2008-2009 NHL Offseason Thread

Wheelhouse

Bertuzzi is a Calgary Flame.

-Dan

Wooooo so pumped he makes up for what Nolan did

Nolan punched somebody from behind?

No they play a similar style of game but Bertuzzi is more of a Power Forward and can score more also can play both wings, i think Minnesota spent to much on Nolan we were offering him 2 years/ 2 or 3 million i think.

Bert's not much of a power forward anymore. And hasn't been for years. He's got a bad back, concussion problems, and more baggage than Air Canada's lost luggage depot. I'm kind of shocked he'd come back to the Northwest where he'll eventually have to play in Vancouver.

I know but we didn't pay a fortune and it's only for one year lets just see how it pans out

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Continental League is slowly making noise as a true competitor for some NHL talent.

Jagr & Emery are too good names skating off to Russia.

I seem to remember another league which made similar moves... the World Hockey Association... and we all know what happened to them. :P

Jagr is the only big name to go there, although he is no longer the player he once was. As for Emery, 1 and a half good seasons does not put him anywhere CLOSE to Jagr in terms of appeal. He is just a washed up goalie who couldn't land a job in the NHL while Jagr couldn't snag a long term deal.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The Continental League is slowly making noise as a true competitor for some NHL talent.

Jagr & Emery are too good names skating off to Russia.

I seem to remember another league which made similar moves... the World Hockey Association... and we all know what happened to them. :P

Jagr is the only big name to go there, although he is no longer the player he once was. As for Emery, 1 and a half good seasons does not put him anywhere CLOSE to Jagr in terms of appeal. He is just a washed up goalie who couldn't land a job in the NHL while Jagr couldn't snag a long term deal.

I still think Emery will be back.

Hi, how are you?

Demitra is officially a Canuck. I'm just glad its finally done so we can stop hearing about the potential of it happening. I have no idea who he's going to play with though. I guess he could go to centre on the second line.

May leave the top two lines something like:

Sedin-Sedin-Bernier

Raymond-Demitra-Pyatt

Demitra is officially a Canuck. I'm just glad its finally done so we can stop hearing about the potential of it happening. I have no idea who he's going to play with though. I guess he could go to centre on the second line.

May leave the top two lines something like:

Sedin-Sedin-Bernier

Raymond-Demitra-Pyatt

Local radio is also saying Sundin will sign with Vancouver in 7-10 days.

i dont think theres a team in the league with a better corps down the middle than Backstrom, Fedorov, and Nylander. combined with 2 great scorers, the Caps offense will be amongst the best in the league, but can Theodore keep the puck out of the net? i have my reservations, but we'll see. all i know is its exciting waiting for hockey season here in HockeyWashington.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

i dont think theres a team in the league with a better corps down the middle than Backstrom, Fedorov, and Nylander. combined with 2 great scorers, the Caps offense will be amongst the best in the league, but can Theodore keep the puck out of the net? i have my reservations, but we'll see. all i know is its exciting waiting for hockey season here in HockeyWashington.

And I don't think there's a member with more jerseys in their sig than you. :P

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

All they need is to sharpen up there D, and they can be a very good team.

Hi, how are you?

Just a head's up to Bruins fans. Dennis Wideman is going to arbitration, so he's as good as gone.

Uhh... last I heard he'll end up with an estimated around $3 mil, and most likely Chia will buy someone out like Murray to keep him here. But you never know.

Alexander Radulov bolts back home... joins Ufa of Russian Superleague.

And this is where things get interesting. Radulov has a year left on his NHL contract with no out clause. The IIHF has said for a few weeks now that if any federation league team signs a player under contract that the federation, in this case Russia, risk being barred from participating in the Olympics. On top of it yesterday the KHL and NHL reached an agreement to honor each others contracts. So we will see if the KHL accepts the Radulov contract and if so if the IIHF follows through with it's threat. And you can bet the IIHF will be under immense pressure from the NHL to put some teeth behind the threat to stop this.

Archived