester, I don't generally believe it will happen but still. They're saying Neil, Vermette and a pick for Boumweester.

A Brendall is the result of a long day. :P

Hi, how are you?

I am kind of surprised Nieuwendyk came to work for the Leafs after they tried to short change him after the lockout. I think this is a great move as it appears we are grooming him to either be the successor to Fletcher should we not be able to land a 'veteran' GM. If he is not being groomed to be the next GM, then I can see him being our next team president. Peddie should not leave MLSE but he should just live with all his other accomplishments (turning around a fledging NBA team, selling real estate, bringing a VERY popular MLS team to the city, etc) and step back from hockey and let those who know the game run it.

Short change him? Wanting to only sign him for one more year do to his health (which turned out to be the reason he stoped playing less then a year later)? That's short changing? Sounds like one of maybe 3 decent moves Ferguson made at the helm of this team.

untitled-6.jpg

I am kind of surprised Nieuwendyk came to work for the Leafs after they tried to short change him after the lockout. I think this is a great move as it appears we are grooming him to either be the successor to Fletcher should we not be able to land a 'veteran' GM. If he is not being groomed to be the next GM, then I can see him being our next team president. Peddie should not leave MLSE but he should just live with all his other accomplishments (turning around a fledging NBA team, selling real estate, bringing a VERY popular MLS team to the city, etc) and step back from hockey and let those who know the game run it.

Short change him? Wanting to only sign him for one more year do to his health (which turned out to be the reason he stoped playing less then a year later)? That's short changing? Sounds like one of maybe 3 decent moves Ferguson made at the helm of this team.

Offering Roberts a 1 year, 1.5 Mill contract and Nieuwendyk a 1 year, 1.3 million contract. Thats what I am talking about.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Are you kidding me?

Ted Nolan is taking the fall?

This guy has got to have the worst luck ever.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Islanders fired Ted Nolan -- I wouldn't mind knowing what the problem is with this guy

There's been a :censored:storm brewing with Garth Snow ever since the middle of last season.

Nolan's taking the fall for some stupid decisions by the "braintrust" in power. Nolan's probably too straight a shooter for the incompetents around him, first in Buffalo, now in Wang's epic disorganization.

Frankly, Garth should do his franchise a favor and fire himself.

Here's the blog post on the Islanders' firing:

http://blogs.trb.com/sports/hockey/islanders/blog/

I love the part where it says "several key players apparently lost faith in the coach?s methods."

Uh, with that bad of a team, there should be NO key players. Unfortunately, there are a few that expect to be treated as key players, and that's why the team is in the dumper.

idiotic move in my opinion. nolan wasn't the problem, its the geniuses in charge and the pile of crap he has to work with. if anyone needs to be fired, its Garth Snow. He was a failed goalie and he is a failed GM.

i still think Nolan is a great coach, its just he keeps getting :censored:ed at every turn.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Ted Nolan seems like the type of coach that doesn't take :censored: from anybody else in the organization and tells the players how to play the game and fit inside his system. So, in other words, Ted Nolan is a fantastic coach. The problem is that players don't want to fit into that. I feel that if Ted Nolan was coaching college, then his team would be a threat to win the Frozen Four every single year.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Dear Chuck,

Please do us all a favor and bring back Bill Torrey and Al Arbour. While we're at it could you also bring back Jiggs McDonald to be in the broadcast booth?

Sincerely

Long Suffering Islanders Fan.

How long before ths "Snow Must Go" chants at the colisseum?

Dear Chuck,

Please do us all a favor and bring back Bill Torrey and Al Arbour. While we're at it could you also bring back Jiggs McDonald to be in the broadcast booth?

Sincerely

Long Suffering Islanders Fan.

How long before ths "Snow Must Go" chants at the colisseum?

Are there going to be any fans left at the Colisseum?

I tell you the Islanders Organization could not handle a one car funeral, terrible move firing Nolan, what creditability does Garth Snow have he got the GM job by accident, after the Neil Smith fiasco.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived