2008-2009 NHL Offseason Thread

Wheelhouse

The Atlanta Thrashers have signed BgMack27 to a one year deal to work in Hockey Operations. :) *I wasn't sure whether this was a celebrate yourself or an NHL Offseason thread post*

Woo! You moving to Atlanta?

Yeah I'm supposed to be in my office by Monday. This is going to be a quick turnaround.

Prepare for endless ribbing from UGA fans.

Oh I know. I have a Gators license plate frame on my car. I hope nobody breaks my window or something. Actually I found out that they even sell Gators themed state license plates in Georgia. Proceeds benefit the Gator Club of Atlanta or something like that. I was surprised, but it's on their DMV website.

We usually aren't violent. Your windows should be fine.

They still sell the Gators ones? I thought they stopped since Florida wouldn't sell UGA ones.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Too bad the Stars didn't sign Darcy Tucker. Now that would have been something.

You'd have Mike Ribeiro at center, Sean Avery at the left wing, Tucker can play both wings so he'd be at the right. Three of the biggest pests in the league, all on one line!

Riberio a pest ... :therock:

Ribeiro a bitch, but close enough.

83 points in 76 games with a +21 ... yah he sucks.

who said he sucks?

Indeed. I never said he sucked. But, as a Bruins fan, I can never forget what he did. So yes, he may not suck, but he is a bitch.

Which time? <_<

(and no he doesn't suck)

He's different now, his points are up and he is no longer a pest.

We have Ott, Barch and Avery for that ... ^_^

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Okay, the NHL's preseason is here and Sundin has yet to sign with anyone.

Is he retiring to pursue a career in poker, or are teams lowballing him that badly?

He needs to make up his freaking mind!

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Is he retiring to pursue a career in poker, or are teams lowballing him that badly?

I'm hoping he doesn't sign with the Canucks, he obviously has no desire to play hockey, if he really wanted to play he would of started training and made up his mind. He will likely sign mid season with the Rangers or Red Wings for almost nothing.

I'm hoping he doesn't sign with the Canucks, he obviously has no desire to play hockey, if he really wanted to play he would of started training and made up his mind. He will likely sign mid season with the Rangers or Red Wings for almost nothing.

He will sign with them for nothing bcause he wants a chance at the cup, and we all know he will not be having a chance with the LEafs or Canucks.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

The Anaheim Ducks have traded defenseman Mathieu Schneider to the Atlanta Thrashers for defenseman Ken Klee, left wing Brad Larsen and left wing prospect Chad Painchaud.

Painchaud will be in the minors and I don't expect Klee or Larsen to be on the opening night roster.

I have a feeling that either waivers or another trade will be coming for these two.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Looks like the Flyers' home is going to get its 4th name in 12 years.... <_<

CoreStates Center > First Union Center > Wachovia Center > CitiBank Center???

Well, you better hope Lincoln Financial and Citizens Bank stay afloat. :oops:

I saw, I came, I left.

Anyone else hear about the Leafs putting Jeremy Williams on waivers? I saw it on TSN, I dont know if its because he's being called up/sent down so he needs to clear waivers but I hope nobody picks him up, he has potential but the Leafs never give him a real chance.

beLEAF

Canucks name Roberto Luongo as captain....Mitchell will wear an A, but deal with the officials while Ohlund and Kesler will wear the other 2 A's.

I totally want a Luongo jersey with a big giant C on the front now. :D

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The Anaheim Ducks have traded defenseman Mathieu Schneider to the Atlanta Thrashers for defenseman Ken Klee, left wing Brad Larsen and left wing prospect Chad Painchaud.

Painchaud will be in the minors and I don't expect Klee or Larsen to be on the opening night roster.

I have a feeling that either waivers or another trade will be coming for these two.

That seems good from the Thrashers perspective.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

He will sign with them for nothing bcause he wants a chance at the cup, and we all know he will not be having a chance with the LEafs or Canucks.

So in other words, Sundin's pulling a "Roger Clemens", where he's going to remain a free agent and see how the first half of the season plays out until he inks with whatever team he wants.

Yeah, okay then. <_<

6uXNWAo.png

Archived