2008-2009 NHL Offseason Thread

Wheelhouse

Chris Neil and a prospect (possibly Alexander Nikulin) have been traded to Chicago for Cam Barker.

No official link yet.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chris Neil and a prospect (possibly Alexander Nikulin) have been traded to Chicago for Cam Barker.

No official link yet.

Wow. This saddens me. I liked Barker, he was one of my fave Chicago prospects. I'm not quite sure he ever got a fair shake, for whatever reason. His play in Rockford certainly warranted more than the icetime he got in the big league. I guess Campbell's arrival ends that.

No official link yet.

Where did you hear that? Just wondering.

I believe it is from our good, reliable friend Kevin Lee. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Don't know if anyone has heard yet but the 2009 NHL Winter Classic will be held at Wrigley Field.

It will be an original six match up between obviously Chicago Blackhawks and the Detroit Red Wings on New Year's Day.

I don't know why the NHL insists on having NBC compete with college football bowl games. If the Red Wings and Michigan football go head-to-head on New Year's Day, which game would get more viewers from the state of Michigan?

A couple of Thrashers tidbits:

The team has re-signed goalie Kari Lehtonen to a new deal, terms not officially disclosed in the article. Link (The word is that's it's a 1-year, $3 million deal, which screams of Kari not being around Atlanta too much longer if he doesn't get his act together.)

Also, a couple of things have been released, as to the Thrashers' 2008-09 schedule. The Thrashers open at home on Friday, October 10th vs. the Capitals. The team also got a pretty sweet deal, in terms of the Western teams they'll play twice this season: Nashville (This pairing could have been a nice little rivalry if it ever had the chance to forge one), Colorado, and reigning Cup champion Detroit (a return to Atlanta for Marian Hossa).

Interconference home-and-homes:

New Jersey = Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles

NY Islanders = Columbus, Minnesota, ???

NY Rangers = Anaheim, Dallas, ???

Philadelphia = Colorado, Los Angeles, San Jose

Pittsburgh = Columbus, Detroit, San Jose

Boston = Chicago, Minnesota, St. Louis

Buffalo = Anaheim, Detroit, Phoenix

Montreal = Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

Ottawa = Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

Toronto = Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

Atlanta = Colorado, Detroit, Nashville

Carolina = Anaheim, Phoenix, St. Louis

Florida = Dallas, Nashville, St. Louis

Tampa Bay = Minnesota, San Jose, ???

Washington = Columbus, Los Angeles, Nashville

================================

Chicago = Boston, New Jersey, ???

Columbus = NY Islanders, Pittsburgh, Washington

Detroit = Atlanta, Buffalo, Pittsburgh

Nashville = Atlanta, Florida, Washington

St. Louis = Boston, Carolina, Florida

Calgary = Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto

Colorado = Atlanta, Philadelphia, ???

Edmonton = Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto

Minnesota = Boston, NY Islanders, Tampa Bay

Vancouver = Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto

Anaheim = Buffalo, Carolina, NY Rangers

Dallas = Florida, New Jersey, NY Rangers

Los Angeles = New Jersey, Philadelphia, Washington

Phoenix = Buffalo, Carolina, ???

San Jose = Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay

Rumors of three-team blockbuster

A hot rumor in NHL circles has Senators GM Bryan Murray discussing a three-way blockbuster with the Blackhawks and Kings, Sun Media has learned. While draft picks and other players might also be involved, the principals appear to be a group of five or six that include a couple of veteran goalies and some of the game's most promising stars. According to insiders, Ottawa would trade netminder Martin Gerber and defenseman Andrej Meszaros to Los Angeles, the Kings would move 20-year-old center Anze Kopitar to Chicago and the Blackhawks would propel goalie Nikolai Khabibulin and either of young blueliners Brent Seabrook or Cam Barker to the Senators.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ottaw...171651-sun.html

Wow... imagine Anze Kopitar with Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews...

Wade-sig.png

A hot rumor in NHL circles has Senators GM Bryan Murray discussing a three-way blockbuster with the Blackhawks and Kings, Sun Media has learned. While draft picks and other players might also be involved, the principals appear to be a group of five or six that include a couple of veteran goalies and some of the game's most promising stars. According to insiders, Ottawa would trade netminder Martin Gerber and defenseman Andrej Meszaros to Los Angeles, the Kings would move 20-year-old center Anze Kopitar to Chicago and the Blackhawks would propel goalie Nikolai Khabibulin and either of young blueliners Brent Seabrook or Cam Barker to the Senators.

This doesnt make much sense for LA. They have a pile of good young defensemen, but Kopitar is their best offensive prospect. Trading Kopitar is crazy if they don't get another quality forward back. The kings could certainly use a goalie, but Meszaros, while a quality player isn't what they need.

Oh, and also, Andy Strickland was interviewed on Team1040 yesterday, and apparently the Canucks are offering Sundin the captaincy in addition to everything else. While I'd like him on the team, I don't like someone who has never played on the team being dropped in as the captain. It surely didn't work very well the last time the Canucks tried it.

This doesnt make much sense for LA. They have a pile of good young defensemen, but Kopitar is their best offensive prospect. Trading Kopitar is crazy if they don't get another quality forward back. The kings could certainly use a goalie, but Meszaros, while a quality player isn't what they need.

Don't the Kings have Bernier ready to go in goal? If Carey Price can do it at a tender age, so can the Kings' perennial uberstarlet. I mean, they've been touting this kid for what seems like years now!

Can't see them losing their main offensive stud just for short-term goaltending help.

I don't see what all the hubbub is about Meszaros, way too over-rated IMO. I'm a Gerber fan, but there is no way he is the guy, when there are no expectations he's great, but as soon as you start relying on him a little bit more, it's Game 7 in the 04 playoffs all over again. :P

Hi, how are you?

Archived