Buffalo Bills Unveil Logo for Toronto Games

TruColor

The logo in question:

F409D75D3F29410DB00E7BF95B2009F4.jpg

Aside from the international politics that are surely deserving of a seventeen-page thread, allow me to comment on the logo itself....

I think this logo illustrates how outdated the Bills logo is. I mean, it's not Washington Wizards-like bad, but wow...to me it screams, "Help! somebody please get me out of this 1980s design vacuum!"

That is, if nonsentient beings/logos could were capable of screaming without the vocal chords necessary to do so.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you're both wrong, really. The Bills' logo has never been anything special, really, but it's not really outdated.

Tampa's new set is still brilliant, and many, many miles better than the previous version. If Jacksonville could figure out that all-black is bad and color is good, their set would be fine.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Tampa's new set is still brilliant, and many, many miles better than the previous version.

Completely subjective. However, you cannot say for any certainty that the creamsicle Bucco Bruce togs were less identifiable and less memorable than the current blandness that is Pewter and pirate ship.

Still, i'm worried about anyone who would consider the Bucs' revamp "brilliant". :D At best, it's been serviceable, workmanlike, mediocre, acceptable. At worst, it's boring and uninspired.

It's miles ahead of Bucco Bruce. Bucco Bruce was a horrible logo, and was completely "boring and uninspired." But, hey, worry away. It just means I don't believe that just because something is old makes it better.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Suppose the Bills do end up moving to Toronto. I personally doubt they would keep the name Bills.

Toronto Argonauts of the NFL? Hmmm. I kind of like it.

Well, If (I say if rather than when because of all the politics around it) the NFL finally comes to Toronto I'm almost certain the Argos will essentially become an NFL franchise. I can see the CFL trying to continue to make a run of it in Toronto at first (for the record, i'll support it) but eventually they will pick up and leave town.

If "hockey crazy" Toronto couldn't(or should I say wouldn't?) support the Leafs, Marlies and, Majors how can(will?) they support 2 football teams?

That's what I think, and I know I very well could be wrong. In fact I'd be happy if I was.

..............As for the actual logo, it does what it needs to, nothing special but it's fine.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

The Bills moving to Toronto (or Los Angeles) is a fait accompli sometime shortly after Ralph Wilson heads to the happy hunting ground; provided they build a new stadium there. Yes, I said a new stadium - SkyDome (sorry, I'm not a fan of corporate whoring) is coming up on 20 years old, and no matter how well it's been maintained, the argument will be (successfully) made that a new facility is needed. If it's Toronto, it'll be the death of the CFL.

A solution I always thought would be neat would be not to relocate a team to Toronto, but to expand, adding four teams at once and covering markets the league wants to go into: Toronto, Los Angeles, Mexico City, and, well, whatever other city feels like ponying up a billion for a franchise and another billion for a new facility. The NFL chalks up $4 billion in expansion revenues, four new cities get teams, the league can hit up CBS and FOX for more money in the next TV deal, and everyone makes out like bandits in the end.

nav-logo.png

A solution I always thought would be neat would be not to relocate a team to Toronto, but to expand, adding four teams at once and covering markets the league wants to go into: Toronto, Los Angeles, Mexico City, and, well, whatever other city feels like ponying up a billion for a franchise and another billion for a new facility. The NFL chalks up $4 billion in expansion revenues, four new cities get teams, the league can hit up CBS and FOX for more money in the next TV deal, and everyone makes out like bandits in the end.

FOX, CBS and NBC gain nothing with teams in Toronto and Mexico City, since they wont be getting ad revenue from those markets since they are outside the U.S.

The US TV networks have nothing to gain, but the NFL does. They can try to get TV revenue and sponsorships from Canadian or Mexican sources. Whether that would enough to cover what US networks would have gathered is still to be determined.

I saw, I came, I left.

The Bills moving to Toronto (or Los Angeles) is a fait accompli sometime shortly after Ralph Wilson heads to the happy hunting ground; provided they build a new stadium there. Yes, I said a new stadium - SkyDome (sorry, I'm not a fan of corporate whoring) is coming up on 20 years old, and no matter how well it's been maintained, the argument will be (successfully) made that a new facility is needed.

Bottom line: Rogers Centre/SkyDome is too small to be an NFL facility. It will hold 54,000 for Bills games. League minimum is around 61,000 (the RCA Dome has been under for a number of seasons now...it's outathere now).

The NFL should stay in the US and that's final

We're in a global market. Money talks. If the Bills move (I hope not), I'd rather have NFL retire the Bills name as they did with the Oilers, and rename the team, Toronto Huskies, after the BAA-NBA team in the 40's. Mexico City isn't going to work, geographically wise. Think of the expenses traveling back and forth with the ridiculous fuel prices going on. It problably will be Los Angeles, with Jaguars moving from Jacksonville. Rename the team Cougars. There are cougars in LA county and it's the same cat, without the spots. ^_^

The US TV networks have nothing to gain, but the NFL does. They can try to get TV revenue and sponsorships from Canadian or Mexican sources. Whether that would enough to cover what US networks would have gathered is still to be determined.

Definitely. Especially now that the Canadian Dollar is about equal to the U.S Dollar, I doubt the NFL could actually lose much revenue through the Bills moving to Toronto.

Tampa Bay Everybody Loves Rays

Go 'Nova | Go Irish

Definitely. Especially now that the Canadian Dollar is about equal to the U.S Dollar, I doubt the NFL could actually lose much revenue through the Bills moving to Toronto.

That doesn't mean that that hypothesis needs to be tested.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

That doesn't mean that that hypothesis needs to be tested.

Well, businesses often take risks. It's not so much about need, but want. Does the NFL want to take the chance? That's up to them.

I honestly don't care what happens either way, except when it comes to funding for a stadium, which I hope doesn't come from the governments.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived