Oklahoma City .....

jhans203

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We could all go to hell and call them the Oklahoma City Bombers?

Too soon?

Dude ... bad taste ... too soon ... rediculous! Get outa here!

hahaha thats pretty funny I forgot about that, kinda fcuked up though...

GO NETS.

Honestly Barons is the only name I can picture an actual NBA team using. Aviators is ok, Bandits sounds way too arena football, Thundercats is just wow (could you imagine Scott Van Pelt saying "And onto the next game, where the Lakers took on the THUNDERCATS!" just weird). !'s, on the other hand...

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

We could all go to hell and call them the Oklahoma City Bombers?

Too soon?

OMFG!!! I've never heard that suggestion (like at least 20 times in this very thread) before!

Ur so creativezzz!!!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Actually, the more I think about this, the less I think that they should go with something like Outlaws, Thunderbirds, Barons, etc. ...

Getting a major-league franchise is the PERFECT way to portray a different image to the rest of the country. Find some aspect of the area that isn't stereotypical western. Not knowing much about OK, I'm not sure what that is, but I'm sure it's there.

On the one hand, that's exactly how you get teams named the Cyber Rays. On the other hand ... well, actually, after Cyber Rays, there is no other hand.

I think with OKC, the new-identity thing you're going for would be about energy. Not oil production or refining, but energy in the broader sense. OKC is headquarters to several regional energy companies, and if the United States ever gets off its ass about energy independence, Oklahoma could be a major center for production and distribution of wind and solar energy and of wind and solar equipment manufacturing. An identity like the West Virginia Power, only with a name ending in S, would be about right.

OKC Dynamos?

Then again, Barons is the kind of name that can be adapted to changing times and themes. It may come from the idea of oil barons, but the identity could be refreshed to reference the broader idea of energy barons.

20082614447.png

All of these domain names have been reigstered to one Mr. Brian Campbell:

oklahomacitybarons.com

oklahomacitycyclones.com

Oklahomacitydrillers.com

Oklahomacityoutlaws.com

oklahomacitythunder.com

oklahomacitythunderbirds.com

Oklahomacitytwisters.com.

I sure hope Mr. Campbell is from Seattle. I wonder with all of the super tech savy Sonics fans here, if the OKC team will encounter "problems" with their web name, web site etc.

You're talking about a guy who just dropped $75 million above and beyond what he already paid to get the team, just to move it two years ahead of schedule. I'm sure those problems won't exist for long.

I was actually referring to "problems" of a technical, site going down, misinformation appearing on their site sort of situation.

I believe in the Yahoo article it says that Bennett is swaying towards using Oklahoma City Marshals as the name. For me it just does sound right. Out of the rumors going around I would have to side w/ Thunderbirds or possibly Barons.

edited

Go back to the first few pages and you'll see that these completely stupid and ridiculous inuendo nicknames have already been posted. Although, you fourth grade level intelects will still probably laugh and snicker at the sight of them. <_<

hahaha welllll maybe i dont have the time to look through every page like you do because I have a life and i get :censored: done, you edit.

GO NETS.

oklahomos

Go back to the first few pages and you'll see that these completely stupid and ridiculous inuendo nicknames have already been posted. Although, you fourth grade level intelects will still probably laugh and snicker at the sight of them. <_<

hahaha welllll maybe i dont have the time to look through every page like you do because I have a life and i get :censored: done, you oklafag.

So is that idiot forum up and running yet???

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived