2008-2009 NHL Offseason Thread

Wheelhouse

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Steve Bernier to Vancouver for 2009 3rd rounder and 2010 2nd rounder.

Also, rumour has it Gillis is going to make an offer sheet to Valtteri Filppula.

Great trade, and good offer, if it was done.

I agree with Lami, 3 days isn't enough to judge a GM. Gillis said from day one that Canucks have a lot of holes and are further off than Nonis thinks (which I agree with) and he's being as proactive as possible with the limited number of top players on the market this year.

This is what he had to do, make some trades, offer RFAs some contracts and hope for the best.

Free agency is only 3 days in, there's still a lot of time to make trades, and fill out the roster.

Pittsburgh Penguins sign Matt Cooke.

Replacing one former Canucks agitator with another one I guess. For the pens sake, I hope he doesn't vanish for weeks on end like he did as a Canuck.

So we patch up with Fedetenko and Satan for Hossa and Cooke for Ruutu.

I like it. Much more comfortable now than I was after that second day of free agency.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

Rob Blake is a Shark.

Woah. Now I know he's getting up there in age, but his influence will in the very least be a good pick-me-up for the Sharks D.

And BTW, I think we as logo/jersey freaks all NEED to check this out.

Click here, then click on NHL STORE to watch how jerseys are made!!!

That looks about right. But when I do it at Nationwide Arena there is a lot more eyeballing and we only heat press numbers on Blue Jackets jerseys. I wish I could do every team's jersey, the Blue Jackets number font sucks and is a bitch to line up for the heat press especially 9's, 8's and 6's. There are no straight lines to reference.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Bertuzzi is a Calgary Flame.

-Dan

Wooooo so pumped he makes up for what Nolan did

Nolan punched somebody from behind?

No they play a similar style of game but Bertuzzi is more of a Power Forward and can score more also can play both wings, i think Minnesota spent to much on Nolan we were offering him 2 years/ 2 or 3 million i think.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

-Dan

Wooooo so pumped he makes up for what Nolan did

Nolan punched somebody from behind?

No they play a similar style of game but Bertuzzi is more of a Power Forward and can score more also can play both wings, i think Minnesota spent to much on Nolan we were offering him 2 years/ 2 or 3 million i think.

Hmm. And here I thought that power forwards were effective around the net. I guess I'm proven wrong again.

He'll still never dress for a game in Vancouver again.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

According to the Calgary Herald, the Flames aren't finishing making moves and could be looking for a scoring winger and a puck-moving defenseman.

The Flames tried to sign veteran Wade Redden, but he decided to join the New York Rangers last week.

The Toronto Maple Leafs have been trying to move defenseman Bryan McCabe, who has a no-movement clause, and the Herald reports the Flames may be a potential suitor.

McCabe, 33, would have to waive his no-movement clause in order for any trade to be accepted.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/cgy080707.html

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

According to the Calgary Herald, the Flames aren't finishing making moves and could be looking for a scoring winger and a puck-moving defenseman.

The Flames tried to sign veteran Wade Redden, but he decided to join the New York Rangers last week.

The Toronto Maple Leafs have been trying to move defenseman Bryan McCabe, who has a no-movement clause, and the Herald reports the Flames may be a potential suitor.

McCabe, 33, would have to waive his no-movement clause in order for any trade to be accepted.

THANK GOD SOMEONE WANTS HIM!

As long as we get Leeland Irving back in a potential trade (I want a Leafs jersey with my last name on it and not be a total douche bag in doing so) I'm content.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

As long as we get Leeland Irving back in a potential trade (I want a Leafs jersey with my last name on it and not be a total douche bag in doing so) I'm content.

Irving's been freefalling in the prospect rankings over the past few years. I'm sure he can be had, and cheaply.

Irving's been freefalling in the prospect rankings over the past few years. I'm sure he can be had, and cheaply.

If I were Fletcher, I'd give McCabe up for a stick of gum. A prospect like Irving would be wonderful, even if he is struggling. He can still turn things around and be a future NHLer for sure.

-Dan

I'm disappointed with this signing.

If anything, this deal brings the sumb*tch back to the Northwest Division where nobody has forgotten. I'm not even sure if Vancouver fans even like the guy still.

6uXNWAo.png

Leafs re-sign Matt Stajan. If nothing else, it's a good day for Babydoll, and therefore, the Creamer boards in general.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived