Jays sack manager

The Nation

gaston.jpg

He's sad to see Gibbons go, but he's very excited about this opportunity. No one hits-and-runs like Gaston, uses bunts like Gaston, no one knows how to manufacture some runs like Gaston.

all have to say is: holy crap.

this is a shocker! i'm ecstatic that gibbons is gone, and i'm gonna love seeing cito back. But i almost think this is more of a publicity stunt by Godfrey and JP (who also should be fired) to get more fans back in the stands, rather than a smart baseball decision.

If Cito Gaston was the answer, for anyone, don't you think he'd been hired by someone else by now? You now know why the Jays are bad, the have no concept of going forward and improving. Wasn't Cito fired by the Jays? If so, what makes him right at this point? Just another retread manager that may do something for 2 weeks and then you'll see why he was fired and why the Jays management has no clue.

Β 

Β 

Finally he is gone . I don't know what took JP so long but I'm glad its done. Sad to see Whitt to be gone but he wasn't doing his job as well. I had a feeling Gibbons would of been gone but didn't expect the other choaches to go along.

As well as to bring back Cito is great news. May not be the same but it sure could help out the team. The new coaches along with Cito will be Nick Leyva, Gene Tenace and Dwayne Murphy.

Anyone got a " Flashback Friday " ?

Now PG ( *edit was thinking someone else* ) has to get rid of JP. He has brought in or hired a manger over and over and none of them have succeeded. I think he will be next, maybe at the end of the season.

But anyways glad to see some moves to be done. IMO i thought things would of been done until the end of the season.

4kv29i.jpg

If Cito Gaston was the answer, for anyone, don't you think he'd been hired by someone else by now? You now know why the Jays are bad, the have no concept of going forward and improving. Wasn't Cito fired by the Jays? If so, what makes him right at this point? Just another retread manager that may do something for 2 weeks and then you'll see why he was fired and why the Jays management has no clue.

Cito has been on other teams' radars again for a few years at least. He was a finalist for the White Sox job that went to Ozzie, and was actually favored. Ozzie was kind of a dark horse in that one until the end.

I would have personally gotten Ernie Whitt to take over or keep him on as the 1st base coach the guy is loyal to community, knows the players but Cito is a great fit hopefully brings the Jays back to the glory days

Ricciardi you're next

Β 

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Β 

Finally he is gone . I don't know what took JP so long but I'm glad its done. Sad to see Whitt to be gone but he wasn't doing his job as well. I had a feeling Gibbons would of been gone but didn't expect the other choaches to go along.

As well as to bring back Cito is great news. May not be the same but it sure could help out the team. The new coaches along with Cito will be Nick Leyva, Gene Tenace and Dwayne Murphy.

Anyone got a " Flashback Friday " ?

Now PG ( *edit was thinking someone else* ) has to get rid of JP. He has brought in or hired a manger over and over and none of them have succeeded. I think he will be next, maybe at the end of the season.

But anyways glad to see some moves to be done. IMO i thought things would of been done until the end of the season.

I have been hearing rumblings that Godfry was behind this move, not JP.

I'm sad to see the new hitting coach didn't pan out as well as we had hoped but I'm sure he'll find work.

I will also miss Ernie Whitt. :(

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived