• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just, because I am bored...here are the NBA names by syllables

LOS-ANG-ELES (3) LAKE-RS (2)

LOS-ANG-ELES (3) CLIPP-ERS (2)

MINN-E-SOTA (3) TIM-BER-WOLVES (3)

Um...maybe count again on these three?

Unless you pronounce 'Minnesota' and 'Los Angeles' in a way that I'm not familiar with...

Just, because I am bored...here are the NBA names by syllables

PORT-LAND (2) TRI-AL-BLAZ-ERS (4)

LOS-ANG-ELES (3) LAKE-RS (2)

LOS-ANG-ELES (3) CLIPP-ERS (2)

MINN-E-SOTA (3) TIM-BER-WOLVES (3)

Um...maybe count again on these three?

Unless you pronounce 'Minnesota' and 'Los Angeles' in a way that I'm not familiar with...

Yeah, your list is a bit inaccurate. Also, who are the Portland Trialblazers? Lawyers perhaps? :P

A Rumor from I don't know where, but Oklahoma City Wranglers.

What's that I see in the mail?

It's a cease and desist from the AFL!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yes, because we all know professional teams can't have the same names. Like the Sacramento and LA Kings, or the Arizona and St. Louis Cardinals

Yes, because we all know professional teams can't have the same names. Like the Sacramento and LA Kings, or the Arizona and St. Louis Cardinals

Well, they kind of sort of still own the rights to the Oklahoma Wranglers identity. Check the USPTO website.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

With the arrowhead logo (and historical logo of the guy in loincloth and headdress), one is hard-pressed to argue that it's not native american.

Still, is there a fuss over it? Really? That's the one about which I've seen the least. If that's the best reason not to use Thunderbirds, they might as well order the jerseys now.

I think the name is fine. But, I just don't think the league will allow it, however lame an excuse.

You guys got it all wrong. This is what I think of when I hear Thunderbirds.

okclogosfk7.png

okcthunderbirdshomehz2.png

(bow)

uconn2.pngliverpoolfc.png

With the arrowhead logo (and historical logo of the guy in loincloth and headdress), one is hard-pressed to argue that it's not native american.

Still, is there a fuss over it? Really? That's the one about which I've seen the least. If that's the best reason not to use Thunderbirds, they might as well order the jerseys now.

I think the name is fine. But, I just don't think the league will allow it, however lame an excuse.

okclogosfk7.png

(bow)

I take it back. Thunderbirds would be a terrible name.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Those are all pretty much wrong.

LOS-ANG-EL-ES LA-KERS

LOS-ANG-EL-ES CLIPP-ERS

MI-NNE-SO-TA TIM-BER-WOLVES

PORT-LAND TRAIL-BLA-ZERS

OK-LA-HO-MA-CI-TY OUT-LAWS

You're not even right.

Los-An-ge-les Lak-ers (6)

Los-An-ge-les Clip-pers (6)

Min-ne-so-ta Tim-ber-wolves (7)

Port-land Trail-Blaz-ers (5)

O-kla-ho-ma-Cit-y Out-laws (8)

okclogosfk7.png

(bow)

Come on, man. Zapdos was the :censored:. :P

uconn2.pngliverpoolfc.png

okclogosfk7.png

(bow)

Come on, man. Zapdos was the :censored:. :P

Articuno>*

But seriously, if Zapdos is the first thing you think of when you hear Thunderbirds, you've played entirely too much Pokemon.

To contribute: I like Thunderbirds, Barons, and Cyclones the most. I kind of like Wranglers too. :P

Untitled-1.png

Archived